Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Those anime series that suck and those who are good(Updated) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like US anime-like cartoons?
  Yeah.I guess they are ok.
  I don't get it..dumb meh!
  No way!! It sucks!!
View Results
K` the warrior rolled 16 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1 Total: 30 (16-64)

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:14 pm
First of all I don't have anything agaisnt the US but I really those cartoons who want to look like anime but they are not! Some are good,though.These are the first two I could think of.Anyone else know others?
Winks Club sad I think it's spelled like that) Ugh!! First of all,I hate fairies.This is more like Barbie in Fairitopia but made into a cartoon.The power of girls who have cool powers and have to save the world from evil witches.I saw it once and I hated it.US should stick with US style cartoons instead of messing with anime.Wannabe serie

Teen Titans:Well,this one is more than obvious.The way they have that drop on the forehead and the faces and how they shrink all anime-like.But still,it's a good series.Cool story,cool charas.It is true it wants to look like anime so badly but because of the storyline and all that stuff,it's ok.

As suggested by a friend,this is also a post to rant about those lame cartoons,any kind.And also those who are good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:34 pm
I don't really want to cause this big argument but there is no such thing as "wanna-be anime." In reality, anime simply mean animation. Now a days, it has been taken to be known as "Japanese Animation." :/ Which is some what a lie since Korea ends up doing alot of the animation.

As for the Winx Club, its not aimed at your audience. And it is not American. It was animated in Italy. So it's an Italian anime.

Teen Titans: Does it really matter on how it is animated? Yes, alot of stuff is over-used but the story is still pretty good. And since it is from DC comics would you really wants the kids looking like Superman or Batman?

And before someone brings up Totally Spies, it is for girls and animated by the French.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Dorrynt Arguto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:06 pm
While we're at it, I have to bring up Martin Mystery, which is another one of these types of shows.

It could use a plotline that lasts more than one episode, but other than that, it's a neat little show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:58 pm
some are ok is bobobobobobobobobo one it sucks i hate it  

SaKuRa_KaGoMe_HiToMi

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:36 pm
SaKuRa_KaGoMe_HiToMi
some are ok is bobobobobobobobobo one it sucks i hate it

Its not American, it is Japanese.  
K` the warrior generated a random number between 76 and 87 ... 79!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 pm
I was gonna say at first Manga-like shows but it's the same kind of argument as anime.Well,all got the idea.And well,I do like Martin Mystery cuz it kinda makes me laught for a while but the graphics could do better.It's one of those series you can spend 5 min. watching while your friend arrives.  

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

Endless News

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:40 pm
You know what I hate?How they change the names of the original anime when they arrive into US.For example,one if the few I've seen in English,Japanese and Spanish is DIgimon. I mentioned Japanese cuz the original names are there,US cuz here they change them and Spanish cuz here they remain with the original names. Ty,Matt and T.K are some examples.In Latin America they go back to their original names: Taichi,Yamato and Takeru.And they even keep the original music,in japanese and such.It sounds better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:11 pm
The reason for name changes in America is so children can say the names since the shows are aimed at them. Same reason for spelling changes and music changes. Make it kiddie because they're aimming for children and parental accpetance. Best way to make profit too since the kids can buy the toys and other merchandise.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Yeah,I knew that changing names thingy.I must admit that it's a good idea cuz soem kids can't say Takeru but can say T.K.Yet I agree!Why change names?I know it's a completely different situation but if my name is Hipopotamus,not because I move to the US my name should be changed to Hippie or something like that.Keep the names,for Christ sake!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:15 pm
If someone couldn't say your named you'd end up with a nick name or keep hearing it said wrong. That simple. But, if its not aimed at kids, I think the original names should be kept.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Jak Hibiki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:29 am
Ugh...one anime show comes to my mind.One that I hate!! That with Oliver Atom.Don't remember the name but it's the soccer anime.that old one.Damn I hate soccer and not only that,they gave me a 100 reasons more to hate it.Like when they were about to score,you'd see the ball,then the one trying to stop the score,then Oliver,then the teammates,then the ball again,then the public,then the ball again,then Olive sweating,then the ball approaching the place,then the score and time remaining,then the guy flying tostop the score,then the ball,then Oliver's knee,then the teammates again..you get the point now...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 pm
Goddess Ace
I don't really want to cause this big argument but there is no such thing as "wanna-be anime." In reality, anime simply mean animation. Now a days, it has been taken to be known as "Japanese Animation." :/ Which is some what a lie since Korea ends up doing alot of the animation.

As for the Winx Club, its not aimed at your audience. And it is not American. It was animated in Italy. So it's an Italian anime.

Teen Titans: Does it really matter on how it is animated? Yes, alot of stuff is over-used but the story is still pretty good. And since it is from DC comics would you really wants the kids looking like Superman or Batman?

And before someone brings up Totally Spies, it is for girls and animated by the French.

QFR.  

The Almighty Bush

K` the warrior generated a random number between 645 and 647 ... 646!

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 pm
Yeah I hated them too.I watched them in Spanish that soccer anime series.I know the title in spanish,though.Man,every damn kind in the block praised that show! Oh and by the way,I do like Teen Titans.Well Im just posting at random to make money xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 pm
Think a lot of people agree with me when I say that bo-bo-bo bo-bo-bo-bo is one of the worst shows in the history if anime scream  

Arc Rayfear

K` the warrior

Omnipresent Krampus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:45 pm
never heard of that anime confused  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games