Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Loosing Weight.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anchor life

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:24 pm
Ok, My best friend named Todd he is a 14 y/o boy who is 110 lbs, he is self-conscious about his weight no matter how skinny he is. Ok, well he has tried and tried but can never loose weight. Also, he is also in favor of getting a 6 pack.

Any advice on how to...

1. Loose Weight
2. Gain a 6 Pack.

A additional question by him...Does WiiFit & WiiFit Plus, Work?

Please Respond!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 am
Lose weight I would say do some cardiovascular endurance such as skipping, circuit training or play a sport that takes a lot of energy such as badminton.

To gain a 6 pack, I would recommend different variations of crunches to work the core abdominal muscles.

I've never tried WiiFit but I don't believe they'll have the same effect as proper work out exercises....

Verone Devlin

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

NkGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:34 pm
I think Wii Fit will only help you lose fat..and not gain muscle...unless it has you doing pushups or situps than that's something else.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 pm
Nakedguy01
I think Wii Fit will only help you lose fat..and not gain muscle...unless it has you doing pushups or situps than that's something else.

It does, but it gets so repetitive after you earn all the exercises and all that it's very easy to lose interest. I don't know if the Wii Fit Plus will help that, though.  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Pedromac

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 am
Have your friend try out to do Wrestling. On average, you lose about 3 pounds of sweat a day at practice, but all you do is go home and eat a little and drink a lot. By the end of the week you lost about 3 pounds in body fat.
I lost 10 pounds in a month that way mrgreen
Also have him try for track. It will help him get his legs a bit more in shape, and regardless of what you may hear, it does help with your abs, lats, and pecs.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 am
110 pounds? 14?
neutral
Your friend definitely doesn't need to lose weight.
In fact he'll want to gain (muscle) weight as he grows older.
Recommend to him sports and weight training and he'll gain bunches of healthy muscle weight.
Once puberty kicks into full gear a six pack will be more obtainable.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:41 pm
Weight Training is also recommended. Plus, keep a healthy stamina. As he gets older his stamina will slow and any muscle mass he -does- gain -will- turn to fat. And it's not just the workouts. Eating the right foods will help.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:50 am
by your "best friend named todd" im guessing you meant you. just guessing. but your weight right now is just about perfect. what you need to do is not focus on losing weight, but gaining weight from muscle. if you just exercise everyday, maybe a little more each time, youll see results. if you want abs, try situps/crunches. start with maybe 50/day (GOOD ONES) but slow down with it if they start hurting TOO much (they should hurt a little) the biggest thing to do usually is motivate yourself. remind yourself constantly what your doing this for.  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

anchor life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:03 pm
X-tailerr-X
by your "best friend named todd" im guessing you meant you. just guessing. but your weight right now is just about perfect. what you need to do is not focus on losing weight, but gaining weight from muscle. if you just exercise everyday, maybe a little more each time, youll see results. if you want abs, try situps/crunches. start with maybe 50/day (GOOD ONES) but slow down with it if they start hurting TOO much (they should hurt a little) the biggest thing to do usually is motivate yourself. remind yourself constantly what your doing this for.

This forum is kind of old, so between the time he posted this forum and you posted this, my friend gave me the account and yes I am the "Todd" he was referring to.  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games