Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Lack of respect and others :<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Colonel Gabrielle

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 am
I can't comply with 2 commandments from the 10 commandments.

"You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not acquit anyone who misuses his name."

I just can't make myself stop, there are times I feel like I have to say it out, when I'm surprised, angry, etc.
Isn't there anything else I could say instead of it?

"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you."

This is mostly because I am teacher, but I can't look at them with the same respect I used to, I often talk back. What do I do?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Pray and get into his word BIG time. I wasn't exactly too good on the whole honoring my parents part either, but once I started praying that he would help me, my relationship with my parents got much better. ^_^

As for using his name in vain...sometimes at those times that you say you do that I say "fudge" or "Holy cookies" or something stupid like that. XD I heard though that's still kinda bad, because you have the same idea in mind, that's why I've been trying to cut back on that. Just whenever you get to those moments: pray, repeat the verse to yourself, get to a radio and play some uplifting music, or repeat anything else to yourself that you think may help. Sometimes I repeat to myself "Temple of the Lord", because since we are the temple of the Lord, that should make us more not want to do anything bad or against his word. ^_^

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm
    Taking the Lord's name in vain:
    I still struggle with this one from time to time but with Jesus' help, I am much better then before I was a Christian.
    I began consciously telling people not to take the Lord's name in vain around me. Yeah, they look at me funny but it helped more than I thought it would.

Honoring parents:
    This is tough for myself. I am pretty much the only Christian in my family and my parents are.....very hateful and bitter, to put it shortly. They often don't understand why I do certain thinks or how I think about things. It leads to exploding arguments often times.

I have learned that I fail horribly at relationships. I need Jesus for this. I am still learning to lean on Him for this area in my life.

My advice for both presented issues is to pray pray pray.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 pm
try to say gods name when your happy instead of blaming him when your mad

and i struggle with talking back to
but i am working on it
its hard  

digital_kobraX

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:45 am
Is screaming, "OMG!" when you're surprised/upset/happy taking the Lords name in vane as well?

I do that a lot.
But it has become so distorted that it doesn't have the same meaning anymore.
That's the only thing I do.
I think screaming Jesus Christ every time you're mad is pushing it a little bit too much, hehe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:25 pm
Green_Fuu
Is screaming, "OMG!" when you're surprised/upset/happy taking the Lords name in vane as well?

I do that a lot.
But it has become so distorted that it doesn't have the same meaning anymore.
That's the only thing I do.
I think screaming Jesus Christ every time you're mad is pushing it a little bit too much, hehe.

Depends on what you spell out the acronymn "OMG" to...I shout it some times, but I spell it out to be "Oh my gosh".  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces