Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Shady Encounters (Allegro x Rindou)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 am
Shady Encounters
Players: Allegro & Rindou
Setting: Small Wooded Park; Sunny & Breezey

Allegro had been let off the leash recently, figuratively speaking. He was much more well behaved than his sibling counterparts, and so Hayden figured he could let the boy wander off farther than Cante or Benjamin were allowed and would not have to worry about Allegro getting into trouble. Hayden's judgements were for the most part correct in that Allegro was unlikely to get himself into trouble, but that did not mean that he was not tempted by it constantly.

Today he had decided to indulge the nagging sense of naughtiness and found himself investigating a small wooded area next to a park in which Hayden had taken him and the boys. It was heavily shaded, making Allegro a little cautious of being within the wooded area as darker regions of anything made him nervous and fearful.

He wandered a little farther in, finding a patch of light to rest in, helping him warm himself. That was one thing that was always on his mind; staying warm. That was generally why Allegro wore heavy clothes, even in the summer time. When he was indoors and in shaded areas he slowly felt himself getting colder and it bothered him greatly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 pm
Today was tree day!!! Jarett was off from his work and had promised to take the boy to the park, a place that was slowly growing to be Rindou's favorite place out of their usual routine locations. He liked the smell of the grasses and the sounds of the people talking mixing in with the sounds of nature. He liked the feel on sunshine on his bare shoulders and sometimes the taste of dirt whenever he fell on his face - that didn't happen as often lately as it used to but he could still recall it all. Jarett had taken a seat on one of the open park benches and started writing into one of many notebooks, something about a thesis needed done and Rindou able to care for himself. The Dustling had agreed and wandered off with the strong promise to return, a promise that Jarett knew Rindou would keep.

Rindou had moved off into a smaller, more woody area of the park. He hadn't been to this part before, he didn't know the feel of the trees all that well, but it didn't stop him from floating up into the air and exploring amongst their branches. He rather liked when he could stand upside down on the underside of a branch, his feet attached like he was some kind of a ninja having fun without any troubles. He was giggling like a fool when he thought he heard someone come into the area, a sound that was different from an animal or a bird. He didn't lower himself down to check out whomever it was, instead he stayed attached and swinging.

"EH HEH HEH."

Of course he was still laughing at enjoying himself, but that was. . . a bit much. Anyone could clearly hear him.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 pm
As Allegro had made himself comfortable he heard the loud laughter clearly and was startled by it, and jumped. He had not seen anyone when he walked into the small sunlit clearing and was now peering around curiously to see where this person could have hid to make it so that Allegro did not notice him.

"Hello? Is someone there?" The sunshine dustling called, as he got up from his resting place and started rooting through the local foliage.

Where on earth could this person be? Allegro had scoured the surrounding area the best he could without having to crawl on hands and knees, still he found nothing.

"Where are you?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm
"I'M UP HERE. CAN YOU LOOK UP AND FIND ME? I'M UP HERE, YES INDEED."

Rindou didn't move from where he was but he did wave his arms a little bit, his face looking down in the hopeful direction of whomever had come in. Now that he was paying more attention he could sense that this was another dust (yay, lucky!) and one he.. . .may have felt before? Very unlikely given his case of not remembering things past a certain point in time, but it never hurt to think he may or may not have met someone before.

"HELLO DOWN THERE."

His talking was accented with his good-nature laughter.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm
Allegro went to look up and wash shocked to see a child his age hanging upside-down from a tree limb by his feet. How in the world was he doing something like that? Wasn't he going to fall? Allegro's inner maternal instinct kicked in quickly and his voice turned into sheer panic as he looked up at the boy.

"How did you get up there!?" Allegro said, looking around for a way to help him down. "You're going to fall!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 pm
"I'M NOT GOING TO FALL. I DON'T FALL ANYMORE UNLESS I REALLY WANT TO FALL. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE UPSIDE DOWN."

Rindou would have been very content to just stay floating upside down as it were but the panic in this person's voice made him slightly consider coming down. It only took him a second or two to actually decide to get down anyway and he flipped his feet out from beneath him, tumbling quickly before he spun to right. He landed softly on the grass with his toes curling, a big grin on his face.

"I'M DOWN NOW THOUGH, SO DON'T WORRY. IS THIS BETTER?

Rindou spread his arms wide, like he was posing for a picture.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:29 pm
Allegro had been relieved that the boy had come down from the tree branch, but was absolutely flabbergasted at how exactly he did so. None of his family members could do anything like that. Was he magic? What he possessed? Possibly cursed? It boggled his mind at exactly what the boy before him was.

Well, he knew one thing for certain. Whoever this boy was, he was ridiculously loud. Allegro couldn't help but wiggle a finger in his now ringing ears as he was addressed.

"Uhm, y-yes. It's much better," Allegro responded, noticing now that the boy had some sort of wrap around his face. He leaned in slightly to see it, being tempted by rudeness to extend a hand and yank the thing off his face. You should always look into the eyes of the person you're speaking too.

"Why is that thing on your face?" He asked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 am
"THIS THING? IT'S TO PROTECT PEOPLE FROM ME, SAYS JARETT. HE SAYS IT MAKES IT SO I CAN'T HURT THEM."

While those may not have been Jarett's exact words they were pretty much the same meaning, just slightly paraphrased. Rindou at the time didn't have the mental capacity to keep it all going at once and really focus on it, not that he was stupid. It was more or a less a result of him not paying attention and not caring enough to try to store what he heard and was told, which resulted in him coming off as childish and of limited intelligence. Oops.

"I'VE ALWAYS WORN THIS THOUGH SO I DON'T KNOW IF I'M DOING MUCH OF PROTECTING OTHERS. JARETT SAYS I'M DOING GOOD THOUGH."

His arms were crossed now and he leaned a bit forward to the person he was speaking with, his nose twitching briefly as if he wanted to smell what was going on. This person smelt of sunshine were it possible, and of Dust. They were one and the same then? Interesting.

"MY NAME IS RINDOU. YOU ARE YOU?"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:27 pm
Hurt them? Allegro thought to himself, Why in the world would he hurt them?

The boy before him didn't seem all that threatening, unless the 'hurt' in which this Jarett individual was referring to happened to be hearing loss, in which case he'd probably do better with the thing on his face taken off so he wouldn't have to yell at the time thinking he couldn't be heard.

Unlike Rindou, Allegro was highly unaware of other Dusts around him. He had met several without knowing it until they mentioned it to him. All he really knew is that even though he swore he had never met those individuals before, they felt familiar to him in some way, and he was getting that exact feeling right now the closer Rindou happened to have gotten.

Allegro extended a hand to Rindou to greet himself, unsure if the boy before him could even see the gesture he was making. "My name is Allegro. Allegro Samuel Lightner. It's nice to meet you Rindou."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 am
"YOUR NAME IS REALLY LONG AND I DON'T WANNA SAY IT EVERY TIME I SAY YOUR NAME. I'M GOING TO JUST CALL YOU ALLEGRO OKAY. YOU CAN JUST CALL ME RINDOU LIKE YOU DID SINCE IT'S ALL I HAVE IN A NAME. LONG NAMES ARE HARD, I CAN'T EVEN SAY ALL OF JARETT'S NAME. JUST JARETT."

Rindou didn't stick his hand out nor did he notice that Allegro had stuck his out, instead he just gave something akin to an awkward bow before pushing himself a bit off the ground again. It was always more fun to be in the air, he just wished other people could feel that too and be up with him. According to Jarett Rindou was pretty unique (whatever that meant) in how he was able to control his weight so freely. Rindou liked that.

"ARE YOU KINDA SPECIAL TOO? YOU SMELL LIKE SUNSHINE AND FEEL FAMILIAR."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 am
Allegro pulled back his hand as Rindou gave him and awkward bow. He honestly wondered if the boy had volume control, or knew what an indoor and outdoor voice were. It probably didn't matter as much right now, since they were outside, but at the same time he was probably scaring all the wildlife within the general vicinity and that was rude to the animals. They lived here longer, after all.

"I smell like sunshine?" Allegro questioned, looking around for a moment to make sure no one else was in sight, than lifting his arm up to nose to test this theory. He was unsure by what Rindou meant. He didn't think he smelled like sunshine, he was certain he smelled like clean fabric. Well, mostly clean fabric.

"I am kind of special, I guess. I came from a bottle..." Allegro said, his head quirking to the side, "Did you come from a bottle?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 am
"I GUESS I CAME FROM A BOTTLE? JARETT SAYS I DIDN'T COME INTO HIS POSSESSION, WHATEVER THAT MEANS, BY ANY NORMAL MEANS. HE SAYS I ALSO BROKE HIS FOOT BEFORE I WAS ME BUT I DON'T REMEMBER DOING THAT."

Rindou didn't remember much actually before his blindfold, if that said anything about his memory. He didn't even remember what Jarett's face looked like, not that he didn't prefer the image in his imagination to whatever reality might produce. He wasn't so sure how Jarett would feel if he actually told the man that so Rindou agreed to himself that keeping those words quiet for now probably was the best idea. Besides, he didn't even know what his own reflection looked like, so -

"AND YES, YOU SMELL LIKE SUNSHINE. IT'S NOT A HEAVY SMELL OR ANYTHING LIKE YOU STINK, BUT YOU SMELL LIKE SUNSHINE OR SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME THINK OF THE SUN. JARETT SAYS IT'S BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE THAT I CAN SMELL MUCH BETTER THAN NORMAL, OR HEAR MUCH BETTER THAN NORMAL TOO. MAYBE IF YOU COULDN'T SEE YOU COULD SMELL YOURSELF BETTER?"

It also should be noted that Rindou was actually yelling at the top of his lungs or anything, but rather just speaking loudly. One could compare him to a person at the front of a room trying to get the attention of the person in the back of the room without having to yell, his voice just louder than normal and a bit more firm. His diction was rather pefect, which was funny all things considered.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 pm
"I'm not quite sure I want to smell myself better," Allegro commented truthfully. The idea of never being able to see again was one he did not want to even fancy. He liked his vision, the ability to look upon flowers, animals, the sky. Without it he would be surrounded by nothing but darkness, and darkness was not something he fancied in the least.

"Huh," Was all Allegro said to most of it. Why did it seem to him that those like himself seemed to cause problems for their new families before they had even come into actual existence?

He had caused Hayden and the boys problems regarding his brigtness. Rindou seemed to have broken his new parent's foot. What exactly was with them that caused them to bring trouble wherever they went? Maybe it was just a coincidence that these things occured. Or perhaps finding one of these bottles was more of a curse than a blessing. He shook is head at this.

"Rindou..." Allegro began, tilting his head to the side, "How many others of us have you met?"

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games