Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
texting madness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I have been texting like crazy lately it seems. I think Ive seen over 700 texts since Sunday and I've received just as many. It's all to the same person as well.

I am extremely thankful for a cellphone that really means unlimited with no extra charges because my bill would be SO high by the time I have to pay it if it wasn't. And I'm really thankful I have a keyboard on my phone so I can text faster that way lol.

Discuss:
Do you text a lot?
What's the most amount of texts you've sent in one month?
T9/predictive text or pushing the button so many times till you get the letter or number your after?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 pm
I'd say that I'm a mild text fiend.
I have no clue how many texts I've sent in a month. I'd guess the highest would be over a thousand.
I hated T9 because I couldn't figure it out. Then I figured it out. Now it's all I use :3  

WoodSorrelWitch

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:45 am

hahahaha how I felt about T9 as well when I first started texting, but it really is so much easier!

When I'm too lazy to use slide my phone open and use both my thumbs (typically only when I'm trying to multi-task) I use T9.

Though I will say I haven't texted nearly this much since I was 15 or so lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 am
Ah, my lovely LG VU. I don't text as much during school season. However, now that summer is going, I'll send between two and three thousand a week, mostly talking to one person. My last phone had something like 150,000+ texts on it before I switched to the Vu. Love the keyboard. T9 bugs the crap out of me, so I do it all by hand.  

rosadria

41truth

7,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am
I dont own a cellphone...Lol but if i did id do like 100 a week or so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 am
It just depends on the day, situation, time of year, etc. Some times I am texting all the time and other times I go days, weeks, even months without hardly texting at all. I have a crappy phone for texting (Samsung Juke), skinny little thing that is hard to hold, the best way for me to be able text efficently on it is to use the T9....I can't wait until my plan expires and I am able to get an upgrade because I am so going to get a phone with a key board that way on the occasion I do text a lot then that handy key board will be there.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am
Shadows-shine
It just depends on the day, situation, time of year, etc. Some times I am texting all the time and other times I go days, weeks, even months without hardly texting at all. I have a crappy phone for texting (Samsung Juke), skinny little thing that is hard to hold, the best way for me to be able text efficently on it is to use the T9....I can't wait until my plan expires and I am able to get an upgrade because I am so going to get a phone with a key board that way on the occasion I do text a lot then that handy key board will be there.

what service provider do you have? I don't like the main carriers (at&t, sprint, nextel, verizon, and so one) because you get sucked into a 2 year contract and the bill is so high for an unlimited plan.

I have a slightly local carrier called Metro PCS and everything is unlimited. And it's cheaper than every where else, also I don't travel often so it doesn't matter about coverage all over the country. the places I go are never out of my service range.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 pm
faithful quenga
Shadows-shine

what service provider do you have? I don't like the main carriers (at&t, sprint, nextel, verizon, and so one) because you get sucked into a 2 year contract and the bill is so high for an unlimited plan.

I have a slightly local carrier called Metro PCS and everything is unlimited. And it's cheaper than every where else, also I don't travel often so it doesn't matter about coverage all over the country. the places I go are never out of my service range.

I'm with verizon...and will not be continuing my contract with them after my two years is up, which it will be some time this fall. Not sure what carrier I am going to go with...

I don't have unlimited texting, I only have I think 2000 texts a month...that's shared between my husband and me. Luckily neither of us text that much, except on those rare occasions.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I am allowed to text freely now because my dad finally put a 200 text plan on our phone after my mom shot the bill up with all of her texts. XD I've only texted a few times though. I just don't care for it that much especially with the stupid 'keep pressing until the letter you want comes up' type. :/ When I have texted, it takes me forever to do it, probably because I like to make sure I have good grammar and spelling in my texts while everyone else just does text speak with no period, commas, or anything else. Also I see you are talking about carriers, we have Verizon and I love it. I find them very good and reliable and they're the only carrier my dad really trusts anyway.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:43 pm
Don't get me wrong, I like Verizon too. They are very reliable and I get service almost any where I go when I travel, I just can't really afford the bill any more, especially for how much I don't use my phone. So that's why I am thinking about a different carrier.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

some of the main reasons I can't have a major cell phone carrier is:

1 - I can't pass the credit check so the deposit is through the roof!
2 - I can't keep a cell phone alive for 2 years no matter what! lol
3 - The bill is so high! I pay 50$ a month for a completely unlimited phone (text, calls, web, downloading, etc.)

Though I love some of the phones Sprint has come out with this year and is coming out with. my sister has them and her "unlimited" plan is 75$

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 am
Yeah that down deposit is a killer, which is why I don't think I will be going with a mainline cell plan (Verizon, Sprint, etc). Not sure what I want to do...I was thinking a prepaid plan...but can't do that because the cell phone is my husband's and my main phone and my husband uses his for work all the time....So prepaid would be way too expensive.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:40 am
haha, i text so much that sometimes i have bruises on my fingers surprised no joke. my last bill said i had 7561 texts that month xD not as bad as usual tho. =D  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:05 am
Shadows-shine
Yeah that down deposit is a killer, which is why I don't think I will be going with a mainline cell plan (Verizon, Sprint, etc). Not sure what I want to do...I was thinking a prepaid plan...but can't do that because the cell phone is my husband's and my main phone and my husband uses his for work all the time....So prepaid would be way too expensive.

Do you have a wal-mart close by? If you do they have a service called "straight talk" and with a 45$ card you get unlimited calls, text, and web. I've heard that was a good one.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm
faithful quenga
Shadows-shine

Do you have a wal-mart close by? If you do they have a service called "straight talk" and with a 45$ card you get unlimited calls, text, and web. I've heard that was a good one.

Heck yes I have a Wal-Mart near by. 3nodding

And that was the plan that my husband and I are looking into getting. He noticed it while he was at work and told me about it...so we are definitely considering it considering the $45 a month for unlimited every thing is a darn good deal!  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games