Submit

Pokemon
  Red/Blue/Yellow
  Fire Red/Leaf Green
  Gold/Silver/Crystal
  HeartGold/SoulSilver
  Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
  Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
  SPINOFF GAME! (Mystery dungeon, snap, trozei)
  Black/White *Checks internet frantically for leaked info*
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 am
User Image

So on the Nintendo Channel, there have been a series of videos featuring Pokemon fans discussing their fond memories of Gold and Silver. This got me thinking. I have tons of great Pokemon memories from all of the games. Pokemon is probably my favorite video game series ever. No matter how many times they "re-invent the wheel", I'm always very satisfied with the games that come out, and I love playing them

whee So I know I'm not the only one who loves, and has loved Pokemon through the ages, so I thought it'd be really fun for everyone to share their favorite thoughts.

Aaaaand, if you happen to be someone who HATES Pokemon for whatever reason, your opinion is certainly valid, but really unwelcome here. This thread is for people who really love these games and want to share their thoughts. whee  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 am
ive always liked the older pokemon games, gold and silver were my favorite. Mareep, Flaffy, and Ampraros were my favorites heart  

Ink Smear

3,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am
Pokemon~~~
I adored Pokemon as a kid (as did just about everyone else in my grade, but this isn't about them). I'm not too fond of the newer Pokemon (design-wise, I don't like much of generations 3 and 4), but I still have a sort of love for the series.

Of the main games, I've only played Yellow ('twas my first), Gold, and now SoulSilver ( heart ). I have Pearl, but I don't really play it >.> I'm contemplating picking it up again, but for now it's all SS.

Of the spin-offs, I loveloveloved the games on the N64 =D I remember renting and playing the the two Stadium games (Coliseum and XD can go die in a fire), and I used to play the s**t out of Pokemon Snap before it fell into the void at my babysitter's house (Does anyone remember those little kiosk things they had at like Blockbuster or whatever where you could print out your Pokemon Snap picks? Cuz I still have some of those XP). And I still play (and kick a** at) Pokemon Puzzle League~ I've also got Trozei, which I find really adorable and fun 3nodding

I could go on about the show too (because I loved the original Pokemon. Loved it. Still do actually 8D (Mr. Cow bought me the first like 26 episodes and it is awesome~)) but I think I'll leave it at that for now.

Also, Kyla, I'm at a loss as to what to pick on the poll D: Cuz I loved Gold (original's always the best), but the remakes are amazing too if only because of all the little details put in (The fountains! The rotating signs! The fact that my Vulpix can follow me around everywhere! =D)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:18 pm
@invis: I know! It's so hard to choose. I had to pick Diamond/Pearl because that's the series that started the better graphics thing. But HG&SS introduced any Pokemon following you, plus the Pokewalker, which I get a huge kick out of. And I totally remember those kiosks. I didn't have an N64 at the time, so I would beg my mom to take me to Blockbuster. It would only let you play about 5 minutes of Snap before the system would reset....I figured out how to get to the cave level as fast as I possibly could so I could beat the 5min cut off. xd

@Ink: They're some of my favorites too. I love Ampharos, and I've got one in Heart Gold on my main team. I named it Kilik. whee  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm

yeah, I've been playing since the beginning...can't keep me away from these little guys...  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 pm
I loved Gold and Silver for it had my favorite starter Typhlosion. I also throughly enjoyed the other pokemon that were in that game. I also liked the other games after, but not as much. I stopped at diamond & pearl while trying to complete the pokedex.
Then, KH365/2 days came out along with other games like Assassins Creed 2 and MW2, & i have now stopped playing pokemon and cant seem to pick it back up.  

Kire Kaysan

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm
ARCANINE.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm
blaugh I love how there are so many at this point, and it's easy for everyone to have different favorites. I'd have to say...if I had to pick right now:
1st Gen: Hitmonlee
2nd Gen: Ampharos
3rd Gen: Blaziken
4th Gen: Lucario or Gallade (really hard choice)

blaugh Aside from the first gen which contains most of my favorite Pokemon, Pearl/Diamond introduced some great new Fighting Pokemon which are my favorite. Gallade + Lucario + Infernape= WIN!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm
Hrm...

1st Gen: Charizard
2nd Gen: ...I don't think I had a favorite from the second gen... >,<
3rd Gen: Salamence
4th Gen: Garchomp  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:56 pm
1st gen: Vulpix/Ninetales
2nd gen: Cyndaquil (Shut up, he's adorable~)
3rd and 4th gen: Don't know don't care (I...really don't like the newer pokemon sweatdrop ). Um...Maybe Piplup (again, shut up, it's adorable. (Also, I've got to wonder how it took them so long to make a Penguin Pokemon))?

invisible-weirdo

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:42 pm
I'm just wondering why it's a water type instead of an ice type...  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm
Yeah, you'd expect at least one of its evolutions to be like Water/Ice or something. I just checked out Serebii and Empoleon is Water/Steel? Really? It learns like 1 steel move (3 if you count TMs and such) and like a billion ice ones. I guess it's like making Gyarados Water/Flying and not giving it any flying moves unless you can catch a Magicarp with Bounce in the Pokewalker.  

invisible-weirdo

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:13 pm
MOTHER ******** RATICATE. BEST POKEMON EVER  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm
invisible-weirdo
Yeah, you'd expect at least one of its evolutions to be like Water/Ice or something. I just checked out Serebii and Empoleon is Water/Steel? Really? It learns like 1 steel move (3 if you count TMs and such) and like a billion ice ones. I guess it's like making Gyarados Water/Flying and not giving it any flying moves unless you can catch a Magicarp with Bounce in the Pokewalker.
You can also teach Magikarp bounce via move tutor...

But yeah, pretty much giving Gyarados a flying/water type just sets him up for failure...any sort of electric attack will shut him down.

Sav: Incorrect. FEAR Rattata > Raticate  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:58 am
New starters have been announced!!!

whee Starters for the next gen include the "grass snake" the "fire pig" and the "water otter" whee I don't remember their names. But they look awesome, and the graphics for the next game look really cool. whee I hope they keep the feature that allows Pokemon to follow behind you...so far that's one of my favorite features EVER! xd If I had to pick Pokemon that follow you vs. the VS seeker.....I'd pick the follow feature.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff