Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the pattern right?
  Yes, it's easy when you know it!
  No, I got drenched!
View Results

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
f i r s t x y e a r x h u f f l e p u f f ✶
h u f f l e p u f f x c o m m o n x r o o m ✶
m e x a u g u s t i nx a n d x h u f f l e p u f f s ✶
w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron smiled widely at Augustin's seeming approval. He hadn't told her to go away so he could return to his studying yet, so she figured they were like, basically, best friends. And he was answering her questions, which probably meant they were super best friends. She waited patiently when Augustin paused to think, excited to be asked rather than to ask. "No magic...or no technology" Saffron pursed her lips, that was difficult, wasn't it? She didn't want to think about living in a world without both, but since she had decide, she thought of her dad before speaking. "I guess...I guess I'd say no magic. Because, you know, muggles can live without it. My dad managed so I think I could. What about you?" Saf asked, turning the question on him. She wasn't sure of his blood status, but she knew a lot of pureblood families would not have made the same decision as her. She was curious about his opinion and the opinions of her classmates. Saffron might just have to ask a few people the same question later.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Studious
xLocation: Hufflepuff Common Room
xWith: Saffron
xStatus: Single

Augustin couldn't fathom a world without magic, since the most technological device the family had was a stove that was connected to a gas line. They'd had to pay a Muggle to run the gas line back when his father was younger and his grandfather had thought that was the most reprehensible thing imaginable. Of course, he was obliviated after running the line and the company that provided the gas as well, so they received it for free. But everything else in the house was done with magic. They even had a hired House Elf to clean for them. They possessed no technology. So, after she answered the question, Augustin spent a few moments trying to understand what a world without magic would be like. Finally, he responded to her question. "Sorry, I was trying to fathom a world without magic. I simply couldn't. I would easily give up technology. My family only possesses one piece of Muggle technology, a stove. We do everything else with magic." He wondered, based on her answer, what her blood status was. Not that it mattered to him. Unlike his father and siblings, he didn't feel that blood status meant anything. One of the greatest witches of all time was a Muggleborn, so why did it matter?

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:52 pm
User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron nodded, "That makes sense. My parents try and make sure we have an even balance of both, just in case something were to happen. Although, I'm not even entirely sure what...maybe just so that Forrest and I had the knowledge? I don't know," she shrugged. It made sense to here, although it annoyed her to no end when her mom refused to use magic to help her speed up mundane chores. But also, she couldn't imagine life without technology, they washed their dishes with a dishwasher and cooked on a stove and used a radio to listen to music and watched the television for entertainment. Life seemed like it would be a tenfold harder if it weren't for muggle technology."Okay...next question: would you rather start a colony on another planet or be the leader of a small country here on Earth?" To be honest, she wasn't entirely sure of her answer. Saf was sure she would be good at whatever she put her mind to but...did becoming a leader of a small country mean she was now royalty? Because the rules of royalty were a bit much in her opinion.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:16 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

A balance of both technology and magic at home might indicate a halfblood family or Muggleborn parents at the very least. He supposed he could always ask her, though most people considered that to be a rude question. Although, for Saffron, it might just seem normal. She seemed to ponder something before asking if he'd rather start a colony of take the leadership of a small country on Earth. As someone who hoped to Minister of Magic one day, he had counter questions to her. "Before I answer, I need some more details. Does this country already have infrastructure to sustain itself or will I be responsible for that? Also, did I come into power democratically, or through a military coup? Because that would dictate the will of the people and I'd rather not have a populous that either fears or hates me." His father might actually be proud of that question, were it asked by his brother Reginald. Augustin's desire to be Minister of Magic stemmed entirely from upsetting Reggie and earning his father's admiration and love. In truth, Augustin couldn't actually picture himself as a head of government, but he wouldn't admit that, even to himself. He had to be the best to earn his father's respect.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 pm
User Image

w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

"Democratically, we don't want anyone killed over us." she said. Well, she didn't want anyone killed to get her into a position of power and Saffron hoped he felt the same. Dying seemed a bit much for anything to be worth it. But then again, she had seen somewhere that things worth living were also things worth dying, so she wasn't quite sure what she thought about it yet. "I think the colony on another planet would be cool, but I think I would get homesick. It'd probably take too long to get there and back to visit very often, if at all. So maybe I'd pick a small country? That way I could still have friends and family visitation," Saffron decided with a nod. Still, she wanted to hear Augustin's choice and reasoning. He had a different perspective from her on most of the things they've discussed so far, so it didn't seem likely that this would be any different.

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:45 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Augustin nodded when Saffron said it was a democratic election that brought him to power, then listened to her explanation as to why she'd prefer leading a small country. "I would prefer a small country, with an established infrastructure system. It would be a lot more efficient than trying to build from the ground up. Also, with an established government, I wouldn't have much work delegating tasks to appropriate government offices." His answer was textbook from a government lesson textbook and lacked the imagination that Saffron's had. He cleared his throat and said, "Sorry, that was very textbook and lacking in imagination. Um..." He didn't want her to think he was all text and no fun, but after that answer... well, he didn't sound very imaginative. An idea came to mind and he could hear his father telling him it was a bad idea. Reaching out, he closed his books. "Want to show me what one of your missions is like?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

Summer II

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:07 pm
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

muggleborn │ fifth year │ hufflepuff prefect

Abby stepped into the cozy, warm common room, hands on her hips as she surveyed the first years like an explorer. "So this is our common room," she indicated the comfortable, faded furniture, plush rugs, and constant presence of plants. "Yes, it gets kind of hot sometimes, but better too hot than too cold, right? You could be stuck in some drafty tower or in the actual dungeons. Anyways, boys' rooms are to the left, girls to the right. You should probably get to bed right about now, since tomorrow is the first day of classes. Professor Shoichet, our Head of House, will pass out everyone's schedules at breakfast, so don't sleep in and skip it, or you'll be completely lost. Good night!" That last bit was somewhat pointed, since she really didn't want to answer twenty questions right now. Slumping down into an armchair, she blew a few locks of hair out of her face and grimaced at Parker. "Great. Now we have never have to do that again, right? I heard they only make the newbies do it. I can see why. Ergh, we had to walk so slow for their little legs to keep up!" She always forgot how tiny most eleven year olds really were. Weird.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Summer II

Trickblues

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 pm
User Image
                                                    Well it's too long living in the same old lives
                                                    I feel too cold to live, too young to die
                                                    Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose
                                                    Just forget the wit, it's the best to use

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Hᴜꜰꜰʟᴇᴘᴜꜰꜰ Pʀᴇꜰᴇᴄᴛ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Fɪꜰᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Parker flopped onto a couch, groaning like he was fifty instead of fifteen. Honestly he was pretty sure that Abby was right, and that the older prefects hoisted off the first year duties either as a cruel brand of hazing or just because they were lazy. He wasn't sure which yet, and he was certain he didn't want to find out. Maybe next term he'd be polite and take up the slack to give the new prefects a break. Or he'd be just as cruel as their predecessors and make them take the firsties. He wasn't sure which yet. "I'm convinced it's to punish us for being annoying snot-nosed brats when we were first years. Lord knows I was." He frowned, thinking that thought over. "Still am. In any case, we're done with that, now it's long nights of lost sleep where we struggle to study for exams while dying from sleep deprivation. Sure-fire way to drive anyone insane, guaranteed."

════════════════════════

Location: Hufflepuff Common Room
                                                    Thinking: Ugh, can we not do that again, ever?
                                                    OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I lost my mind, in the city of lights
                                                    In the backstreets buildings and the neon lights
                                                    When I heard the thunder, I could feel the rain
                                                    It's the same to me, just a different name

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:56 am
It's Friday I'm in love

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

Abby scoffed. "Oi, speak for yourself. I was a perfect angel at age eleven." Okay, maybe not quite, but she was still pretty sure she'd been a hell of a lot better behaved than Lil at that age. Of course, Abby had never been the most well-behaved either, but she figured she'd avoided trouble because she'd been a lot less dramatic and shady about it than her... somewhat high-strung older sister. Lil did tend to overreact. A lot. "You could be a bit more cheerful," she snorted as he went on about going mad from sleep deprivation. "Only two years left! And no exams next year! Only... ten exams for me..."

It sunk in as she said it aloud and she groaned again, this time into a conveniently placed pillow. When she roused herself from that position, she blinked in surprise to see Lena coming into the common room as well. "What, miss us already?" she teased. Her friend went a bit pink as she slouched onto the same armchair as Abby, practically on top of her. "It was so boringgggggg after all the first years leave," the short girl groused. "Besides, I was kind of hoping you guys got lost on the way here from nerves or something," she snickered.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

It's Friday I'm in love

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am
User Image

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Parker smirked as Abby mentioned being a perfect angel. Well, he didn't know her that well, but she probably had a point there. He just knew that he wasn't going to pretend that he wasn't a giant pain in every prefect's arse. However, he nodded along as she stated that they only had two years left after this one, and he had to admit, he was glad of it. Not that he didn't like school, he just didn't like the idea of having to wring his brain during exam time. "You've got a point there. Still, I'm sure my brain's going to be fried by the time we graduate. Good thing after that we've got whatever kind of training we're gonna have when we go into the big bad workforce and then that's it. No more of that."

He looked up as another person joined them, recognizing Ilene and waving at her. "Aw, we missed you too! Especially when all he had were a bag of cats to keep us company." He then snorted as Lena mentioned them getting lost. "How could we? The kitchens could have led us down here. All we'd have to do is follow our noses. Which..." He considered his statement and grinned. "Technically me and Abby have full access to go to the kitchens whenever we want. Don't know about you two, but I am fully willing to abuse that power."

════════════════════════

OOC:

-◎-

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 pm
It's Friday I'm in love

User Image
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

Abby rolled her eyes. "Don't jinx it, mate. You could end up writing incident reports or something. Or doing inventory somewhere!" She still wasn't really sure what kind of career she wanted, so long as it didn't involve her sitting behind a desk in some stuffy office for most of the day. She'd probably go crazy. Part of the reason why she loved Hufflepuff so much was because most of her housemates also enjoyed being outdoors and active. She didn't necessarily hate all of her schoolwork, it just wasn't the most... engaging... of material. Okay, so a lot of it was really, really dull.

Lena laughed aloud when Parker mentioned the kitchens, making eye contact with Abby and grinning like a cat. "You mean there's a rule against going into the kitchens when you're not a prefect? Boy, Abs and I must have missed that one in the code of conduct. Whoops," she elbowed Abby teasingly, who almost pushed her off the chair. "I mean, it's not like we're hurting anyone by being down there. The house elves like the company! So long as we don't get in their way, anyways. Plus, we're basically testing free samples," she shrugged. "I don't see the problem."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

It's Friday I'm in love

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Parker groaned as Abby mentioned that he could be stuck doing paperwork. Eww. He'd rather pass on that sort of thing, thank you very much. It was about as bad as having to to write up papers for school. At least his bullshite-fu was strong. He hoped it was, anyway. "Ugh, that'll just kill me. Can you imagine, being stuck inside all day doing that? I don't know of anyone that likes doing paperwork except for people that absolutely love writing the most boring things imaginable."

He was already shaking his head and snorting to himself with a grin when Lena asked about already breaking that rule. "To be honest, I dunno if we're allowed in there or not as it is. I was figuring me and Abby could be the main purveyors of kitchen treats after curfew. Maybe even start a black market of baked goods. A sickle per pastry! We'd be rich within a week." Parker grinned as he considered the other part of her statement. "Psh, if we were really hurting people, I'm sure it would have been noticed centuries ago. Besides, the house elves love it, so if we do start our business of filched foods, I don't think they'd mind. They cook better than my dad, in any case."

════════════════════════

OOC:

-◎-

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
Stella Connelly
Fifth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Fifteen Year Old - Pureblood

Step Sister

Location : Basement - Hufflepuff Entrance → Hufflepuff Common Room

Stella lead the group down the passageway and into a round room lit with a cozy golden feel. Home sweet home. The fifth year was glad to be back. “Welcome to the Hufflepuff common room.” She said spinning around to address the small group. “This is where you’ll probably spend quite a bit of time. Boy’s dormitory is on the left and girl’s dormitory is on the right.” She explained gesturing to each door. “You’ll find all your things in your dorms.” She added with a smile.

“Classes start in the morning, so you best get some sleep.” Stella finished before finding herself a spot on the sofa. She’d had a long day and it would be even longer tomorrow. Classes would begin and the work would start. She’d have to figure out some way to work in studying and everything else. Stella wasn’t looking forward to it or at least not all of it.

Status : Did it... Calm and Relaxed (for the most part)
                                            Company : Hufflepuffs First years

OOC : - - -

Rawwry
                                            Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                            Cold Doubt
                                            Yukina101
                                            Cara MiaKitty

My dear girl, I think your mother would be quite proud
                                                                          tab tab You've a good heart, and a sharp mind
                                                                          .Now then, I think you'll find yourself right at home in
                                                                          tab tab tab tab tab _ Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC

▬▬"I bought a big bag of potatoes, and it's growing eyes like crazy."▬▬

As the first years entered, Yukon gestured around the common room. "Welcome to our ap-peel-ing common room, you can just see the fun in our eyes. People may say Hufflepuff isn't a great house, but I disagree, it's one of the best. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate. Just remember Stay calm and sat potato, if that doesn't work, keep calm and eat potatoes. I am a Potato, and Eye believe in you. You can do great at school and in life, and Hogwarts will make it so." He grinned, all the puns he just made, they were the best. He was pulling out all the stoppers for these guys. He hoped it would make them feel at ease.

He gestured toward each area where the dormitory's were as he spoke, "You'll find all your posessions in your rooms already, it's pretty cool how they've already found their home. Girl's dormitory is on the right, and the boy's dormitory is on the left. If you find need of anyone at any point, do not hesitate to ask help from a fell Huffletater. We don't mind being bothered at any point. Classes start tomorrow morning, so I leave you with this, Good Night, sleep Tot, all of my little huffletaters" He went and sat down, being available for any kids that might need some help adjusting this first night, besides, he would be fine without much sleep... or could sleep out in the common room. This, al went better than expected.

▬▬"Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see."▬▬

OOC: Hope you enjoyed

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:31 pm
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle |

Jane made her way back to the Hufflepuff common room. Joe headed straight for the dorms with a tired ”Goodnight”, but Jane flopped on the couch. ”Man, I’m beat! I miss Winter Break already!”

She looked around at her familiar dorm mates and recognized Simon, her older metamorphmagus friend. ”Hello! how are you?” she signed, eager to practice her sign language, but talking out loud just in case her signing was wrong.”Oh we learned...a new magic..new s-p-e-l-l today,” she said, fingers fumbling for the right word and defaulting to spelling out the word.

Excited to share the fruits of Charms class, Jane whipped her wand out and touched the tip to her hair. ”Colorvaria!” She said, turning her hair a bright blue. ”Tada! I was excited to show you because now I can...now I can be like a m-e-t-a-m-o-...now I can be like you!” she explained, reverting back to spoken words. Hopefully Simon would appreciate the color company.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas