Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the riddle right?
Yes, it was really easy!
56%
 56%  [ 45 ]
No, I got locked out D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I guessed and I got in O.o
30%
 30%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 79

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 am
User Image
                                                  User Image

You wander up the staircase to the fifth floor, looking around as you do. You spot what you were looking for and make your way towards a spiral staircase. You climb up it, trailing your hand across the stone as you ascend. When you finally reach the top, you are faced with a door lacking a doorknob and keyhole. The only thing on this bare door is a bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle.

You gently touch it.

"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears.
                                                  I have no body, but I come alive with wind.
                                                  What am I?"

You jump when it speaks. When you've collected yourself, you calmly recite the answer.

"An echo."

The door swings open and you venture inside to a circular room in which there is a midnight blue carpet. This room is airy and feels roomier than the other Common Rooms. There are arched windows which are draped with soft, blue silks and a domed ceiling painted with stars. Outside the windows, you can see the mountains clearly and you gaze at those before you turn your attention to the furniture of the room. There are chairs, bookcases, and tables at which to work at. Everything is colored either blue or bronze, which are your House colors.

There is a door which leads to both the girls dorms and boys dorms. The staircase splits halfway up; girls go left, boys go right. Any boy who tries to get to the girls' dorms will go up an endless flight of stairs, not making any progress upward.

Beside the door to the dorm staircase, is the tall statue of Rowena Ravenclaw made of white marble.

There is also a bulletin board which students may post announcements, report lost items, school notices, ads, and etc. upon.

Please be sure to think about the answer to the riddle before you say it so that you're not locked out! Those who answer incorrectly will be locked out until another student answers the riddle correctly.

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
                                                  If you've a ready mind,
                                                  Where those of wit and learning,
                                                  Will always find their kind."

-The Sorting Hat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 pm
User Image

Aleyra made her way from the girl's dormitory down the spiral staircase into the common room, but it was once again empty.
"I wonder why no one is here", she said. confused
She looked around the wide, circular room, seeing the many furnished chairs, tables and bookcases. Next to the door leading to the dormitories she finally noticed the marble statue of Rowena Ravenclaw. Slowly she moved over to the statue, and put her hand on Rowena's.

"Please Rowena, May this year be filled with happiness and learning", she said. Not knowing why, Aleyra then looked up at the domed ceiling and noticed that it was painted with stars. She looked up at them in wonder. She stared at the ceiling for a while, then made her way to the midnight blue sofa next to the fireplace. She then began waiting for someone else to arrive in the common room.  

StarfireEspo

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:51 pm
User Image

Xenos walked calmly into the common room. Defense against the Dark Arts class was good, he thought he could actually like that teacher. She seemed interesting. Moving across the room to a window he hopped up on the edge taking a seat on the cool stone. Looking out across the grounds he felt a smile slide across his face. Xenos was so glad he was in a house with a view. He couldn't imagine being in a place without one. Closing his eyes, the young wizard tried to relax till his next class.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari wondered into the common room feeling stupid again. She had missed her first DADA class. She sighed. "Well there is nothing I can do about that now." she said to know no one particular. At least the classes yesterday hadn't been too bad, except flying. She shook her head, no more thoughts about that, she told herself. Hikari looked around, there was a boy by the window, she wondered over to him. "Hi." she said hesitantly.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 pm
User Image

Xenos had been a little lost in his day dream and almost didn't hear the soft voice that spoke to him. Looking up, his eyes glanced over her briefly and Xenos knew he hadn't met her yet. After all her name wasn't coming to mind. "Hello miss. Is there something I can help you with?" He asked with a tiny smile on his face.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari smiled shyly back. Why had she gone over to him again.. oh yeah she had wanted to talk someone. "Oh no, it's nothing," She said quietly, hoping that her American accent wouldn't cause a fuse. "I just wanted to talk to someone I guess. My name is Hikari Spronken by the way." If he wanted to tell her his name that was fine but she was not going to push it. She could feel herself want to become smaller and smaller.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:05 pm
User Image

"Hikari? That's a nice name. I'm Xenos." He said standing and holding his hand out to her. "Xenos da Vinci, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Spronken. You're a first year too right? I didn't see you in class." Xenos continued calmly. She seemed nice, if a bit meek. Idely he noted her accent wasn't from around here, probably from across the ocean. He'd have to ask later.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari blushed slightly and took his hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you too Xenos. Yeah I just missed class too. I hadn't meant to, things happened." So he was also a first year that was good. "Maybe you can help me catch up on what I missed." Hikari suggested. She really did not want to fall behind in class, the year had just started.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:36 pm
User Image

"Certainly. We are learning a defensive spell, expelliarmus. The professor said not to pratice it on anyone so if you wish we could go pratice somewhere and hope no one comes around the corner." Xenos offered totally willing to help. He did enjoy working on spells, and he needed to go practice. Maybe she'd be able to help him with the classes he missed yesterday.

((sorry I have to get off. Work tomorrow. I'll reply later!))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari nodded. "That would be great, I really don't want to fall behind so any help would be great. Thanks for helping me." She felt a bit better knowing that she had not missed too much. A spell like expelliarmus she could find in her text book and learn to do from what it said. Now that she knew what she had missed she felt better. This hopefully would not be too bad.
((Alright see you tomorrow then))

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Felitala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 am
Maisie Wood

Maisie waltzed down the spiral staircase. She had missed most of her first classes, trying to find the all. The school was so huge that she got lost so easy. But she had a horrible sense of direction anyway.
Maisie saw Kari by the window talking to another Ravenclaw, a boy. She waved at Kari and sat down in one of the chairs. Taking in her new home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 am
User Image
User Image

Hikari smiled brightly when she saw Maisie and waved back at her. It was great seeing a familiar face for once.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:22 pm
User Image

"It's not a problem, Miss Spronken. So shall we see if we can't find an empty hall to work in? Or maybe there might be an empty classroom...hm...probably should find a relatively closed off area so we don't hurt anyone." Xenos asked half in thought as he tried to figure out where would be best for them to practice in. He looked up when another entered the room and nodded lightly at them. "I didn't see your friend there either. She's welcome to join us if she wishes." He continued speaking half to Hikari and half to the newcomer.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:32 pm
Maisie Wood

Maisie heard boy and walked over to them. He looked nice, and sounded very polite.
"It would be my pleasure, but, I don't remember your name, I'm Maisie Wood." She smiled at the boy as she patiently waited for a reply.

((By the way my computer won't let me put pictures on here right now, so my replies might be a little boring for a while))  

Felitala

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:48 pm
User Image

"I don't believe I've given it to you. I'm Xenos da Vinci. Pleased to meet you." Xenos replied with a sort of bow to the black haired girl. "I'm more than willing to help, so the more the merrier. Now we just need to decided where is safest to practice." He said lightly crossing his arm in thought. They needed not only safe but somewhere they wouldn't get in trouble. That could be hard.  
Ravenclaw Common Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff