Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
This is ridiculous Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosadria

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 am
So, I was reading the news articles on christianpost.com
They're not always the best, but they do have articles relevant to Christians. What's going on in different denominations, etc. Stuff you'd never be aware of if you weren't in that church or into that kinda stuff. Here's one quote that I wanted to discuss.

Quote:
John Sloop of Shenandoah Presbytery interestingly argued that the church is being left behind if it does not accept the homosexual lifestyle that the world has already accepted.

Presbyterians Opposed to Suspending Gay Clergy Debate

I'm just.. Shocked. Disappointed, mostly. I want to laugh, but not the "ha ha it's funny laugh" but the "Oh God... This is bad" laugh.

Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

I wasn't aware, Mr. Sloop, that the church's goal was to be worldly. I didn't think that it mattered what the world thought of us. You see, Sloop, things of the world aren't supposed to come into the church and change what we teach. These worldly things don't change the word of God!

I find this statement to be far too indicative of the attitude that has taken hold of many church leaders.

"If we teach this, church attendance will be down!"

- Let it drop. Speaking the Truth to one soul is worth more than lying to all the pews in America.

"If I teach this, the people who donate to the church will leave!"

- Be poor. The Church started with nothing but Christ, and when all is said and done, we're going to end with nothing but Christ.

"If I teach this, the world will hate me."

-If the world loves what you're teaching, be afraid for your soul. Be afraid like you've never been afraid for. Christ said that for His sake, we would be hated.

"I might get killed for teaching this!"
- THEN DIE!

I apologize if I seem angry, because I am. The world does not dictate what the church does. We have only one Lord, one God, one King, the Lord Jesus Christ. What He says goes. Period. Governments do not dictate what we believe or how we worship. We do not get to vote on church policies, or what churches teach. That is left to Christ alone, and He is not a God of confusion.

So, Mr. Sloop, one final word.
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:21 pm
I completely agree with you. Thank God for blessing you with such a way with words to say what needed to be said.  

okami-verde

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm
Calm down.

Not all Christians believe that being gay goes against God. And I'm not following your "We have to be really unpopular with the majority and they should hate us for God's sake". Surely to effectively evangelise it helps to have people like you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:12 pm
LyricalSoul93
Calm down.

Not all Christians believe that being gay goes against God. And I'm not following your "We have to be really unpopular with the majority and they should hate us for God's sake". Surely to effectively evangelise it helps to have people like you?

Calm down? Heh.

Just because some Christians say homosexuality is ok does not mean that it is.
We don't have to be unpopular, but we will be. That's what happens when you hold the mirror that is the word of God up to people. They get angry, because it exposes who and what they really are.
Sure, it does help to have people like you. But it can also be effective for them to hate you. The key to evangelism is not whether or not someone likes you, but if the Holy Spirit is moving in such a way that they are being convicted of sin and are coming to repentance and obedience. It has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with God.  

rosadria

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:51 pm
LyricalSoul93
Surely to effectively evangelise it helps to have people like you?

That can be a double standard. It might help but then it might cause people to claim that we are being hypocritical. They do that anyways but why give them more ammo?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 pm
VK Fox
The key to evangelism is not whether or not someone likes you, but if the Holy Spirit is moving in such a way that they are being convicted of sin and are coming to repentance and obedience. It has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with God.

I love how you word things :3  

WoodSorrelWitch

onleeseoul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:03 pm
Homosexuality is A OK. And I support it 100%, and I'm just as much of a Christian as you are. Don't take offense to that :/] I'm not saying your against it, but this is insane. The world has been changing Christianity since, gee Im not sure to be honest, some time around the crucifixion. Anyway, if it hadnt, we wouldnt have sect's or branches, it's just a fact most people overlook and use for good ranting. But anyway, I dont think the church will necessarily be left behind, that's ridiculous, but it's definitely a lifestyle that all people should accept, so to pin point it at the church isn't very smart in the broad view. I'm honestly having a difficult time thinking about how the church would be left behind, sure its going through struggles and whatnot, but there are way to many factors donating to this to..per say blame it on one thing. I'm not sure where I was going with this since my train of thought kind of died so um, lol yeah.

Basically, the homosexual lifestyle is a human acceptance, his point is irrelevant, just saying Yea I think that's it lol, sorry!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:20 am
ThtGrlovaTher, show me scriptures.  

rosadria

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 pm
ThtGrlovaTher
Homosexuality is A OK.

Do you know what God says about it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:18 pm
PawzPrint

VK Fox

This!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

onleeseoul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:48 pm
PawzPrint

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

Imo, it's A OK. I know exactly what god say's about it, and yes unfortunately I am partially denying these words because I am Pro-love. I'm pretty sure God is as well. But, regardless of the bible, I support the love between human's and there will never be something for me to turn against my opinion. I would go to hell for love, no not lust, Love.

VK Fox

Please specify what you talking about, you've confused and easily confused person e.o  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 pm
ThtGrlovaTher
PawzPrint

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

Imo, it's A OK. I know exactly what god say's about it, and yes unfortunately I am partially denying these words because I am Pro-love. I'm pretty sure God is as well. But, regardless of the bible, I support the love between human's and there will never be something for me to turn against my opinion. I would go to hell for love, no not lust, Love.

VK Fox

Please specify what you talking about, you've confused and easily confused person e.o

Show me scriptures supporting homosexuality. Also, is love always ok, or are there times when acting on "love" is sin? Furthermore, does being in love excuse sinning?  

rosadria

onleeseoul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:21 pm
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
PawzPrint

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

VK Fox

Show me scriptures supporting homosexuality. Also, is love always ok, or are there times when acting on "love" is sin? Furthermore, does being in love excuse sinning?

See, I never said there were scriptures that supported it now did I? And if I did, well then this is just awkward then now isn't it? Anyway, are we not acting on love when we say I love you, or procreate for that matter? No, lust is not always ok, but love is. God specifically instructs us to love, why should that suddenly stop when we break out of the gender code? I know it probably sounds like I'm bending the bible around my own convenience, but its really just a matter of, I believe that it's not fair to be cruel and pull the Hell card on blame homosexual's for the churches troubles. I know I can't change someone else's opinion about this, but fact is, this is what I believe. [And this is where my personal beliefs collide with my faith to a certain extent.] If were showing genuine love, are we sinning?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:26 pm
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
PawzPrint

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

VK Fox

See, I never said there were scriptures that supported it now did I? And if I did, well then this is just awkward then now isn't it? Anyway, are we not acting on love when we say I love you, or procreate for that matter? No, lust is not always ok, but love is. God specifically instructs us to love, why should that suddenly stop when we break out of the gender code? I know it probably sounds like I'm bending the bible around my own convenience, but its really just a matter of, I believe that it's not fair to be cruel and pull the Hell card on blame homosexual's for the churches troubles. I know I can't change someone else's opinion about this, but fact is, this is what I believe. [And this is where my personal beliefs collide with my faith to a certain extent.] If were showing genuine love, are we sinning?

No, but does genuine love cause you to sin?  

rosadria

onleeseoul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:40 pm
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
PawzPrint

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

VK Fox

No, but does genuine love cause you to sin?

No. because we are loving, and spreading love, whether we know it or not, God's love. Man to man, Woman to woman. The fact that it is assumed that because someone is homosexual, they are sinning, is none of human concern. Maybe yes they are sinning. But, the fact is that we are all sinning, every day, no one's a saint, you can try, but it's not happening. And the only person that can judge anyone for their sins is God himself, and no one else.

"God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them, We love each other because he loved us first."

1 John 4:16-19

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces