Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
I need a little help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:22 pm
I've always struggled with the Thought of love. Recently I've been seeing a lot of it and its tearing me to shreads. I need a little help from other Believers....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm
What type of love?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm
I don't think I'm ever of much help but if there's anything I can help you with I'll try.
What exactly about love is it that is tearing you to shreds??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm
Every love but godly love... Brotherly love is tearing me appart. Romatic love... Family love... All of it... Probably because I fear it more then anything else in the world.  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm
What exactly is it that you fear about it, you fear having or receiving?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Having it in my own Heart. I'm afraid that I'll get broken.  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 pm
Alright.
So how is it that having love for other people will make you feel broken?
Is it that you feel they would use you, or that they will use it against you? ._.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm
I'm afriad... Well I worry that they'll use it against me... Thats what happened before and I don't want it happening again I guess thats why I've put my heart in a box and when I see others in love it hurts my own because I've locked my heart away from it all. I mean I want it but It scares me out of my wits.  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 pm
Well I know a story of a man who used love as a weapon for good instead of seeing it as a weakness.
Even when love was the main reason he ended up being insulted, broken, and finally killed.
He never stopped loving, even when the same people he loved ended up betraying him and hurt him in the most painful way, he gave his life for them, and love triumphed over all.
It is because of that love that we are now welcomed into his arms and redeemed from everything we have ever done before we realized what he did for us.

I also have lots of times when I feel like the love I feel for people is not returned back and start feeling like you do but I give myself a slap in the face and realize that Jesus would have never given up on me.
It really gives me strength to see the example God gave us of sending his son to earth to die for us even when sometimes we use that love he has for us against HIM.

Ultimately if we are able to ever feel a little bit of his love, REAL love we would overlook all the little things people do to hurt us and keep on loving them no matter what.

Just pray to God to let you love like he did no matter what people do to you, it is what God wants from each and every one of us.

Love was the weapon that saved the world.
Now think about if you were a superhero and you had a chance to pick your own weapon, wouldn't you want it?

Hope that helped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm
The thought of love? That's a wide range of thoughts...

Love as the world sees it is a superficial thing, something that a few weeks or months of dating can lead to, something that has to be given to only those who deserve it.

But Love as Christ sees it is very different. Love is something that is given to those who don't deserve it - love is forgiveness, and strength despite struggle.

Many people of this world think being in love means having a perfect life - but really they're so caught up in their infatuation and earthly pleasures they can't see the road ahead.

Don't think of love as something that somebody else has to give to you; think of love as something you carry with you always and show to others.

Quote:
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. We love each other because he loved us first.

1 John 4:16-19 (NLT)

Truth is, real love has to go through a lot before its strong enough to be called love. This is the way it is for those walking with Jesus; we go through a lot of struggle and sin and heartbreak before God forgave us, and we'll continue to struggle because God knows we will be stronger because of it... and because He want us to trust in Him at all times.

Relationships with other people are similar. Even in just a friendship, you will go through a lot of hurt feelings, a lot of pain... but if you also have a lot of forgiveness, love will become stronger and more Christlike.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:02 pm
Green_Fuu I owe you alot. I'll pray that God helps me and that I can learn to Unlock my heart to love.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm
thank you Requiem. you and Green Fuu have helpped me alot.  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 pm
No problem I'm just glad I could be of some help.
I also have to ask for advise lots of times, .
I'm just glad we have other believers who can share their stories and their wisdom when ours fails, lol (^_^)

But yeah, just pray to God that he can help you love other people as he loves you and that he may help you overcome whatever fear the enemy tries to implant on you

BTW favorite quote of the week:

Saint Crazy S Requiem

Don't think of love as something that somebody else has to give to you; think of love as something you carry with you always and show to others.

Saint Crazy S Requiem always gives good advise, lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 pm
No problem. I'm glad we were able to help you out in some way. ^^

@Green_Fuu: Daaww, thanks. whee  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items