Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the riddle right?
Yes, it was really easy!
56%
 56%  [ 45 ]
No, I got locked out D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I guessed and I got in O.o
30%
 30%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 79

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 am
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“Me either, actually,” Jonah sighed, “Really, these curfews are dreadful. There’s just no time to go out and hunt down any magical creatures…” It was a shame, really. He would go look at home over the summer, but honestly, he’d already been there, done that. Nothing magical going on in Rye at all. If he could just get into the Forbidden Forest for an afternoon... ‘It might be worth becoming a prefect someday just to have free roam of the castle….’

Suddenly there was a fluffy little feline on his book, and this was officially the best day ever. He chuckled and gave Soot a few scratches behind the scruff. Sonora had asked how Kam was doing, and Jonah turned his attention to Iggy curiously. He had never personally spoken with Kam himself as their paths rarely crossed, but Sona always had nice things to say, and it was obvious how Iggy felt about his brother. They were more attached at the hip then he and Sonora were. “What’s Kam like? I know you two must be pretty similar, except instruments… Never talked to him though.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Spring 2043
Where // Common Room
With // Sona and Iggy
Feeling // Curious(And Loving Cats)
Thinking // I really need to meet him... It's nearly been a year.

OOC:
Sorry for the late reply! sad Hadn't been feeling well the past few days. Feel free to skip over me if I take too long!

Addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

"He's doing decent." Iggy said seeming sad momentarily. He should ask his friends advice. "Hey mind if I confide in you guys a bit?" He would make sure it was ok before continuing "Before school we were pretty certain what house we would be. But the sorting hat blew that out of the water. We figured i be in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff cause in social and stuff and Kam would be here in Ravenclaw cause he all studious and shy. We are worried the hat got us mixed up. Don't get me wrong I like you guys but I'm not sure I fit in the smart people house. Can the hat get it wrong?" Iggy confessed reaching to pet Soot who was belly up in Jonah's lap. Hopefully his friends can provide some guidence

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Trickblues
                                                              Addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah frowned at Iggy, concern clearly written on his face as he gently pet Soot. “You can confide to us about anything, Iggs, of course.” He listened carefully to the other boy’s predicament and nodded along, once he was done he leaned his head against the back of the couch and stared at the ceiling to think about it.

“Well… I’ve told you before where I stand on this, back when we first got sorted... Sure, for some people it’s obvious why they were sorted into their houses. Like… Vespera Salazar, she’s mischievous and cunning, and she’s got that blood status attitude that Slytherins typically had in like, the 1800’s, so of course she ended up there. And Alex Mason wound up in Hufflepuff because he’s kind and honest—though really, I was shocked he wasn’t in our house. Kid’s a bloody genius, but it still made sense.” Jonah shook his head, “But anyway, I don’t really think the hat always cares about all that, you know?” He looked over to him, shrugging his shoulders. “I thought I was going to be in Gryffindor, too, if not here. Got a legacy of it in my family, and the wizards in my family are known to be brave and a tad emotional, so it seemed like a natural fit. But I think the hat considers where each student might truly thrive the best... For example—and please don’t take any offense to this—you and Kam seem to be really…dependent upon each other, I guess would be the word. And that’s not bad at all, in fact it makes perfect sense because you’re twins, and you’ve never been apart before. But do you suppose the hat may have thought you needed to experience what you’re like on your own, as an individual...? Ravenclaw isn’t just smart kids. We’re creative, we’re eccentric, we’re artists! I personally think you fit in perfectly… You just need to have a little more confidence in yourself. And for Kam, well, maybe the hat chose the friendliest house in the school to help pull him out of that shy shell of his. Seems to me like the sorting hat had your best future interest at heart… Or, his figurative heart, anyway.” He turned his attention to Sonora, "Sona, what do you think?"

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Spring 2043
Where // Common Room
With // Iggy and Sona
Feeling // Concerned and Supportive
Thinking // I really hope he doesn't take that the wrong way...

OOC:
Addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Sonora nodded, sitting forward with attention at her friend's sad expression. She nodded along with what Iggy said, then with what Jonah thought. That all made sense, and she expressed as much when Jonah prompted her: "That's an interesting thought-- that the hat choses a house where each student could thrive in as much as one that they would fit in with. It makes our houses less about separating people by personality and more about what school environment it thinks we need to live up to whatever the hat sees as our best life...or something like that?"

She spoke slowly, still turning the thought around in her head and trying to draw up memories that might be useful. Her grandparents had made it sounds like a collection of personality, values and goals that contributed to the hat's decision. And even though she'd never seen Iggy as anything other than a fellow Ravenclaw, now that he mentioned it, she could imagine him in Gryffindor as easily as she could imagine Kam in Ravenclaw. She didn't know how it would be comforting, but maybe the thought would be helpful.

"As for whether the hat could possible get it wrong...maybe. But I like to think that we would have all been fine no matter which house we were in...the sorting hat's magic is just picking out which it thinks is the best one for us."

Kungfudemoness

Trickblues

could be brighter tomorrow.

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:05 am
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy listened thoughtfully. He was pretty dependent on Kam, he was a mess the first week of not sharing a space with Kam. The hat may still be loony but Jonah and Sonora had a point. Kam relied on Iggy for the making friends job of their duo and the hat put him in Hufflepuff to mabye help him make his own friends. He was here in Ravenclaw to help him not rely on Kam's smarts. Iggy knew if he studied he could go blow to glow in a trivia contest with Kam but perhaps the hat wanted him to try on his own. "That makes sense, kinda like that really tall kid in our year? He super friendly and nice, he seems an odd fit for Slytherin. Maybe the hat did the same?" Iggy said with a smirk. He was feeling better. He hoped he could convince Kam

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Trickblues
                                                              Addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Common Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Window Gazing
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wanna go home

Lee was sitting in the little sill of the window overlooking the forest... and beyond that, Hogsmeade. He loved being in Ravenclaw, and he even had to admit it was pretty neat to be in school, but he missed his family so bad it hurt. He wiped his eyes with his too-long sweater sleeve, wishing he was over there with his dads. He wasn't sure if it made it easier or harder being able to practically see his own house, but he knew it hurt. The blonde curled up a bit, wrapping his arms around his shins. His hair fell in his face as usual, but he didn't care enough to push it back. It wasn't like anyone ever took notice of him anyway, and given his propensity for injury, it seemed he was always in some state of dishevelment. He exhaled quietly, breath curling over the glass as he rested his head on the window. Maybe he could ask the Headmaster to let him go home... just for a little while even, because waiting for break was absolute torture.

addaellis

I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰᴀʀ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs sᴀʏɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ɪꜰ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Dᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ I'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ, ɴᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴅᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀɴ ᴜᴘʜɪʟʟ sʟᴏᴘᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏsᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ! Fᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪs ᴍᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜɪs ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:28 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

second year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quiddich || Dueling Club

Sonora wandered back into the Common Room, feeling strangely lonely-- it was probably her own fault, holing herself up in the music room all day. She sighed to herself and hugged her books tight. Last year she had started spending most of her free time either playing piano or studying because it distracted from being away from her parents. But then over the summer she missed her friends and...well, at least this was something she could fix now. She literally lived with Charlotte and Lara, and she had plenty of sheet music-excuses to spend time with Kam and Iggy and she was sure she could find Jonah and Vespera and even August now for anything. It was a start.

She glanced around the common room and started heading up to her dormitory when she noticed someone curled up alone by the windowsill. Aha, she recognized this first year.

"Hey Lee," Sonora greeted softly so as not to startle him. She hadn't talked to him much since the welcome feast and seemed to get the impression he'd preferred their post-it conversation over the din of the feast. With her own lonely thoughts fresh in her mind, she remembered now how Lee had mentioned that he didn't like being away from home himself. "Has everything been okay settling in? "

”Miss GryffindorK”

I am built with paper, made to soar in the sky.
I am always looking for an adventure.
It does not matter where the breeze will carry me.
I shall glide on along to see what there's to be.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:41 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sonora

Lee vaguely wondered if his parents were even at home, or if, perhaps, they'd taken to working more now that they didn't have him to watch. He wondered if they ever stared up at the castle missing him, or if he was just being a child about the whole mess. He heard someone say his name, though at a quiet decibel, perhaps not to startle him. He looked over, hastily wiping tears as he did so. He saw a familiar girl, but he felt bad he couldn't recall her name. Had they even met? Instead, he issued a tiny wave, though his hand was still hidden within his sleeve.

She asked if he'd been settling in alright, and he wasn't sure if he was supposed to do one of those polite lies, or if she was wanting the truth. Then again, lying wasn't in Lee's style because he could barely remember the truth, let alone keep track of nonsense. "Hones-nestly... no. I-I really miss ho-home." He looked at her, wondering if she'd think he was an arse for asking her name. She knew his, and he had no clue at all what hers could be. Maybe he'd just hope she said it at some point...

addaellis

I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰᴀʀ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs sᴀʏɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ɪꜰ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Dᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ I'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ, ɴᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴅᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀɴ ᴜᴘʜɪʟʟ sʟᴏᴘᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏsᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ! Fᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪs ᴍᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜɪs ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

At his admittance, Sonora set her books down and sat on the ground across the window from him.

"Would it help to talk about home?" she asked. Talking things through with her dad had been the custom at home. But throwing herself into familiar hobbies and meeting new people had ultimately been what helped her make Hogwarts a home. Having familiar habits like playing piano and spending the weekend reading novels had helped her feel better about being new at everything too. But what would those habits be for Lee? Now that she thought about it, she didn't really know anything about him, save he seemed a quiet sort and missed home. "Or would you rather be distracted?"

”Miss GryffindorK”

♫♪

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lee blinked when the girl asked if he wanted to talk about home. It was weird that someone wanted to talk to him... or was it normal? Maybe people that weren't awful at conversation. After a second, she offered another option, distraction. He glanced out the window and sighed before looking back at the brunette. "I-I miss my d-dads... th-they s-s-seem so fa-far away." He sniffled, curling up a little tighter. It had only been a couple weeks that he'd been away, but ever since he'd been adopted, he never went more than a handful of hours without seeing one or both of them. Sure, letters helped, but it was impossible to live here. "I-I ju-j-just wanna g-go home."

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:58 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

When she heard sniffles, Sonora scooted a little closer and patted Lee's back gently, hoping to give him some bit of comfort. He mentioned missing his dads and that made sense--when they couldn't leave campus, anywhere seemed far. And then he mentioned just wanting to go home... "Where is home?" she finally asked. "Was there anything you liked doing with your dads at home? Like--like a hobby?"

She stopped there, not sure if she was asking too many questions. She wanted to cheer her house-mate up, not interrogate the poor boy.

”Miss GryffindorK”

♫♪

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lee jumped a bit when he was pat on the back, but the girl seemed to be doing it as a friendly gesture, so he relaxed back, allowing her to continue if she so chose. She asked where home was and the blonde pressed his palm to the window, gazing outward. "R-right there. Ho-Hogsmeade V-village." In fact, he was pretty sure he could see the lights of his house off in the distance. After he replied, she asked if he had any hobbies with his dads. He ruffled a hand through his messy curls, debating an answer. "W-we like maths. A-and re-reading tog-gether." He sniffled a bit, wiping his teary eyes with his sleeve. What would they think if they saw him sobbing on the windowsill like this? Surely they'd understand... right?

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sonora pulled her hand away immediately when she noticed Lee flinch-- she hadn't been very physically affectionate either, and she didn't want to scare him at all. But then Jonah had gotten her used to hugs and now she loved them--that would be a thought for later. For now she just scoot closer but didn't touch the poor boy.

She followed his palm, and was surprised when he named Hogsmeade. "Oh." He could literally see home. No wonder he'd picked this window. But...he wouldn't be able to actually go home until Winter Break in a few months. She stared out the lights of Hogsmeade in the distance. Sonora only knew of the train station there. If that had been the lights of Winchester in the distance....

Math was something. But trying to calculate how easy it would be to literally stroll home was probably exactly what was hurting so much. Maybe arithmancy? She knew it was an elective, but maybe he would be excited to start studying it ahead of time. Reading... that sounded like something that a visit to the Library could help with. She knew she still had her list from last year in her manuscript book.

"Ar--" Sonora almost dove right into spouting suggestions but abruptly remembered her dad's first step when talking about feelings with her. She started again."It's okay to be homesick," she said softly but firmly. Everyone misses home, I'm sure. It just means you really treasure home, and when Hogwarts starts to feel more like home--and I promise it will eventually-- you'll be able to treasure it here as well. So that's something to look forward to." She offered him a smile. "It's okay. I was homesick most of last year as well."

Miss GryffindorK

♫♪

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lee turned back to the window when the girl simply said "oh". He could see his own house, and it was agony to know it was so close. It was highly unlikely anyone else in the whole school shared his pain. Not many people called the village home, but he was proud to live in the surprisingly sleepy little town. Sure it sometimes got busy, but so did everywhere. He pushed his glasses into his hair long enough to wipe his eyes with his sweater-clad fists. Once the frames fell back into place, he turned back to the brunette as she spoke.

She spoke of it being okay to be homesick, that everyone missed home. She said Hogwarts would soon become like home, but he knew with his broken brain the sentiment would probably be far realer than she realized. "I-I'm afraid... I-I d-don't wanna fo-forget h-h-home..." His voice broke, though for once it wasn't caused by his incessant stuttering. Tears fell unchallenged from his vivid green eyes, the boy shaking a bit under the weight of his emotions.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Ahhhhh nooooo!! Sonora panicked for a beat when Lee started crying, afraid she'd made him feel worse. No. It's okay. He'll be okay. She tried to explain quickly, not knowing how literally he meant forgetting. "No, no not like that. Lee, it'll be okay. You don't have to forget someplace for another to feel like home." She reached her arms out, offering, but not wanting to startle him with a hug if he didn't want to be touched.

She stammered for an explanation. "Uhm, like my cousin--he lived in Taiwan but visited a lot, so sometimes he'd call our house or his grandparents' house home. Different places can feel like home at different times?" She stopped, reminding herself she had to stay calm for Lee right now. But then...he was afraid? Why afraid of forgetting? If anything she'd thought he would be afraid of never being able to forget and never being able to stop comparing the two places. "It'll be okay, Lee. You'll be okay. Why're you afraid of forgetting? Isn't it proof you're remembering by missing home?"

Miss GryffindorK

♫♪

Ravenclaw Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas