Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parashta

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:36 am
Recently, Gaia developer Panagrammic posted a journal entry about Gaia’s upcoming Spring Cleaning effort. For two weeks, Gaia developers will be permitted to work on “old issues” – older or less important features that need bug fixes or updates. While they don’t have time to work miracles, they did draw up an issue I’m sure all of you would like to see fixed up: GUILDS.

The two proposals are to make guilds more customizable, and to clean up some of the old coding used in guild forums to better match the main forums. Both of these proposals are being voted on RIGHT NOW. So what are you waiting for? GO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR FIXING OUR BELOVED GUILDS!

You can do so by reviewing these threads – [ Guilds Customization ] & [ Guilds Look/Feel ] – and both voting and posting your support.

[PS - And while you are there, make sure to look over the Spring Cleaning forum and vote on other features that are important to you!]

Discussion Spoons for the Needy
Gaia's Spring Cleaning
Features You're Voting On
....Custom Guild CSS?
The Two Week Time-Frame  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:40 am
You might want to put a topic in this thread... spoon feed discussion topics if need be...  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Parashta

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 am
I figured the discussion in question would be somewhat obvious - possible guild updates and Spring Cleaning. But I see where spoons might make things easier. Two moments!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:08 am
I voted on all threads they had!

Definitely voted "strongly agree" on the guild ones! It's so old school in the guilds still....

It'd be really nice if things could be more customized.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 am
User Image"Every scar is a lesson...

User Image

About damn time they do something with the guilds...

I wonder if it's too much to ask for them to fix it WITHOUT accidentally pumping it full of bugs in the process...

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:37 pm
I don't mind having more customization, but why do they need to change the look of it?

I like the old school feel...makes me comfortable.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:49 pm
Kals is questing again!

Rather than messing with the "look and feel" of guilds, wouldn't it be more important to add the ability to search for a thread within a guild?

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:53 pm
A search feature would be nice, as well as a "subscribe" feature, and a way to look at posts that we've made in the guild.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:59 pm
Definitely a search function would be nice...

the other forums I'm in swear by search functions...much easier to find what you need.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:08 pm
the subscribe mentioned by Tae would be nice too  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:15 pm
I still like the old look/feel, but I've been off of Gaia for a year and they changed things and I'm a geezer in Gaia terms. Whoo, Go-Gaia!

Searching would be very, very good, though. Oh, trying to find the older threads...

You kids get off o' my lawn!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Even though they have said that they can't get the guilds up to the same functionality as the forums within two weeks it would be very nice indeed if they did some updating. I, for one, would like a "view your posts" option for the guilds like we can with the forums. It would make finding past conversations much easier. That search function that others have mentioned would be very nice too. Mostly what I would like is better navigation, I guess.

I voted "strongly agree" in regards to the guild updates and also to the linked accounts idea which I whined about wanting in the last survey so it is cool to know that other people want it too. I am looking at what else is on the table still.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm
I would like a way to look at my posts and see the ones I've made in the guild.

Sometimes one likes to reminisce on conversations in the past and that's harder to do when you have to go searching through threads.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:28 pm
Improving and fixing are two different things. I don't see anything here that doesn't work. It just needs a new coat of paint for people to b***h at. Maybe they could have a set of skins for guild leaders to pick from or something.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 am
Omnileech
=42901

When will they fix this issue?]

Community Lounge