Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
So I Recently Found Out My Gift...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 pm
User Image

Ok I just found out what my gift was today.
Let me go back a little bit.
*Rewind*
Ok when I was little I could see black shadows everywhere and then I could also see white figures.
When my brother came around so would the black shadows, my brother is very much lost and is heavy into drugs. He has also meddled with witchcraft.
Anyway when he came so did the black shadows, I would go to sleep These black things would torment me.
So I associated the black with bad.

Now when I went to my grandma's, she is a big believer in Christ I would see white figures in her house and they would be really comforting and sometimes I could hear this wonderful music, I cant explain it but it was really peaceful.
So I associated the white with good.

I just recently started to go to Church, I have been a Christian, but i wasn't really into it, however that has changed. I am also saved and hopefully i can get Baptized soon.

I talked to my class teacher about the matter and he said that I have the gift of Distinguishing Between Spirits.

I have casted out three demons, and things are going pretty ok.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on this or if anyone else has this gift.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:28 pm
Wow, I'm happy for you! I don't have that ability, but I have an acquittance who told me she could see spirits. She claimed to believe in God, but I find it hard to believe with the way she dressed and what she listens to. She listened to heavy metal and wore black clothes.

I know I shouldn't judge her, but I never imagined a Christian to listen to that type of music or wear Hot Topic things, you know?

Anyway, she told me that she saw disturbing things and that they come and go.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Wow, I'm happy for you! I don't have that ability, but I have an acquittance who told me she could see spirits. She claimed to believe in God, but I find it hard to believe with the way she dressed and what she listens to. She listened to heavy metal and wore black clothes.

I know I shouldn't judge her, but I never imagined a Christian to listen to that type of music or wear Hot Topic things, you know?

Hey... I wear black and listen to screamo.... Mind you its skillet (A christian band) But still screamo. I wear hot topic clothes yet I'm very deep into my faith. Anyway..... My gifts are different. I have the gift of Music and of Helping. I also seem to know when others are in pain, either emotional physical or spiritual pain. so I don't really have a conection to the spirit thing.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:52 pm
A Lonely Leaf

User Image

I wear black clothes ( mainly shirts ) and listen to rock music, I don't listen to dark lyrics though.
Looks can be very deceiving.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Crimson Angel Tears
A Lonely Leaf

Hey... I wear black and listen to screamo.... Mind you its skillet (A christian band) But still screamo. I wear hot topic clothes yet I'm very deep into my faith. Anyway..... My gifts are different. I have the gift of Music and of Helping. I also seem to know when others are in pain, either emotional physical or spiritual pain. so I don't really have a conection to the spirit thing.....
User Image

I love Skillet.
Yeah I have been told that not a lot of people have the spirit gift thing...
It's cool that you can in a way sense peoples pain, it's also cool that you try to help them.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:59 pm
I just thought listening to that type of music would influence a person's thoughts. I'll take your words for it.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:33 pm
A Lonely Leaf
I just thought listening to that type of music would influence a person's thoughts. I'll take your words for it.
User Image

Not necessarily. There is good and bad in everything.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

*Rewind*
Ok when I was little I could see black shadows everywhere and then I could also see white figures.
When my brother came around so would the black shadows, my brother is very much lost and is heavy into drugs. He has also meddled with witchcraft.
Anyway when he came so did the black shadows, I would go to sleep These black things would torment me.

Now when I went to my grandma's, she is a big believer in Christ I would see white figures in her house and they would be really comforting and sometimes I could hear this wonderful music, I cant explain it but it was really peaceful.

I just recently started to go to Church, I have been a Christian, but i wasn't really into it, however that has changed. I am also saved and hopefully i can get Baptized soon.

I talked to my class teacher about the matter and he said that I have the gift of Distinguishing Between Spirits.

User Image

That is awesome that you found your gift. My question is how do you know you cast out three demons? I admit I am a new Christian so I do not understand. Can you explain please?  

Christmas Spirit Faerie

SilverInk Awakening

1,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:56 pm
Testicular Diabetes
A Lonely Leaf

User Image

I wear black clothes ( mainly shirts ) and listen to rock music, I don't listen to dark lyrics though.
Looks can be very deceiving.

User Image

I have the gift to see sprits. Although my range differs, I see some shadow images, some angelic images, and sometimes just people that are there but notreally. It gets kinda creepy sometimes. I also have other gifts though, I have a heavy music gift, as well as prophecy, and teaching. I also wear black and listen to rock, my fav two bands are Fireflight and Evanescence, they are like complete opposites though, lol. I love God and won't put anything before him, so you are right when you say "looks can be very decieving" I also have a mohawk, so peoples tend to judge me by my looks all the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:12 am
Shiny Sunshine Sparkles
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

*Rewind*

User Image

That is awesome that you found your gift. My question is how do you know you cast out three demons? I admit I am a new Christian so I do not understand. Can you explain please?
User Image

Well when you are saved you have an authority over demons, and when they start messing with you or if you see them just say " In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave." And they will have to leave. They can not hurt you either because Jesus protects you.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 pm
A Lonely Leaf

I am gothic, emo, or whatever else you want to call me. I wear black clothes, and listen to music about death, regret, and whatever you deem as 'depressing.'
That does NOT mean i am not a Christian.
I am a Christian and the way i dress does not change that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:51 pm
I always had a hard time believing people now a day can see spirits. It's just....i don't know. I know God gives us all gifts. And you sound sincere, and i don't mean this in any bad way, but i just don't see how it all connects together.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
I always had a hard time believing people now a day can see spirits. It's just....i don't know. I know God gives us all gifts. And you sound sincere, and i don't mean this in any bad way, but i just don't see how it all connects together.
User Image

There are some verses about it in Corinthians.
They talk about the different gifts.

There are people who say that they can see spirits and do witchcraft, that's just the devil mocking you. I'm not like that.
I don't condone such acts. I just go abou my day and sometimes I see them.
It's not a constant thing. It's only when do something bad or there is something bad in my house, like a spell book.
A person in my house does witchcraft, white magic rolleyes I think it invites them in sometime.

*I wont say who does it due to privacy reasons.

User Image

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff