Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Manji's-Super-Happy-Fun-Bar! Plat prize every 5 pages! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8988 8989 8990 8991 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

new pole!
  *does the no pants dance around the pole*
View Results

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:01 pm
This looks fun! Can I get a root beer? I typically would always go for Thai tea but I don't think that is available. To any parent, what do you think about snow days? As a substitute teacher I find them rather annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:04 pm
SummerWind007
This looks fun! Can I get a root beer? I typically would always go for Thai tea but I don't think that is available. To any parent, what do you think about snow days? As a substitute teacher I find them rather annoying.

*Grabs an ice cold root beer from the chest freezer under the bar counter. Cracks the bottle top with an opener and places it on a napkin in front of you.*

tab tab User Image

I love snowdays but I gave up going after my teaching degree and alas I am not a parent. I also am not working atm till the folks are a lil more caught up on things and can do without me at home. I'm sure as a teacher it probably just creates more work and as a parent creates issues with having to make sure your kid isn't home alone if they're young. That'd be a bummer. Are you a parent and/or teacher? (sorry bout the cola link. no root beer icon in gaia go figure! but rest assured the bottle has ibc root beer!)

Btw i'd be happy to try brewing a thai tea next time feel free to ask for one next visit! We have a nice earl grey tea and I read black tea is a base for it. We got some spices and a pantry I bet I can whip something together! I welcome the challenge!

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:33 pm
tab tab User Image

Ah, thank you. Taking care of the parents is something I can respect. Life is something we should not rush, and sometimes it takes a bit to find your true calling. I am currently a substitute, moved states and needed more college classes even when I have a bachelors in teaching elementary. I love the work I do even when the kids can be rough. I am hoping to have my own classroom by the fall. Not a parent and a single pringle maybe one day but God only knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:42 am
I may end up substitute teaching b4 long. I had returned to finish college years ago and the college advisors keep missing a class or two i need for my degree. i kind of burned out on teaching after going through some of the teaching classes. I rly disliked core curriculum and the bureaucracy and politics that seemed to be rly ingrained in the area i would have taught at but i would have loved having music classes, choir, and a marching band. overall though i decided to not finish or persue it.

But substituting wouldn't be as much of a committment and at this point i'd rather just have something to supplement income instead of an in depth career in schools so subbing for me would work out now. and i liked working with and teaching kids. that was never an issue. hats off to good teachers and subs! I hope you get your own classroom and are able to teach the way you want and do your thang!

I'm no parent either. I never wanted to have my own kids though and am still fine with that decision. My mind boggles at great parents who preplan and want kids and stick thru it. the work and money and love its phenomenal. I'm lucky i have a great momma like that.

dating is a crap shoot. you know you can be nice to yaself. who knows if the one you date will be. so nothing wrong with chillin solo.

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:44 pm
Well if you do I can throw some pro tips your way! I was in a similar situation I told my councilors where I was moving and wanted them to help me be ready for that state but they did squat so ended up going directly to the state to get it fixed myself. It is nice to substitute, chose your own scheduled and classroom to work for unless your a building sub and get the worst and leftovers most days. It's worth it when you go into classrooms where the kids know and are excited to see you again.
Dating is a pain. I am very old school but its not landing me any bites when I cast the rod into the sea. I do want a family but at this point if I am single for 5 more years, I'm just going to adopt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:21 pm
I have a bf atm. We have our off and on days. Been together about 8 years. Somedays we just get too much in eachothers hair tho lol  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 pm
8 years is quite a while. Almost as long as my sisters marriage. There are bound to be disagreements with couples and that is normal. What really matters from what I have learned is the communication, if it is lacking everything just falls apart.

I think I need a sweet tea this time, had to be a para today and the kid I was managing loves to pull strands of hair from the closest person, aka me today. Sweet kid, terrible habit. My scalp was still felling the after affect an hour after work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:58 am
Yep the honeymoon was over long ago lol but we still have fun most the time!

*Grabs a big cup and fills it halfway with ice, pops in a big straw, grabs the pitcher of sweet tea from the fridge and pours over the ice. Tosses in a lemon slice and sits it on a napkin in front of you.*

User Image

Holy crap that sucks about the kid pulling your hair out. I felt like my head was trying to hurt reading about it so I bet that wasn't fun. Enjoy the sweet tea! May the scalp get good rest!

edit: added later in evening... i just add on to last post if its mine so i dont double post blaugh

Hay you got first post on a multiple of 10 page yay summer and ty its been nice being able to chat in the bar again daily! you're 5k plat prize munny is on the way!!

Evenin btw! Another snowstorm kicking up. all caught up on wood and kindlin and chores. just chillin in game land!

*grabs a kava tea and pepsi and pokes at laptop*

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:59 pm
Glad I can bring some life to the bar again!

Thank you for the tea, made a cup for myself for the fun of it. You must be very north to have more snowstorms stay safe and warm! Hope everything is running smoothly on your end. I'm praying tomorrow I can work.

Today was the second first day of my last college class I will hopefully ever need to be a teacher. It already feels like a waist of time. -_- Most of the class was filled with seniors who have not student taught yet so the professor catered to their need. Wish I got a heads up and an exception to not come because everything that was important could have been sent in an email that would take 2 minutes to type. Gosh I hate waiting my time and money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:21 pm
SummerWind007
Glad I can bring some life to the bar again!

Thank you for the tea, made a cup for myself for the fun of it. You must be very north to have more snowstorms stay safe and warm! Hope everything is running smoothly on your end. I'm praying tomorrow I can work.

Today was the second first day of my last college class I will hopefully ever need to be a teacher. It already feels like a waist of time. -_- Most of the class was filled with seniors who have not student taught yet so the professor catered to their need. Wish I got a heads up and an exception to not come because everything that was important could have been sent in an email that would take 2 minutes to type. Gosh I hate waiting my time and money.

ya i'd say at least half or more of my education classes were rly mostly bloat or at least not what I'd need. catered to curriculum classes and i was a music teacher but they had a cookie cutter couple years of classes required that all teachers take anyway. i did a little bit of student teaching but not the full semesters worth more of a run up lession in a previous semester. and a few music classes teaching but that was through the music program part.  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:24 am
Rydia-Beck aka Lillea
ya i'd say at least half or more of my education classes were rly mostly bloat or at least not what I'd need. catered to curriculum classes and i was a music teacher but they had a cookie cutter couple years of classes required that all teachers take anyway. i did a little bit of student teaching but not the full semesters worth more of a run up lession in a previous semester. and a few music classes teaching but that was through the music program part.

Those cookie cutter classes are in most college majors, when I started with Aerospace engineering (before my major change) there was a general engineering class all had to take. If only I could do calculus 2 I would have stuck with it. Sometimes I do wish to have been a math major but got to know your limits.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:50 am
Ya, there's alot in high school and college that imo rly should be more streamlined to what the student is interested in persueing. If they want a more rounded education fine but for me I knew for a fact I wasn't going to use high school geometry or algebra.. or biology.. I just wasn't lol and still haven't. But then again offering more options for more specific areas of study probably woudln't be very easy to afford in public school settings.

in schooling from home and online satelite classes perhaps it would be though.

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:27 pm
I'm a think en, if 4,000 gaians are longed in most of the time especial on weekends how can we get them to join. I'm sure the main goal right now is to revamp the guild to close of it's glory days right? So in what ways can a casual person can help? *sips tea* yum_tea  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:15 pm
We were insane back in teh glory day so I have realistic expectations. I have alot of obligations irl so I dont tend to put any obligations on anyone here as I wouldn't want many on myself aside from just being friendly and talking together. I do have some threads giving gold away at certain page marks like this one and in spamalot. If we ended up with enough active ppl interested we could have meet ups perhaps in the flash games or rally. I'd love fishing to fix its chat someday. Open to ideas but again I prefer a laid back obligation free place. If you chip in great. If you get tired or its too much and you stop that's ok too. I like just talking to eachother and getting to know more about ya'll and having other gaia ppl to talk with daily. For me that's been enough. for about 10 years this place was a closed up shop pretty much so its been a pleasure having ppl to talk to here again.

The best ways to pitch in if you ever want to here and there are new threads in teh general discussion here that aren't bump or spam threads. Meaning they require replies not double posts. and the gaia guild network has our guild recruit up. Voting it up there helps and dropping a line that you like it here bumps it to the top. Altho they don't want ppl bumping those threads with spam so you'd not want to double post there. Goldilock zone there is maybe every couple someone throws a comment on her guild recruit there. I'll post it here smile Thanks so much for checking! I find there's others like us that just want to feel like they have a place to talk to a few ppl about gaia again. I find the forums outside of the guild a bit more of a big city vibe and this was more of a bustling town back in the day. atm its a small quaint village and that's fantastic too!

FG4PG Gaia Guild Network Recruit Thread  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8988 8989 8990 8991 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff