Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Celebrities and Famous people.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 pm
so i was on facebook today when something caught my eye. -insert name of my friend- like "petition for Lil Wayne to have less jail time (need 1 million) now i'm not sure about all of you, but this alarmed me. If someone is in jail, they're in there for a freaking reason!!!!!!!! So what you people are telling me, is that just because you like his music... he should have a lighter judgement then the average joe next to him? Let me tell you something, world, is God going to give him a lighter judgement on that day just because he was a famous rapper? a famous rapper providing a bad example for the youth, which God specifically said "it is better to be cast into the sea with a millstone tied around your neck than to teach a child wrong" What in the heck are these retards thinking? God will not take his judgement lightly if he continues this way of life, and news flash people, you let him out, HE'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN! why thrashmetaljunkie, why would you say such a thing? Good question ignorant populace of the world, BECAUSE HE DIDNT LEARN HIS LESSON! you retards throw him in jail, feel bad cuz u like his music, then let him off light. How is he gonna learn, "Oh hey... maybe i shouldn't have done that"? I mean really, lets give less jail time to the jerk that killed someone over drug money. OH, that homeless man killed someone for food? GIVE HIM THE DEATH SENTENCE!... Am i the only one that sees something wrong with this????  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:25 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I agree that famous folk should get the same sentence as the rest of the world. I think that they should be sentenced to regular prisons/jails without any "special needs". If you commit the crime you should do the time... none of this lighter sentence stuff folks are getting.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

GraciaKaemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:37 pm
We worship celbs more than we worship God. Hmm, what does the Bible say about false idols? Oh yeah, “You shall have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:3

It's crazy. I hate how we worship people. It's ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:17 pm
No one wants to be held accountable for their actions anymore.  

WoodSorrelWitch

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:53 pm
Indeed. Just because someone is famouse dose not mean they should get lighter punishment should they have done somthing wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:13 pm
More information?

What did he actually do? Did you actually read the petition? Was it proposing less jail time purely because he was famous, or was his fame simply allowing his case to get enough spotlight for people to see some kind of injustice in his punishment?

*Doesn't read/watch the news and is entirely out of the loop*

LyricalSoul93

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:27 am
LyricalSoul93
More information?

What did he actually do? Did you actually read the petition? Was it proposing less jail time purely because he was famous, or was his fame simply allowing his case to get enough spotlight for people to see some kind of injustice in his punishment?

*Doesn't read/watch the news and is entirely out of the loop*
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

he went to jail for 8months for having a *loaded* semi automatic gun in his possession in the state of New York.

In my opinion after reading the laws on gun for New York it seems like a fair sentence. As well as reading about his trial, he never spoke on his behalf even when the judge asked if he wanted to. To me that means he's guilty of the crime and more lol. but that's just my opinion

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:46 am
PawzPrint
No one wants to be held accountable for their actions anymore.

Couldn't have said it better myself!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm
it just irks the heck out of me... i mean seriously what kind of image is this setting for the youth? and then the government sits there with their thumb up their rear thinking.. wow.. why do the younger generations keep getting worse and worse???? well... lets see... you let their role models get away with crime...they think they can get away with it too!!! seriously. its EXPECTED of them to cheat and live adulterous lives. We arent surprised when we hear they get drunk and high. its almost a status symbol for them. We hear they killed someone, "oh... well thats unfortunate" really. who the --- is in charge of the justice system here? because whoever they are, they're incompetent, stupid, immoral, and various other things that just fire me up so bad inside that i actually want to hurt someone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 pm
You do know it's a facebook group, right?

They have thousands of groups, with people 'like'ing everything. Why should one that pops up about Lil Wayne irk you any more than one about bashing obama being an incompetent fool of a president, or people who like throwing puppies off of cliffs (which was an actual group. It was taken down, thankfully, shortly after it was formed, but it was there.)?  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:48 pm
it irks me because of what it's saying. the basic jist of that they believe a criminal should be let out of jail early, and not have to serve his sentence. its dumb, and immoral. you committ a crime, you pay for it. bottomline. these crap of celebrities being given amnesty because of popularity and their wealth is total BS. that is why it irks me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
it irks me because of what it's saying. the basic jist of that they believe a criminal should be let out of jail early, and not have to serve his sentence. its dumb, and immoral. you committ a crime, you pay for it. bottomline. these crap of celebrities being given amnesty because of popularity and their wealth is total BS. that is why it irks me.

Right, I agree. But, you have to realize that it's a facebook group, not an official governing body given authority to do anything.

Facebook, like gaia, is a social website. It has no ability to do anything, other than to allow people to contact each other in a way that is more interesting/convenient than waiting for snail mail or e-mail. So, all of these groups of people all liking a certain common cause don't mean much at all of actual gravity. It's just a bunch of people clicking a 'like' button on something stupid.

Another thing. People are stupid. They do stupid things for no apparent reason what-so-ever, and there's not a thing that's going to change this. So, if a bunch of stupid people decide to 'like' allowing a convicted criminal out of jail early just because they want to be able to listen to more of his music, well, so what? They can't actually do anything other than to voice their opinion, so let them. A person always seems smarter until they decide to open their mouth. Just ignore them and focus on things that are more important in life.  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 pm
Kyramud
thrashmetaljunkie

Right, I agree. But, you have to realize that it's a facebook group, not an official governing body given authority to do anything.

Facebook, like gaia, is a social website. It has no ability to do anything, other than to allow people to contact each other in a way that is more interesting/convenient than waiting for snail mail or e-mail. So, all of these groups of people all liking a certain common cause don't mean much at all of actual gravity. It's just a bunch of people clicking a 'like' button on something stupid.

Another thing. People are stupid. They do stupid things for no apparent reason what-so-ever, and there's not a thing that's going to change this. So, if a bunch of stupid people decide to 'like' allowing a convicted criminal out of jail early just because they want to be able to listen to more of his music, well, so what? They can't actually do anything other than to voice their opinion, so let them. A person always seems smarter until they decide to open their mouth. Just ignore them and focus on things that are more important in life.
its not the fact that its a facebook group. its the mere morality of the matter. the moral standard of america is shot. if peoples morality has gone from all criminals pretty much die (not much better, but justice kinda sorta served) to let the famous people free just cuz their famous. there is something seriously wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 am
thrashmetaljunkie
Kyramud
thrashmetaljunkie

its not the fact that its a facebook group. its the mere morality of the matter. the moral standard of america is shot. if peoples morality has gone from all criminals pretty much die (not much better, but justice kinda sorta served) to let the famous people free just cuz their famous. there is something seriously wrong.

Seriously, take a breather bud. A facebook group, no matter how large a following, isn't a very accurate portrayal of the moral compass of an entire nation. There are people on facebook that aren't americans, just like there are people on gaia that aren't americans. So, yeah, I agree that it's a horrible, morally incomprehensible, stupid idea for a group, it's not the end of the world. Let the stupid people have their fun, and focus on stuff that actually matters, and is more impacting than '(insert friend's name here) likes (Group about whatever)'.  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Echoes in my Head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:20 am
There is a reason Scripture refers to us as sheep. Have you ever seen a sheep up close? They are smelly, stupid, are frightened easily and are easily led, under the right circumstances. This face book group fits that to a "T". Stop, take a breath, and realize that the world will always have it's own gods, and this will not change until the Master returns. And man is real good of setting up his idols.

Besides, I'm on facebook, and one thing I've learned is they'll like anything. Even eggs. So relax. Chances are, a competent judge will take one look at this and laugh. And it's only 8 months, right? Chances are, they aren't going to lessen a sentence that light, regardless of who you are. Besides, isn't jail time a status symbol in the rap community, or has television lied to me again?  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games