Watch, Rinse, Repeat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 pm
Although I have a decent-sized collection of movies, I find myself sitting here watching Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist for what must be the 10th time.

There are some movies I own that I can watch over and over again without hating them.

Donnie Darko, Mean Girls, Hackers, Strike!, 10 Things I Hate About You, Real Genius, Alice in Wonderland (the Disney cartoon version), Aladdin, Bring it On, Saved!, any of the Resident Evil movies, all the Star Wars movies, and X-Men 1, 2, and 3.

They aren't all necessarily my favourite movies; there are actually lots of films I liked better that I have only seen once or twice. For the most part, they're just mindless escapism.

So, guildies. What movies (if any) do you still enjoy after repeated viewings?
What is it about them that makes them enjoyable, even on the nth time you're watching it?
Are there any movies you used to like, but now can't stand after having watched them so many times?
Are there any movies that you can practically quote word for word?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm
Hmm, movies I can watch over and over? Pretty much anything animated. Mostly Disney stuff....
I think cartoons are the only ones that I'll actually put in to watch over and over.
I can quote a few of 'em too.

But for movies on TV, if Jurassic Park is on, odds are I'll watch it. Or LOTR.
Same goes for The Princess Bride, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Goonies, and any other movie I liked a lot as a kid.

Nostalgia value seems to make it all worth it every time.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
You may be on to something. A lot of the movies I listed are movies that I associate with either childhood, or good memories as a teenager.

As an example, Strike is a movie that I watched with a bunch of friends when I was like...12 or 13. I think we must have rented it like 20 times for various movie parties.

And I completely forgot about it until sometime last year, when I downloaded it and rewatched it and remembered why I hearted it to begin with.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:46 pm
Movies I can watch a million times... Probably Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, O Brother Where Art Thou?, the new Sherlock Holmes movie, The Illusionist, and The Prestige. The first two of those, I can recite word for word.

I couldn't really say why I like them so much :/

EDIT

After thinking about it, I probably like the first two because they're memorable and fun, and the last three because I try and find all the clues/things I hadn't noticed previously each time I watch them.  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

pickle relish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:35 pm
I can actually watch pretty much anything over and over again, as long as I like it. The ones I watch most often are V for Vendetta and LotR.
I watch musicals and Disney movies a ton, too, although usually I sing along with those. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:24 pm
Oh! I bought a few of these about a month ago. I found some movies for $2 each, so I grabbed the ones that I knew I'd want to watch over and over.

My list includes:

Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Talledega Nights
South Park Movie
Deathproof  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 pm
The Princess Bride, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Beauty and the Beast, the Shreks, 27 Dresses, and Leap Year.

And my newest LOVE movie being Despicable Me. Must buy when it comes out on DVD!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 pm
It's not a movie, but my roommates and I are rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for what must be the 5th time.

I think we all can practically recite the first season line for line. sweatdrop  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Aidensnumberonefan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm
10 Things I Hate About You- mostly because of Heath Ledger is why I can watch it over and over again
Howl's Moving Castle- I just absolutely love this film and the book.
She's The Man- is still funny every time I watch it.
and i'm not sure of others but these are three that I actually watch like all the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:04 pm
Sword of the Stranger is one of the best movies I've seen. The final fight was just so damn good and is one of the best fights I've seen in any media. The music is perfect during the whole thing.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:06 pm
Aidensnumberonefan
10 Things I Hate About You- mostly because of Heath Ledger is why I can watch it over and over again
Howl's Moving Castle- I just absolutely love this film and the book.
She's The Man- is still funny every time I watch it.
and i'm not sure of others but these are three that I actually watch like all the time.

As much as I like Heath Ledger, I liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt and David Krumholtz even better in that movie. Larry Miller, who played Mr. Stratford, was really funny, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:53 pm
Omg, I remember watching Strike with you! Was like with you and Krista and Courtney and Candice and Kyle and Jordan...Good memories.

Hmmm, I can watch Center Stage over and over and over and over and not hate it.

PixiecuTT

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff