Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
What do you say?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VK's Golden Give Away
  Click
View Results

rosadria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm
I've been asked to teach a lesson by the associate minister after evening services in about two weeks. It's a standard "Living a New Life!" kinda thing. Usually that wouldn't be a problem or overly stressful.

But here's the catch. Dad wants to come along. Again, that wouldn't be a problem for most families. He is an atheist, his father is one of the most militant, hateful atheists that I've ever met in my life, and that includes the internet. Sure, the trolls get pretty bad on the net, but this man has no problem being that nasty in real life. Dad has been verbally abused because I haven't converted to atheism. Dad has helped lead my mother from the faith (she was already on her way out, but he made it happen quicker). Two of my sisters know next to nothing about God, and have only attended church a handful of times across their lives. The eldest sister (yet still younger than me <3 ) has been going through a Bible study with me. I think she might finally be convicted, but I worry about her keeping it up when I make it to New Orleans.

What do you say to such a man? I originally had this lesson built up for a dear friend of mine who has let her non Christian boyfriend talk her into doing things that she wouldn't normally do. I'm really nervous about it all. Dad's a good man. He's done a lot of good, Christian like things for me and my mother and my sisters. He took us from poverty line New Orleans to a nice house in a nice neighborhood inside the Beltway of Houston, all in about seven years.

This could be the only chance I'll ever have. I'm moving back to New Orleans (God willing) in a few months, and I will probably never live with my Mother Father Sister family again, as I'll be starting my own family, and well, I like Louisiana, they don't. I want to show him the beauty of God. His holiness, His mercy and kindness, His love. You know what I mean. Like, when you're driving in the car during a rainstorm and you feel His presence. It's like being sad in that your throat gets tight, but you're happy. Safe and secure, resting in the fortress that is our God. It's moments like those that make all the ridicule, the mocking, Grandpa's crap all worth it. That's my God, and it is He I want to share with this man who could be such a great Christian, and my mother who is very much in need of our Father. (I don't even know the full story, but she's only 15 years older than I am, and has been on happy pills for a while now.)

What would you say?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:07 am
Just to clarify:
what to say to your dad about wanting to come along or what to say for the lesson?  

WoodSorrelWitch

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff