Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Remembrance (Aren & Hymn) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm
Remembrance

Characters: Aren & Hymn
Setting: Siren's Shore

The sun slowly set into the calm waters, the blue sky tinged with dark orange and shades of violet. The usually bustling city of Aimes that rested on these shores seemed deserted and quiet. In this tranquil scene a young man walked on the soft sand, skillfully avoiding the jagged rocks that peered out of the land. After a few seconds he suddenly stopped for a moment and faced the sea. He felt a cool breeze welcome him, knocking his brown hood of his head revealing his pale blue complexion and his light blue feathery hair. Aren's hair and the feathers danced in the wind as this happened, as if excited to see the sea for the first time. He smiled. Even amid all this conflict and war there are moments that he could feel at peace.

He decided to sit down on a group of flat rocks, breathing the fresh salty air and taking in the sounds of the crashing waves on the shore as he did this. His current duty could wait, right? It's not as if the goddess Aevah had told him to hurry. Surely a couple of minutes of rest won't hinder the plans of the goddess.

Aren allowed himself to close his eyes and just relax. Not one soul was around at the docks at this time, the humans would always use this time to settle into their homes after a busy day of work.

He could be alone for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Bare feet buried themselves in the warm evening sand while the dust they belonged to rested, leaning back on a pair of hands, as his eyes watched the sun kiss the dusk horizon. It had been only days since another journey at the beach had ended and his powers had slipped back under his control. However, the exhaustion that crept up on him was not to be kept away by pure resistance.

With a sigh he let his hands slip, and his head crash into a pile of sand. With amber eyes the dust eyes the sky with morbid curiosity, he felt no interest in wanting to fly among the clouds like he had only yearned to do months previous. Sighing he turned and brushed off any thoughts of the past before he sighted a figure on the docks.

The dust didn't often venture to where other people could find him, and with the city of Aimes long exhausted of their work- much of Siren's shore had laid uninhabited. With the whistling breeze blowing softly through his ear he turned and faced the towering pillar of rocks of the shores edge. It was rumored that the rocks created the music by a gust of wind blowing through the crevices and holes they created.

Hymn had long accepted this fact, however his thoughts lied elsewhere. Normally he would lay and be enchanted by the wind but his eyes had drifted slowly to the figure on the docks. It looked vaguely familiar from this distance. Squinting his eyes he froze for a moment before a gasp escaped his lips.

Starting in a run be darted across the grains of sand, almost like he was walking on air, to catch the other in a hug. "Aren!"he shouted, his amber eyes wide with amazement. He was sure the other wouldn't recognize him, but that wouldn't matter- he hadn't seen his friend since his memory could recall.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 pm
He watched the sun slowly submerge, the sky getting grayer as the moments passed by. The sand was soft against his skin as the tiny grains gently rested around his legs. He felt a sudden chill in the air as he instinctively held the brown cloth against his chest. Night was approaching very fast and he had to get moving.. But suddenly his ears perked up. He could hear light footsteps, a quiet sound you wouldn't normally hear but Aren had heard it well. Was it a human? No, a human would be much noisier. An animal perhaps? Was he found out?

"Aren!"

A pair of arms engulfed him in a hug. Aren was startled at this sudden weight embracing him, as he had no idea who this person was. He seemed to know his name so it couldn't be an outsider to the dusts, right? Gently pushing this person away from him he gazed at the other's face.

It was unmistakable! It was like looking at an old childhood picture when feelings of happiness, nostalgia and sad goodbyes rushed into his heart all at once.

"Hymn." it was very nice to say that name aloud, it really was.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm
The moments embrace had been secured by a whistle from the wind and with a smile stretched over his face the dust couldn't help but laugh a little. The grown dust in front of him looked like a foreign object but the feelings they had shared together swelled in his heart. It felt like a balloon, ready to pop any second. Smiling and nodding his head he took the others hands and held them.

Aren's palms were warm in his own, the others body began to feel familiar, his touch, his smell- nothing about the dust had changed beyond recognition. Taking a seat next to his old friend he latched on to the other's arm and held his body close. Aren radiated with heat, like a small furnace, and the touch of warmth did justice on the shivering siren.

"I'm guessing your time is short with us?"he wearily asked. The other dusts presence couldn't have been purely coincidence. Hymn had guessed that by the off-guard look he had received just before clamoring into the other. The dust knew the answer wouldn't do him any good, he already knew the answer to it.

Feeling the breeze whistle through his ears brought back a rush of nostalgia. Their time together had been long lived- and yet it felt like they hadn't ever set eyes on one another before."It's a relief to see someone, especially after Sojo left." he state bitterly, his tone was honest and yet insecure. The dust felt no reason to safe-guard his feelings in anyone anymore, just his thoughts.

He was hurt anytime he ever had before than."Don't leave Aren, don't leave me like everyone else." he pleaded. Hymn hadn't ever acted out of manner, but with Aren- the first true friend he had- he felt that such was warranted.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm
The air grew strangely warmer around Aren as he saw the young dust, his smile not wavering. Once again the older dust was caught off guard as he felt his own hands inside cold ones. Hymn rested beside him, holding him close. The other dust's body was so cold, he couldn't turn him away, instead he sat there still, allowing Hymn to be close to him. Aren couldn't help but feel a bit flustered at the other's actions.

When the other spoke, Aren's voice caught in his throat, he nodded in reply, his eyes looking down at the sand as the water had slightly kissed the edge of his boots.

"Sojo..." Aren whispered, it was a name Aevah had only rarely mentioned but when she had talked about him he could sense nervousness in her voice and he could feel a sense of wistfulness. Such as the case with the man beside him, he also had a strong feeling when it came to Sojo, except his was filled with a strong sense of bitterness and maybe, sadness.

When Hymn suddenly spoke with such pleading in his voice Aren could feel his heart cringe. He hated seeing his fellow dusts, especially Hymn who he had known when he was but a young teenager, this way. His hands tightened, his thumb running in the palm of the younger one. He closed his eyes, "I'm not going to leave anyone. I will protect you all and lead you all. I promise." He dearly wished it was that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 am
Hymn's eyes softened with the statement, his own voice refusing to sound. For a moment the silence and air between them grew heavy, and the weight of it nearly tore Hymn into pieces. However, he took a breath and only nodded his head. "Aren, I don't want you to lead us, I want you to be here, with me, with us." he stated it with honesty and force, so the other might hopefully catch the sincerity behind the statement.

Looking up at the other Hymn ignored the tears forming on the edges of his eyes and only nodded. There was nothing much to be said between the two. Withdrawing from his pocket an old picture he showed it to Aren, "Remember this, it's us with Sojo and Aevah?" He looked at the picture with nostalgia and only nodded his head. "It feels so foreign to think about the past."

Touching the edge of the picture he smiled, "Did you ever think anything of our friendship back than?"His question was sincere but came without much thought. Sighing he hoped he had not offended the other with the statement.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 pm
The sounds of the waves crashing and breeze whistling mixed together in a noisy tune, filling the gap between the silence of the two dusts who were sitting. When Hymn spoke Aren was surprised, more surprised than he had been in quite some time. Hymn was asking him to stay?

It was tempting just to lay in the soft bed of sand, being softly held by the warm sea water, letting the night time cover him in her dark blanket and with the company of an old friend. But he felt a tinge of anger in this sadness that he felt. There were more important things in this world than his own happiness and peace of mind. Aevah had told him before that he was to do everything to ensure her plan goes well, even if it mean him perishing in the process.

He was to lead them all in this new world.

When the younger dust showed him the dusty picture, a memory played in his head. The picture was of a stolen moment of when one of the first generation dustlings had gotten a hold of a human contraption called a camera. It was himself, Hymn and a glimpse of Aevah and Sojo at the back.

"Our friendship was to be treasured and held dear but Hymn," he felt his throat tighten, "There are much bigger things than us. I have a duty to fulfill. I can't..." he looked down at his feet, taking his hands away from the cold ones that enveloped them, "I can't just give up."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Hymn became bitter instantly. "So you're going to leave me too?!" he shouted, "Your just like him." His finger pointed to the picture held in Aren's hands. "You are going to leave me to the cruel world, to survive and go it alone. I know I'm supposed to be helping the young dustlings and I try. I do. What am I supposed to do though when everyone keeps leaving me? I get no hints like you do, I get no plan to follow!

"I just have to hope that I'm doing the right thing. From helping young dusts remember who they are, to just helping some survive and find their way. You don't do near as much as you say you do unless you've been around here helping raise them. You may sit and watch, and defend us but I can guarentee you it would do you a hell of a lot more good staying here and watching them grow. You don't need to risk your life! Help raise them and maybe, just maybe we'll have a change at this battle.

"We won't with you constantly hiding from us, and luring us on from the shadows or the daylight. Quit pushing us around. We aren't your toys and we might need protection but it's because no one is here to teach us. Sojo left me, Aevah left us, and now you want to leave. You say you want to teach, to protect us, than do it here. Aevah can do the watching herself!"
his tone was bitter, and brutal. He was standing at least a yard away from the other, the air around him tinged with heat. The environment around the two of them had shifted into an unrecognizable thunderstorm.

Hymn's powers were out of control again, if the illusion wasn't broken he'd end up just like he was last time. However, his tirade continued, "From teenage years we were together, buddy buddy the entire time. Now you expect me to sit around and watch you go away, AGAIN?" He asked, throwing his hands out before him. Tears were rolling down his cheek by this point and his eyes were red from the crying.

"Please... just please..." he begged, exhaustion creeping up on him, he fell, unconscious.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:52 pm
Aren looked at Hymn with such sadness in his eyes ad the other spoke. He could feel the bitterness and anger in his voice. The task, the burden that was left to them to do was talking its toll on the other dust. He felt a deep feeling of sorrow in his heart, the wings of his back settling down and laid on his back, as if they were tired and wanted to rest in sweet slumber.

He couldn't speak a single word as Hymn passionately spoke, his voice being more tinged with hate after every word he said. Aren felt the unease in the air, Hymn's powers were reacting to his strong emotions and feelings. "Hymn I--" the power of the Siren dust surrounded the man, Aren stood up but stayed where he was, his hands in fists.

"Hymn, you have to understand.. you are a treasured friend. There never was a doubt about that but..." he saw the tears run down the younger dust's face, the tiny droplets slowly dripping to the soft ground.

Then Hymn fell. There was a silence as Aren rushed swiftly to his side, holding him and feeling his cold skin on his own. Aren's heart fell, he hadn't felt this feeling since the time of when the demons had appeared with all the dusts gathered around. He felt completely useless and hopeless. Aren looked at the face of the dust, his face trailed with tears as his eyes were closed, his expression almost painful.

Aren put the boy's head on his lap as he sat on the cold sand, the night air enveloping the two. The dust put his right hand on top of Hymn's forehead, and closed his eyes. A faint blue light shone in the darkness of the night. His fingertips had a light glow as the blue drifted off from the ends of his fingertips to the other dust. He hoped he would feel better when he woke. And they'd have many things to talk about. But for now he just sat there with Hymn resting on his lap as a light glow that illuminated the dark shores as the sun finally said it's goodbye to the city.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:55 pm
Running. Step. Step. Another Step. Don't trip. No, you can't, you can't fall. Left. Right. Jump. Run!

The sound of footsteps were all that echoed in Hymn's mind as his body rested limp in the others hands. The figure beckoning him felt familiar, and yet as foreign as nightfall. Hymn kept following his orders, the light was only a few feet in front of him. It kept moving away, it kept slipping out of his grasp. Beads of sweat rolled down his cheeks, combined with the salty teas he had been crying. Where was he going? Who was calling him? Why did he have to do it? Why did time have to move forward?

He continued to cry. Continued to run. Still, he fell short.

Hymn didn't move while his body recovered. Instead, for once, color actually fluttered to his cheeks and filled the cold veins that normally laid untouched by heat. He couldn't feel the sensation, no, the sight belonged to Aren. The only dust to truly see Hymn with a peach colored skin tone that wasn't as frigid as ice.

Coughing once, or twice, Hymn lurched up, only to fall back into the others lap with fuzzy vision. He had no idea where he was, but he knew the smell and touch of the person holding him. He was warm, gentle, and had actually stayed to help him. Coughing again the dust gently sat up this time and turned to face his friend, using his shoulder as a small rest while his energy regained.

Attempting to speak for himself the dust tried to choke up a few words, but instead nothing came out. Only nodding he tried again, "I'm sorry..."It was hesitant, and although he meant it, Hymn knew it was something he didn't want to admit to the other.

Hymn wanted Aren to stay, for him.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:16 pm
Aren's light gray eyes watched the moon took her place, shining its cool, gentle light on the land. The moonlight kissed the waters, making it glitter and shine amid the darkness. The crashing waves were soft and relaxing as the dust waited for his old friend to wake, his hands not leaving the touch of the others skin.

He felt slight movements from Hymn as he laid there, his head on his lap. The boy looked worried, in pain, but thankfully, moments later the colors finally appeared on his face resulting in a rosy peach glow. Aren was so glad.

Hymn sat up so suddenly that Aren was surprised. And as the younger dust rested his head on his shoulder he whispered a soft apology. Aren did not move from his position, his brow wrinkling, his eyes looking away from the other.

"There is nothing to apologize for," he paused. What would he say now? It seemed that Aren's words did nothing to soothe the boy as he remembered earlier. "I'm the one who has to apologize. You.. are alone, I understand." And Aren did understand since loneliness was his frequent companion.

"We have our race, the dusts. All of us are scared and confused with this task that is before us. We have to be there for each other." and he meant that with all his heart.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:12 pm
Hymn wiped the stained tears from his cheek and looked at the other, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight. He meant no harm in what he said, but he said what he meant with honesty. Engaging his free hand in moving the flattened hair he smiled. The silence between them did not carry so much as an ounce of burden this time, so Hymn kept his lips pursed willingly.

Shifting his body around the siren moved to say something but was halted by the rolling thunder which rattled the ground and sent sparks of lightening flying through the sky.

He was reminded of Ziya. The lightening dust and Hymn had only encountered each other one time. He didn't remember much of their meeting besides the sweet atmosphere that surrounded the other, similar to that of Aren's.

"What am I to do?"he asked as the thoughts for the other rolled away into his mind.

He was nervous, scared even.

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am
"You can just stay-- come with me," the dust paused, surprised at the words that were coming out of his mouth. He really did care about Hymn, but it was deeper than just caring. The two had a somewhat connection to each other, something you only feel when you were with your childhood friends, a different feeling of warmth and familiarity. Though they hadn't really been together for a long time, Aren felt it.

"No.." he took back his words as fast as he had said them. Aren was sure the younger boy wouldn't come with him, and he honestly wouldn't want this kind of life for the boy. Since even for himself, the tasks were difficult and his body worn out from the travels and obstacles he had to conquer. He didn't want Hymn to be like him.

"Just do what you want to do, become stronger and i'll be sure to see you again" his gray eyes shined in the darkness, his hands forming into a fist.

"I promise, everything will fall into place. Believe me, at least."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm
Hymn would have said yes. He would have willingly gone with the other and traveled with him wherever he went. Instead, he sighed and kept silent in response to what instruction he had been given. Dropping his eyes in disappointment he stared at the sand and shifted it around with his foot as slow breaths escaped his tired lungs.

Just moments before he had been excited and overjoyed to be around the other. Now he tasted a sour flavor on the end of his tongue when he thought of their reunion. Hymn felt as if he shouldn't have made himself known to the other. Aren seemed more reluctant to let his friend stand alone, than to even consider sticking around.

Raising his eyes he looked at the other for a moment and only heaved another, extended sigh. "What do you expect me to do?"he questioned,"I can't just become stronger. You know, as well as I, that it is not that easy. I feel strained enough to leave the town as of late." He had no idea why, in fact there was no true reason behind his fear.

He just felt as if leaving the town could mean some level of danger for him. Most of the dusts were located in and around Aimes, so the population managed to keep them pretty hidden. For now they did, at least.

"Nothing I guess..."he began hesitantly, "will change your mind."

Kanove

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am
Various thoughts entered Aren's mind. Settling down in Amies with the other dust children nearby, guiding them closely and teaching them about their powers. The teenage dusts, training them even further and maybe even having good close relationships with them? He shook his head, his feathers swaying along with his body. His face grew warmer amid the cold air.

Aren hated this feeling, whatever this feeling was, it left a big hole in his heart to just leave Hymn--everyone like this. But he knew it was for the best. It was, wasn't it?

The older dust felt the other grow cold, his heart closing up as he continued to speak. Aren wrinkled his brow, trying to find words in reply to Hymn, but nothing would come out. The eloquent, politely-mannered dust was left speechless. Instead, his body reacted on its own.

His long arms engulfed Hymn in a gentle hug. He buried his face in the bundle of cloth, closing his eyes and entwining his fingers with the shirt of the other. He felt the slow rhythmic breathing of the dust, rising and falling like his own. And with his face covered he mumbled some unintelligible words.

"I'm sorry, Hymn."

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces