Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Rapture Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I'm just wondering what everyone's opinions are on this; when do you think the rapture will happen? Pre-Tribulation, Mid-Tribulation, or Post-Tribulation?
Extra thoughts: Also what do you think will happen exactly? I have heard different ideas; we will just disappear completely,or maybe we will disappear with our clothes being left nicely folded on the ground. Also what do you think you may be doing, or where you might be, or where you hope to be or hope to be doing?

Disclaimer: This is not a debate thread and I want it to stay that way. Anyone not believing in the rapture, please do not post since this is for rapture believers. ^_^ And I am not discriminating against you. (Shadows-Shine's post is an exception to this rule.)

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 pm

I believe in the Pre-Tribulation.
Also with the idea if clothes will be left behind I think back to Elijah and Enoch, their clothes weren't found so yea... And really I don't care at all where I am, well actually I do care if I'm driving if it happens. I don't want my empty car to be the cause of someones death. : (

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I think it will happen pre-trib... And I kind of have this thought that since we don't need our earthly bodies wouldn't they be left behind? I'd like to be home in my sleep or at anyplace that my disappearance would cause anyone harm.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:37 pm
faithful quenga
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

And I kind of have this thought that since we don't need our earthly bodies wouldn't they be left behind?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

I was thinking that too, but then what about Elijah and Enoch? That is what confuses me a bit about that. Also, having a million people just drop down dead will probably be a lot scarier than if we just simply disappear. Some how I think God will spare the Earth from something that drastic, but I could be wrong.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm
Back when I was Protestant and I believed in the doctrine of the Rapture, I always believed it would happen post-trib, because of all the bible references to the saints having to endure to the end and being protected with the seal that Christ gave them (I don't remember specific verses off the top of my head). Even though, I don't believe in the rapture now, because, as I have made it known, I don't believe it's doctrine, I still have the view that the Saints will be on earth through the tribulation, especially since the millenial reign of Christ comes after the tribulation which is His second coming.

Just a note though...out of respect for Br1tanna and her thread. If you wish to know my position further on this, send your comments via PM or we can discuss it further in the other Rapture thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:31 pm
Given the fact that Revelation doesn't go in cronological order there isn't a deffinate answer. I don't really care if it's pre mid or post since we winin the end. I hope we'll have our clothes with us. I don't want to be standing in line to be judged naked.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm
gothic_black_rose
Given the fact that Revelation doesn't go in chronological order there isn't a deffinate answer. I don't really care if it's pre mid or post since we winin the end. I hope we'll have our clothes with us. I don't want to be standing in line to be judged naked.

Well I know that there is no definite answer, but that is why I'm asking for opinions not sure answers. ^_^ And I know it doesn't matter, but when it happens but it's just a interesting thing to discuss. ^_^ On clothes, I kinda figured when we are raptured, we get new bodies and with the new bodies come new clothes...We get new bodies in the rapture right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:36 pm
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose
Given the fact that Revelation doesn't go in chronological order there isn't a deffinate answer. I don't really care if it's pre mid or post since we winin the end. I hope we'll have our clothes with us. I don't want to be standing in line to be judged naked.

Well I know that there is no definite answer, but that is why I'm asking for opinions not sure answers. ^_^ And I know it doesn't matter, but when it happens but it's just a interesting thing to discuss. ^_^ On clothes, I kinda figured when we are raptured, we get new bodies and with the new bodies come new clothes...We get new bodies in the rapture right?

Yes there is scripture to support that and it says they will be perfect. gonk I don't want a new body because I want to keep my awesome scar. It changes colors.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:46 am
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

Yes there is scripture to support that and it says they will be perfect. gonk I don't want a new body because I want to keep my awesome scar. It changes colors.

Maybe you'll get an even better scar. (and that actually sounds gross. I wouldn't want a scar changing colors. XD )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:54 pm
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

Maybe you'll get an even better scar. (and that actually sounds gross. I wouldn't want a scar changing colors. XD )

It actually helps me know if my ankle is cold and to take it easy for when it's cold my chances of retearing my achilles tendon increase. I would mind having the chances of retaering it goen when getting a new body but i still want my scar.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

WhitersNote

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 am
The bible says that god comes like a thief in the night, if you knew he was coming, you would have been prepared. What that is saying to me is that we are not supposed to know, there is no way fro us to know because people would only try and live right a certain time before he comes, which is unfair. You're supposed to live as much as your life as possible dedicated to Christ, not only a few years of days before he returns because you want to go to heaven. xD I also think it occurs pre-tribulation.
But you could also read the "Left behind." series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It's an awesome series that takes stuff from revelation and applies it to a story. They also have "Left Behind, the kids." for younger reader. (I'm not sure on he name for the kids series, but I think that's it.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am
Can anyone give me a scriptual backing of a rapture?  

Azkeel

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm
Azkeel

Well I would think pre-tribulation but God is the only one that will know when hes coming and my church has this thing where we have the rapture count down by clues like all one money and stuff. And as for the verses I can't name any of the top of my head but try reading revelation it's that last book in the bible, it's mostly about the rapture and tribulation times. hope I helped  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 pm
mooey96999
Azkeel

Well I would think pre-tribulation but God is the only one that will know when hes coming and my church has this thing where we have the rapture count down by clues like all one money and stuff. And as for the verses I can't name any of the top of my head but try reading revelation it's that last book in the bible, it's mostly about the rapture and tribulation times. hope I helped
I've read revalation many times. I even used to listen to the whole thing on CD when I drove home from work. If there was a rapture I'm thinking it would be a post tribulations. How would the word be spread to the unbeliver during those times.  

Azkeel

Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff