Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Are We not Gods? [FINISHED] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 pm
who : Rindou & Aren
where : Near the Museum
when : slight after Noon, perhaps about 12:15 PM
weather : Fair, but slightly windy

He was tired of being kept inside, that much Rindou knew. He loved to feel the ground beneath his feet before the pressure and sensations suddenly vanished. He loved to feel the air whirl above him before it started to swirl around him, his hands able to touch nothing but what he considered to be the sky. The blindfold he wore over his eyes prevented him from experiencing the whole of his world, the real sights and sounds of his miniature flights, yet such things didn't matter to the young Dust. He loved what he could touch and taste, what he could smell and hear. The outdoors belonged to Rindou, and Rindou very much belonged to it.

He'd wandered away from the museum, towards the park that he knew to be a few blocks away. He liked being in the trees, being in the grass. People were always there laughing and talking so he liked the sounds too, but mostly he liked how he could float and soar. Ever since mastering control over his own weight the youth's feet never seemed to come down to Earth, his head always in the clouds. Today was no different as he floated over a small patch of land, several sticks and rocks spinning about his frame like planets orbiting a heavenly body. He was likely unaware that people were watching, some amazed and others terrified, since his focus was keeping the objects around him going. Jarett had mentioned something about 'practice making perfect' so the Dust wanted just that!

Perfection!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 pm
The mature dust walked among the humans, his feathery hair softly caressing his face as the wind blew gently. It was a busy day in the streets of the bustling city of the humans. Being so used to keeping himself concealed he blended into the crowds effortlessly, still careful not to let any attention on to him. Aren's intuition told him to head in this direction, towards a small row of buildings that was close to a few parks. This special sense of his also told him that there was a small amount of power lingering in that area. He walked faster, evading the humans who were heading the opposite way, hopefully this dust wouldn't do anything rash.

He spoke too soon.

He arrived at a small park that was surrounded with different shades of trees and foliage. Amid all this greenery and people was a small young dust, who for some reason, had various objects spinning around him. Aren knew he had to act fast. With fast light steps he positioned himself beside the young dust, careful not to startle him as he draped his long brown cape over him. He looked around, the humans looked horrified and were whispering amongst each other. Aren was thankful that the goddess Aevah had given him powers for occassions like this.

He brought a finger to his pale blue lips, muttered a few words and a faint blue glow appeared on the tips of his fingers. He then proceeded to nudge the child away to the right with him, as the humans were left confused and dazed.

He held the shoulder of the child gently, "Don't worry, i'm here to help you, young one." he said reassuringly.

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am
Rindou hadn't been aware that he was gathering a crowd, nor would he have cared if he did know anyway. His sense of awareness was only on keeping everything floating around him and not knocking into the side of his head or any other part of his torso (he has his fair share of bruises from not paying attention).

His attention was greatly interrupted when he felt something touch him, a hand and not a rock or stick, and a strange voice drifted into his ears. The voice wasn't really talking to him, just murmuring something, and the feel of some strange object against his skin nearly startled him from where he floated. Rindou would have jumped and tried to run away if it weren't for the fact he was being lead somewhere, and before he could talk that same voice now addressed him in words he could understand.

"HELP ME HOW? WHO ARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?"

His voice wasn't exactly at the level of shout it normally would have been, but it certainly was loud. There was an air about the Gravity dust that just proclaimed 'uneasy' and almost as if in response to how he felt several objects nearby started to wobble where they sat. Rindou probably didn't know he was moving them, his grasp of his power something he didn't fathom just yet. Whenever he was scared his powers always seemed to soar around him, and this time was no different. . .except he was still blindfolded.

The blindfold was acting as a power limiter, his terrified strength probably less than a third of what it normally was if his eyes were uncovered. Still he was doing quite well in moving things, his practice actually helping this along, and a nearby trashcan gave a metallic whine before it rose from the ground and into the air.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm
Aren was so preoccupied with leading the young one into a more secluded area, he did not realize that a few objects were still floating in the air. He was alerted of this fact when one sharp edged rock collided with his hip. He cringed as he looked around the surrounding area of the child, even more objects were starting to move. He was about to say something until the young one spoke, his voice louder than Aren had expected it to be. He gave the child a gentle smile even though he knew that the dust wouldn't see it.

"My name is Aren, i'm here to help you." It was evident that this dust was confused and oblivious to his talents. This child being uneasy meant that his newborn powers would become unstable and could potentially get out of control since he still had to learn how to control it. The state of this child and his powers was a fragile one. Aren had to make the dust relax.

He pushed the child gently into a small area in between the buildings, at least there it would be easier to talk to him. Aren knelt down on his knees and placed his hand on the boy's shoulder. "I'm not going to hurt you" he sighed, the child seemed even more uneasy as one object nearby started to collide with the wall. "Can you relax for me? What is your name?"

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm
Rindou wanted to shudder under the hands that were constantly touching him, that strange voice that kept talking to him like they were old friends. Was this the kidnapping like thing that Jarett had spoken about? Was this all really Rindou's fault because he wanted to wander off? The Dust didn't want to think that way but it seemed to be clearer if he actually believed it to be so, and inside a feel of fear welled itself in the pit of his stomach.

What was it that he could do in this situation? The strange and familiar voice was telling him to calm down, that he needed to relax, but with the hands-!

"YOU KEEP TOUCHING ME, I DON'T LIKE THAT. EVEN IF YOU FEEL SO COMFORTABLE AND FAMILIAR TO ME, I DON'T WANT YOU TOUCHING ME."

Rindou at least managed to say something, though the objects around him stayed in the air. His nerves were not gone yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm
The older dust was surprised and immediately took his arms away from the young child. He wrinkled his brows, still kneeling he moved a bit further from the boy.

"There, i'll step away" he said quietly, his voice gentle. He waited in this position and stared intently at the boy, noting the blindfold that covered his eyes. He kneeled there silently, ignoring the things that were floating in the air and hitting him lightly (and not so lightly) in many places. Maybe this child needed more time to calm down by himself, since Aren's way seemed to not be working very well.

Aren was very, very concerned with this one. He seemed to be more restless and uneasy than the rest and this didn't fit well with the boy's powers, it was very dangerous. The mature dust buried part of his face in his arms, not letting his gray eyes waver from the child.

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:20 pm
The hands were no longer touching him and the feeling of a person next to him was all but gone, and Rindou let out soft sigh that indicated he was indeed calming down. His sense of hearing allowed him to know that his odd companion hadn't left, just backed off, but even that little bit was enough for the Dustling to feel a bit more at ease. He hadn't liked being touched, which was pretty odd. He loved the feel of Jarett's hands when the man hugged him or patted his head, so why had a stranger's felt so...cold? So wrong? He'd have to think on that more.

"THANK YOU THEN."

As soon as the words escaped his lips the rocks and sticks and whatever else that had been in orbit dropped down to the ground, the other objects that had been threatening to rise into the air stopping in their movements. Some of what was going on it appeared he did have control over, though most of it was likely subconscious. Rindou still had to touch whatever he wanted to make light or heavy, mostly because he couldn't see it to focus on it.

"YOU SHOULD ALWAYS START BY TELLING SOMEONE WHO YOU ARE WHEN YOU WANT TO TOUCH ON THEM. JARETT SAYS THAT'S BASIC GOOD MANNERS."

That wasn't exactly what the man had said, or how he said it, but at least Rindou remembered the point of it. It was to prevent him from touching others without their permission at the very least.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 pm
He was a bit startled when the objects fell, some met the ground with a loud crash and others banged into each other, making lots of noise. The young adult was glad to see this dust finally calming down a little more. When the young one spoke Aren smiled softly, he must have not heard him the first time. But it was to be expected, the child was being taken by a stranger into an unknown place suddenly. He had all the right to feel scared.

"I'm very sorry for my poor manners. My name is Aren." he paused, "May I ask your name?" the man the other mentioned must be his guardian. Aren had noted that he had to meet this Jarett and scold him for leaving this child all alone, he could have not been here and all the humans would see this young child and hurt him! Well, it was more possible for the dust to hurt other people but that wasn't the point. He was just a child.

"What are you doing here all alone?" the dust said, his voice filled with honest concern.

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 pm
"YOU ALREADY SAID YOUR NAME, I WAS JUST SAYING THAT YOU'D ALREADY TOUCHED ME BEFORE YOU SAID YOUR NAME THAT FIRST TIME. MY HEARING IS REALLY GOOD."

Rindou crossed his arms a little and levitated himself into the air, his toes about an inch from the ground. Floating in the air was so much more comfy than anything else, just as he'd thought before. Standing on the ground where the gravity could hold him down and make him heavy wasn't much fun, he didn't understand why everyone else didn't just float into the air either. Were they unable to do so?

"MY NAME IS RINDOU. JARETT NAMED ME RINDOU BECAUSE IT MEANS BELLFLOWER."

There was a bright smile on the little Dust's face as he thought about the time he'd asked the meaning of his name, Jarett's response having been quite pleasing. It only served to strengthen the bond between the two, even if Rindou was a little bored staying inside the museum all day.

"I WAS OUTSIDE BECAUSE JARETT IS INSIDE AT WORK. I DON'T LIKE BEING INSIDE THE BUILDINGS FOR TOO LONG BECAUSE IT'S NOT A LOT OF FUN IN THERE. OUTSIDE I CAN DO FUN THINGS. WHY ARE YOU OUTSIDE ALONE?"

Talking was so easy for the Dustling now that he felt safer. The knot in his stomach was going away thanks to Aren's voice and the feeling he was still getting from the unknown man. Both were very pleasant, and he held his hand out now towards the other person.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:15 am
"Forgive me once again, I seem to have forgotten my manners" Aren chuckled, covering his mouth with his crossed arms. The child slowly raised himself from the ground, demonstrating a small grasp of control of his powers which Aren was glad about.

"Rindou? That's a very nice name," the older dust reciprocated the sudden bright smile that appeared on the others face. Aren was sensitive when it came to emotions and shifts in the atmosphere but he did not need that to see that the child really liked his guardian. Of course, the goddess would never choose someone who wasn't capable and had a tainted heart but it was still a comforting feeling to see a glimpse of the relationship that a dust has with his human. Aren was a bit envious.

"It's nice to be outside, right?" the air was fresh and smelled like a fresh sea breeze, "Alone?" yes, he was alone, "I have to do important things so that is why i'm alone." for some reason he felt troubled by his words. His duty was to the goddess Aevah, to do anything and everything for the good of humanity and the dust race. It was a heavy burden to bear.

Aren was brought back to reality when Rindou started to extend his hand towards him. Because of the previous experience he had with the child he should have felt wary of touching him once again. But as soon as Aren saw this child's hand he gave his own and touched the small one against his bigger ones.

"Being outside is fun, yes. There are many exciting things outside. But Rindou, you have to be careful." he left it at that, the child didn't have to know about the evils that lurked in this world so soon. In time.

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:50 am
Rindou's fingers twitched for a moment as Aren's hand reached and touched his though he didn't pull back, instead letting the contact stay. His stomach was feeling better, his nerves were going away, and he was now really curious as to know why this Aren person made him feel (almost) as comfortable as when he was with Jarett. It would be just easy enough to ask the older man the whole reason behind it but Rindou probably wouldn't be satisfied with such an easy method of answer.

"IF YOU'RE FEELING LONELY RIGHT NOW YOU CAN PLAY WITH ME. I HAVEN'T SEEN SEAGULL OR SLUSH IN A WHILE AND JARETT CAN'T PLAY WITH ME AS MUCH BEFORE. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU'RE TOO BUSY WHICH I CAN UNDERSTAND."

His hand didn't retract nor did he shift around, instead simply just standing there waiting to see what this person would say. If they agreed to play with him then Rindou would be delighted, perhaps Aren could should Rindou something really cool, but if the man said no then he'd likely go back to the park or inside the museum for the rest of the day. If he had his choice he really wanted to play and hopefully this person could tell. After all, he Rindou was being touched or so be his presence then shouldn't the opposite also be in effect?

"ALSO, WHY SHOULD I BE CAREFUL OUTSIDE? JARETT SAYS THAT I'M TOO LOUD AND ANNOYING FOR ANYONE TO ACTUALLY WANT TO TAKE ME AWAY WITH THEM."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm
He wasn't lonely, that was what he told himself. Though Aren possessed vast knowledge of the world and all its living things-- he was horrible about matters of his emotions. Not that he would every admit it out loud.

"I'd be happy to play with you." Aren said, through this he could better monitor the child's powers, keep him away from crowds and perhaps teach him a little bit about controlling his powers. Plus Rindou was too adorable to refuse.

The older man stood up, dusting away the dirt on his knees with his free hand as the other was still resting on Rindou's hand. He chuckled as the boy spoke, true, the boys way of speaking was a bit unconventional but for him, he was far from annoying. "I know you're not afraid to go outside alone but sometimes you have to be careful because some bad things might be there," Aren paused, he really did not want to delve any more into this supposed dangers he was talking about, young Rindou wouldn't understand it at his present age. And he did not want to burden the child.

Aren pointed to the direction of the sea, the waters looked calm and peaceful as the waves crashed down the jagged rocks. Various kinds of birds were flocking to the place near the docks, their different colors mixing, making it look like a moving painting, no doubt looking for an afternoon snack. "You want to go near the sea? There are many birds there," he smiled, looking back at the child, "And i'll show you something amazing."

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 pm
"SHOW ME SOMETHING HOW? I CAN'T SEE, EVERYTHING OUT THERE IS SCARY. NOT WHAT'S IN THE WORLD OF COURSE, BUT WHAT EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE."

Rindou didn't like mentioning that he was terrified of colors, mostly because he didn't want anyone laughing at him and it was something that he and Jarett had promised not to talk about every again after those first few incidents. The blindfold was never to be taken off his face and Rindou was allowed to forcefully get away from those who tried to remove it. The young Dustling wasn't sure what he'd do if this friendly Aren tried to remove it, but he knew nothing would work well. Despite being so curious as to what his friends looked like, Rindou was content to stay in the dark.

"I WILL GO WITH YOU THOUGH, UNTIL IT GETS DARK OUTSIDE. WE WON'T BE LONELY IF WE'RE TOGETHER AND I'LL EVEN HOLD YOUR HAND."

Rindou moved so that his fingers were interlocked with Aren's even if the man didn't move to hold his hand back. Aren's hands still weren't as nice as Jarett's, but that was because they were new and a little cold. There was a bit of sadness in this touch, and Rindou's face mirrored to soft sadness.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 pm
"Well, you will feel it. I'm sure" Aren looked at the child as he spoke, "And some things do look beautiful."

The older dust was curious about this blindfold that was wrapped around this dustling's face, wondering how the child would fare with this when he grew up. But he left it at that, not wanting to force Rindou into anything. Because if the young one was comfortable with this, so be it.

Aren's face warmed at Rindou's words, he tightened his grip gently on the other boy's hand, "I'd be happy to have your company, then." With these entwined hands he slowly moved forward, waiting for the boys response, "Shall we go?" that was when he noticed a slight tinge of sadness in the Rindou's face. He paused, what was wrong with Rindou? A genuine look of concern swept Aren's face but he didn't say anything just yet, he just waited if the other would follow.

bpyan
Vice Captain

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm
"LET'S GO. I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN SHOW ME THAT I CAN SEE WITHOUT SEEING."

That sounded silly and made Rindou a little confused to say it, but none the less he squeezed Aren's hand and started walking beside him. He even hummed a very out of tune little song as they moved along, super cheerful despite having been looking so sad only moments before.

"SO WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE ME AFTER ALL? YOU SAID THE SEA, I THINK I'VE BEEN THERE ONCE BEFORE. I LIKED IT."

Rindou remembered the ocean, or at least the smells and like of them. He liked the sounds he could remember too, but not so much the taste of the salty water.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff