Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] City Center Cynosure [Hymm + Eloise]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:57 am
The soft thud of the door shutting behind her caused a smile to dance across Eloise's face. Taking a moment to relish in the moment of being outside, she smoothed nonexistent wrinkles out of her long skirt before making her way towards the center of town. She wanted to check out the notice board before making her way down to the docks to pick up some fresh fish for dinner.

Eloise wasn't often able to make it to the events posted but she did oh, so enjoy keeping up on the gossip. Between knowing which women were quickly aging their way into spinsterhood, and the newest objects for sale (most of which she couldn't afford), the young woman felt she could comfortably live vicariously through her fellow townsmen. Whenever she made her way out into town, she made sure to stop by the board.

A soft, tuneless hum escaped from her as she skirted her way to the board and scanned it for information regarding the latest 'fish festival'. She hadn't personally attended, but she had gone into town the day after it finished and found a curious little bottle carelessly left behind from it. She'd quickly shoved it in her basket and brought it back with her, hoarding it in her room. Now she was just quickly catching up to make sure no one was looking for it, since then. So far, she'd seen no evidence of someone missing it, and she was convinced in a few days time it would well and truly be hers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Pushing a pair of heavy coats down the metal rack the unmasked siren looked carefully at the hanging objects. A few of the heavier jackets had been misplaced on the shelf he was looking at (which happened to be filled with t-shirts). Stretching to lift a few of the top shelf hangers from the rack he examined them closely before replacing them with a nod. He had felt as if he had been entitled to treating himself to a small gift after everything that had gone on.

Bending over the dust plucked up a small bag that had been leaning against his foot as he stood examining the clothing. He had only found one thing of interest today, a small 'key chain' that an older gentleman had been selling street side. Hymn had been promised that it brought luck to whomever the pair to the keychain was shared with. So, Hymn would have to find a friend or partner to share it with.

Letting the small bag slide down around his wrist the dust ran a hand mindlessly through his hair and undid a few of the tangles before he managed to maneuver his way out of the shop.

Sable had been his last companion when he went shopping on the strip, and since than it seemed as if he had been to busy to catch some time away. If he had free time, he was occupying himself with some guardian or dust. It seemed inevitable. Hymn would never find any clothing other than his normal or casual that he already possessed.

Pulling a strand of fallen hair from his face the dust looked longingly at the other shops until he found place on a single empty bench facing the central water fountain. His shopping would resume after a rest

Kanove

Ephemeral Hope

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:04 am
Eloise spent a few moments scanning the board. When nothing screamed at her about her discovery, a pleased grin danced onto her face as she turned and quickly made her way out of the small crowd that surrounded the board. Her prize was hers to keep for another day. Not that she, exactly, knew what her prize was. She was just pleased as a peach that it was hers to keep. It was, after all, a lovely little bottle.

Emerging from the small crowd, the woman's eyes locked onto a male not far from the water fountain. He had an odd expression on his face as he looked around at the shops, before finally, he turned and sat down on an empty bench. Eloise wondered if he was lost. Should she offer her help?

She wasn't entirely sure, but she felt herself cautiously making her way towards him anyways. There was something compelling about him, something that seemed to naturally draw her in. And who was she, really, to ignore her instincts? After all, wasn't there an adage about women and their instincts? Intuition?

Sucking up the last visages of doubt, she scurried over to the bench and hovered awkwardly in front of the boy for a few moments. Clearing her throat, she tried to offer a welcoming smile. "I'm sorry, but are you lost?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 pm
He hadn't heard or even acknowledged the approach of Eloise. If anything the siren had been attempting to blend into the passing crowd as he rested. He wasn't angered by the approach, if anything, he welcomed it. Hymn had not been bothered by any one lately and it left him with this displaced feeling, something he blamed on having continuing to live alone these past few months.

Raising his head to examine the individual he saw a fairly nice looking lady before him. He instantly nodded, "No ma'am, I know right where I am at." His reply was sweet and welcoming, instead of the normal curtness he normally greeted people with. Traditionally Hymn was a welcoming individual to dusts, and not to guardians or normal individuals.

He didn't trust most humans after the past incidents between Sojo and himself years ago. Allowing the thoughts to simmer on the back-burner of his mind he looked at Eloise. She looked like a sweet individual, and considerably more kind than most of the humans he had encountered in the past.

"Please, take a seat, I do not mean to keep you standing,"he offered, scooting over on the wide bench. There was plenty room for two and with the crowd as it was, Hymn was attempting not to stand up and join back in the hustle. That was the last thing he wanted.

"What made me look lost?" he asked as his body relaxed and leaned back.

Kanove

Ephemeral Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm
Eloise felt the blood rush to her face when the stranger she'd approached confirmed he knew exactly where he was. Oh dear, Aveh. I just made a complete fool of myself. Despite the stranger's warmth, the woman couldn't help but find herself mortified. Once again, she'd managed to create a faux pas or two, in a matter of seconds in her new home. Not only had she approached a perfect stranger, but she managed to assume wrong about him.

"Oh..." She squeaked out, shuffling her feet awkwardly. Moving her basket from one arm to the other, she adjusted her weight uncomfortably, before finally settling down to the proffered seat. "Uhmm...thank you." She murmured, while nodding her head.

Part of her bemoaned the fact she had sat down. Now she was tucking in for a conversation. How angry would her mistress be with her, for not coming back in a timely manner?

After a moment of mental debate, Eloise decided a few minutes here or there wouldn't truly matter in the scheme of things, and if she could struggle her way through her embarrassment, a new friend in a new place could be a welcomed change.

"Uhmm," Why had she thought he was lost again? Oh yeah. "The...uhmm...I saw you looking at the stores. With...a look. I look at the stores like that sometimes, when I'm trying to figure out where I'm going. Or at least I, uhmm, think I look at the stores that way." She obviously didn't look at the stores that way if she'd managed to misread his body language so badly. Oh, Aveh, help me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 pm
He smiled at his bench-guest. Hymn had found himself enjoy other company more so nowadays than he used too; so he had no problem making room and allowing the other to take a seat.

He nodded in response to her gratitude instead of saying anything. Nothing right now would strike as curious or be of relevance, so he kept his mouth sealed. His hands were pressed to his lips in a scrutinizing manner as he solemnly looked over the shops.

The dust had almost drifted into his own world until he was jarred from his thoughts by her statement. He listened and noted everything she said with a silent not. After all, a siren did not speak as much as it sung- and lately a tune had rarely escaped his lips. Pulling his hands from his mouth the dust turned and fact the others before giving a weird look to the shops.

"You say I look at them weird, yet I only know this as weird."he smirked as an eyebrow twitched. The siren could not control it individually, so with a small laugh he ended his attempt at humor and returned his attention to the shops.

"I am trying to find a place of interest to go shopping, for some new clothes or items to put in my home."he noted duly. His golden pupils scanned the line of shops before turning around a corner and watching them vanish in the distance. He, personally, had no experience or clue what half the shops were or what they consisted of. He guessed after his consult or meeting with any female he might know something different.

That was what he hoped would be the case.

Shaking his head he turned back and extended a friendly hand, "I forgot, my name is Hymn. Pardon me for not introducing myself sooner."

Kanove

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff