Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
purity ring ((girls only forum))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a purity ring?
  yes
  no
  i'm getting one
  whats a purity ring?
View Results

odd j davenport

7,450 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 am
i have heard of it but never really heard any details about it. help?  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 am
I had one for the longest time. I took it off when I met my husband and gave it to him.

A purity ring is just a ring that you wear as a symbol of a promise that you've made to your future husband and God. It shows that you have promised to wait until marriage to have sex and to keep your body, mind and spirit pure.

I always wore mine on my ring finger on left hand, my wedding set took the place of it. I also some times wore it on a chain around my neck if I had to do a lot of work with my hands.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm
oh cool, i want one  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:34 pm
yeah that's a great idea... I WANT ONE TOO!!! biggrin  

Still Snoozing

Excitable Believer

oOBrightShadowsOo

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm
o:COOL!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 pm
Here's how to get one, I heard all about it from my cousin who got one.

You have to go through a church program, I think it lasts a week. You learn and become closer to God during that time. Once you have finished, you graduate from the program. They award you with the ring. My parents wanted me to go do the program, I haven't gotten the chance yet, because I haven't found a church who does it yet.  

Tigcat2

Mewling Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:43 pm
Tigcat2

You have to go through a church program, I think it lasts a week. You learn and become closer to God during that time. Once you have finished, you graduate from the program. They award you with the ring. My parents wanted me to go do the program, I haven't gotten the chance yet, because I haven't found a church who does it yet.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I don't think it's specifically has to come from a church. I'm sure your parents can give you a ring to symbolize your abstinence.

I did a "program" thing like that when was I about 12yrs old through a Church I used to go to. We just signed these little cards and then they laminated them so we could keep them in our wallets or where ever they'd be safe so we could always remember.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm
Tigcat2

I never had to go through a program to get mine. My mom ordered one for me. I think it was from Rebecca St. James' website. She was advertising them shortly after her book "Wait for me" was published.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Xx to save a life xX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm
im not sayin a purity ring is bad but why do u need a ring to say that you dont want to have sex till ur married?? i mean god gave us a mouth- so why cant we use it?? im just saying that we dont need a ring to express that. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 am
I think it's more the symbolism behind the ring. For me it was more of a constant reminder for myself of the promise I had made. A lot of people didn't even know what the ring meant unless they asked.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

pretty_face4life

Fashionable Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm
You can get purity/promise rings from a christian store, like Mardel. Some malls have Christian stores if u dont have one in ur city/town. I wanted to get one but the rly pretty ones were expensive, but i know there are cheaper ones. im probly gettin one next time i go to that store =]
---
they really are a great reminder of ur promise to stay pure til marriage! And theyre cool cuz when u wear one its like standing up for what u believe in. And i know some guys that wear them too, so they arent just for girls(if anyone thought that). lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 pm
i'm getting one maybe when i turn 16 .... purity is a great idea for the parents to give to their children ... my brother got one ..
his ring was engrave with the words "TRUE LOVES WAITS" ^_^  

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items