Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
The Market Adverts (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arren Ged rolled 20 100-sided dice: 63, 93, 40, 17, 2, 53, 83, 29, 84, 70, 93, 69, 14, 35, 71, 97, 53, 32, 1, 21 Total: 1020 (20-2000)

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm
I would like to know why when something goes on sale I get the notification, but if it is through any of the shops, I cannot get in to pay the sale price, just sends you to the shop, with the regular prices so what gives, if like the purple sofa is on sale for 550 and you have to contact the shop, you just end up paying the regular price, and it happens to me , EVERY TIME! the slae price is through a shop rather than an individual!  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:55 pm
First of all... what?
And second, are you referring to Gaia shops, or shops created by individual users?

Life Hath Immortality

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm
Do you mean the market notifications on the My Gaia page?

When you're notified that something goes up for sale, you're linked to the marketplace. You're not linked to the gold shops. And, often, the gold shops have cheaper prices than the user shops in the marketplace anyway. XD;

Like, if you were notified on a sale on the red starman neckerchief, you'd be sent to a page like this: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14145

If the item is still up for sale, you can just click one of the "buy now" buttons to buy from another user. If someone else got to the sale before you, then there'd be nothing to buy.

And you don't have to buy from the gold shops if you don't want to. Just go to the marketplace, search the name of the item and see if it's up for sale.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

The Gaia shops generally don't offer any 'sales' or discounts of any sort- with the exception of Phin Phang which will occasionally offer fish at half off.

Are you referring to the marketplace?

If you have something on your wishlist, you get notifications basically saying 'this item is available in the marketplace.' The marketplace is not the same as shops- the marketplace is where other users sell items that they have already obtained elsewhere. You can sometimes get the items at a lesser price through user markets, though pay attention to the store price because there are many users who will try to mark store items up quite a bit to cheat you out of gold and make a profit for themselves.

If it is available in the marketplace, you can go to the shops tab, click on Marketplace, and search for the item name. It will list the items by lowest buy price and will give you the store information about it also, so you'll know you are not overpaying.

"Item is on sale in the marketplace" does not mean that it is discounted in the gold shops, unfortunately.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces