Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
is the end of the world really comming? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 pm
User Imagewhat do you think god say about the end of the world? do you think it is really comming? question  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm
I personally don't care when this world will end. It will end when it ends. It doesn't affect my salvation or my relationship with Chirst either way.

And the movie 2012 was stupid. The world will not end that year because scripture says that no man knows the day nor the hour. That means no one knows when it will happen!

But yes the world will end eventually, it's prophecy. And again, I really don't care either way. This life was only supposed to be a stepping stone, a temporary state, just like death is only tempory!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

U h h d o r a b l e e

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:30 pm
People just think that the world will end at 2012 cause that's when the Mayans stopped predicting the future. Who knows why they stopped maybe they just got too lazy who knows.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Xx-CupcakeKisses-xX
People just think that the world will end at 2012 cause that's when the Mayans stopped predicting the future. Who knows why they stopped maybe they just got too lazy who knows.

the picture is to represent the end of the world, i dont think it will actually end then...  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

rosadria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 pm
I heard that movie was absolutely terrible in every possible way a movie can be bad.

Anyway. Yes, the world will end. Yes, Christ is coming back, and yes, it will be soon. But that is solely on the time table that the Father has established, and we have nothing to worry about. He will care for us and provide for us, whether the world ends in a moment or in another few centuries. It is my personal belief that if I am not among the last generation of preachers then my sons will be, but that's still up to the Father, and His will be done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Xx-CupcakeKisses-xX

No, that's just when the Mayan calender stops and begins a new cycle. The Mayans died out from their own lack of understanding and unwillingness to adapt to the circumstances around them.

@VK-It was a terrible movie!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Meztli-the-God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 pm
Xx-CupcakeKisses-xX
Here's where 90% of the population doesn't get. The Mayans didn't just stop, they actually wrote in black and white that it would end. BUT, they said it would end 5 or 6 times before that, too. They say either the world is going to end or it will begin anew. They even have predictions of what will happen in that age. For example,(I do not no they pacific) maybe they said the time of WWI and WWII would "Be an age of war." This is why I don't believe them, Nostradamus, or alot of other prophets. They are WAYYY too vivid. And even if the world does end, true Christians shouldn't give a ----, since the Rapture will, and I quote, be totally wicked and take all the real peeps up in the sky to chill with God. I forget if its 2 or 4 years before Armageddon and that jazz. So yeah. The better question would probably be "Who cares?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:32 pm
    I'm with Shadow.
    We don't know when the world will end but I just don't really care.
    Jesus will take care of us.

WoodSorrelWitch

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:41 pm
God has plenty to say about the end of the world - it's all over the book of Revelation.

God says the world will end. That much is pretty clear.

In the meantime we, the followers of Christ, patiently await either that day or the day when God decides to take us to Him. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:44 pm
PawzPrint
    I'm with Shadow.
    We don't know when the world will end but I just don't really care.
    Jesus will take care of us.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I'm with shadow and pawz haha

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 pm
Alright guys. heres my 2 cents.
1. I don't care, im with a lot of you. I am saved, i have faith in my savior that he will take care of me.
2. Im pretty sure they were like "so guys... we're about several hundred years ahead, what you wanna do?" "Idk bout you guys, but i think the world will forgive us if we just take a break for a year or two..." -2 years later- population died out. i think they just stopped caring, truthfully. as previously stated, no man knows the day or the hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am
too bad we never know when the worlld is going to end. it would be terrible if your last words were something you'd regret....  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

abdrewlegend

5,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm
I think that the movie 2012 is not true, no human can know when
God want to make a end to the world, also that in the movie the world is not destroyed, is more like the flood, that noah built a ship, and after the flood they went to populate the world  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm
boo-boo8
too bad we never know when the worlld is going to end. it would be terrible if your last words were something you'd regret....

That's why we are supposed to live every day as though it were our last. The scriptures tell us to let no idle word pass our lips. We are always supposed to watch what we say and do, no matter how close the end is.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm
abdrewlegend
I think that the movie 2012 is not true, no human can know when
God want to make a end to the world, also that in the movie the world is not destroyed, is more like the flood, that noah built a ship, and after the flood they went to populate the world

To me, it didn't potray the end of the world. It just potrayed, like you said a massive flood, and the overall climate/continental shift of the earth.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff