4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 am
when girls are having kids younger and younger  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:15 pm
I totally agree.
I spoke to a fourteen year old boy, as part of my outreach program I work for, who has a Seven month old daughter. To which, the mother of this baby, is 13.

I don't even remember KNOWING really what sex was at that age. I had an idea but, I wasn't interested to know until I was about sixteen-seventeen.

I mean, today's "Good Night Kiss", for kids these days, is oral sex. Trust me, I have heard enough stories to get this vibe. Scares the living daylights out of me. I'm a mom, of seven year old twins, and I fear for them, everyday. D;

Hypocoristical

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000

Dark Princess Kaori

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm
I'm 23 and to me, getting old means joint pains and white hair. BTW, I just discovered my first white hair a couple of weeks ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 pm
Ugh, I agree with you, Hypocoristical... I walk around the malls and see kids younger than I am and pushing strollers. What the heck is that all about? Seriously. But really... are we all that surprised? With all the media and what not throwing sex into our faces one can only assume that this is going to be a growing trend. Sad but true.  

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

UsagiYokai

Tipsy Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm
The outcome will just be the movie "Idiocracy." I'm looking forward to eating at ******** though. e u e  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:02 pm
Continuing on the topic, today at work this mother left her child (only a few months old) in a cart and walked away while she was crying. The mother had to only be about 15 years old.

I will never understand it, why do kids think Sex is the cool thing to do? Sure, its great, but its better if you are responsible and not an idiot throwing your life away :/  

[Foofy]

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:42 pm
This thread needs more testosterone.

And on that note, kids aren't the ones we should really be looking at. Kids need more rules enforcement than "that's a no-no". Yes, I spank my kids (namely for hurting someone else or for disregarding safety rules that they know and understand). I force them to sit in one spot and do noting for long periods of time. I make them clean up their own messes. (Both figuratively and literally.) But on the flipside, I answer all their questions truthfully and as thoroughly as I can. And I am patient as they first learn, and guide them best I can.

One cannot expect to turn a human being lose in the world without an understanding of actions and consequences, and bearing responsibility, and expect to get a socially acceptable and responsible person.

We parents need to take back our kids, teach them, guide them. Whether they like it or not, and to coin an old axiom, it's for their own good. And for those that aren't interested in raising kids, we should not let them have any.

Okay, back off the soapbox now. Continue on.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:37 pm
You know you are getting old when you go to your class reunion and people are no longer showing pictures of their kids, they are now showing pictures of their grand kids...

That was me this year... uggg....  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm
You know you re getting old when someone asks you which one is youre kid when u aimlessly stare at strange kids while ure sitting on a bench in a park.You know you re getting old when you choose sleeping early to having sex.. U know you re getting old when u forget whats the name of the thread ure currently typing in..  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:31 pm
I really REALLY hate to play the devil's advocate, but it's worth noting that it has been common in many cultures throughout history for girls in particular to get married at 12-15 years old. What we really had in the 20th century was a relatively brief period where that wasn't the case, but the age when kids are popping out today would have been totally normal and acceptable a few hundred years ago in virtually every country on the planet.

The problem is that society has changed and the need for schooling and specialized trades has increased many times over, so 14-year-old mothers who could have made it just fine back in those days are now faced with a very different environment.  

Volvy

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:29 pm
You know you're getting old when a coworker mentions the biggest pop star of the last five years, and you say, "Who?" sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm
you know when you re getting old when you go to gym and fall off the stairmaster sad  

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:42 pm
You know you're getting old when you want to throttle the youth sitting infront of you on the train cos you can hear the music spilling out his ear phones.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:38 am
FireSpark
This thread needs more testosterone.

And on that note, kids aren't the ones we should really be looking at. Kids need more rules enforcement than "that's a no-no". Yes, I spank my kids (namely for hurting someone else or for disregarding safety rules that they know and understand). I force them to sit in one spot and do noting for long periods of time. I make them clean up their own messes. (Both figuratively and literally.) But on the flipside, I answer all their questions truthfully and as thoroughly as I can. And I am patient as they first learn, and guide them best I can.

One cannot expect to turn a human being lose in the world without an understanding of actions and consequences, and bearing responsibility, and expect to get a socially acceptable and responsible person.

We parents need to take back our kids, teach them, guide them. Whether they like it or not, and to coin an old axiom, it's for their own good. And for those that aren't interested in raising kids, we should not let them have any.

Okay, back off the soapbox now. Continue on.
I commend you and your parenting style! I agree that we really shouldn't be looking at children and these actions are coming from an underlining theme of parents not parenting. I'm not saying that parenting isn't hard, it is, but people need to be more involved in their child's life rather than distant. I don't want kids, so it's nothing I need to worry about. blaugh  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:17 am
purpleravenhawk
You know you're getting old when a coworker mentions the biggest pop star of the last five years, and you say, "Who?" sweatdrop

You know you are getting old when you mention to two young ladies who are playing 'eye of the tiger' on guitar hero 'I like that old song' and they turn around, give you a weird look and tell you it is not old, it is new. Then you have to 'school them' by telling them that it came out as a part of the Rocky 3 soundtrack from back in the 80s and I was kid when it came out!  
Old Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff