Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
What is our main goal as christans in life? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Confucious Embers

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:01 am
I say to praise God and give him all my praise and to minister to other people who don't know him, and most of all to love him and our neighbors blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:49 am
    To love God with all of ourselves and to bring Him glory :3

WoodSorrelWitch

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am
Yes and no....

Yes we give praise and honor to God, and serve Him faithfully, but I don't agree that that is our only and main goal whilst here on earth. We also are here to gain knowledge.

Elder L. Tom Perry put it this way:

Quote:
God created Adam and Eve in His own image, with bodies of flesh and bones, and placed them in the Garden of Eden. They were given the choice either to remain in the garden or to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and have the opportunity of experiencing mortality. They accepted the challenge, partook of the fruit, and thus became mortal and subject to physical death. Because of their choice, they would experience all of the trials and difficulties of mortality.

There are two purposes for life in mortality. The first is that we might gain experiences that we could not obtain in any other way. The second is to obtain tabernacles of flesh and bones. Both of these purposes are vital to the existence of man. We are now being tried and tested to see if we will do all the things the Lord has commanded us to do. These commandments are the principles and ordinances of the gospel, and they constitute the gospel of Jesus Christ. Every principle and ordinance has a bearing upon the whole purpose of our testing, which is to prepare us to return to our Heavenly Father and become more like Him.

Link to full article

We must also seek to know God and His Son in this life, which is part of our gaining knowledge.

Elder Robert D. Hales said:

Quote:
Without God, life would end at the grave and our mortal experiences would have no purpose. Growth and progress would be temporary, accomplishment without value, challenges without meaning. There would be no ultimate right and wrong and no moral responsibility to care for one another as fellow children of God. Indeed, without God, there would be no mortal or eternal life....

He also said:
Quote:
So come. Believe the testimonies of the prophets. Learn of God and Christ. The pattern to do so is clearly taught by prophets of old and prophets today.

Cultivate a diligent desire to know that God lives.

This desire leads us to ponder on the things of heaven—to let the evidence of God all around us touch our hearts.

With softened hearts we are prepared to heed the Savior’s call to “search the scriptures”26 and to humbly learn from them.

We are then ready to ask our Heavenly Father sincerely, in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, if the things we have learned are true. Most of us will not see God, as the prophets have, but the still, small promptings of the Spirit—the thoughts and feelings that the Holy Ghost brings into our minds and hearts—will give us an undeniable knowledge that He lives and that He loves us.

Gaining this knowledge is ultimately the quest of all God’s children on the earth. If you cannot remember believing in God or if you have ceased to believe or if you believe but without real conviction, I invite you to seek a testimony of God now. Do not be afraid of ridicule. The strength and peace that come from knowing God and having the comforting companionship of His Spirit will make your efforts eternally worthwhile.

Link to full article

Allow me to add also that the purpose of this mortal life is also to have joy.

Guide to the scriptures says:

Quote:
A condition of great happiness coming from righteous living. The purpose of mortal life is for all people to have joy (2 Ne. 2: 22-25). A full joy will come only through Jesus Christ (John 15: 11; D&C 93: 33-34; 101: 36).
The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord, Isa. 29: 19 (2 Ne. 27: 30). I bring you good tidings of great joy, Luke 2: 10. Your joy no man taketh away from you, John 16: 22. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Gal. 5: 22.
The fruit thereof filled my soul with exceedingly great joy, 1 Ne. 8: 12. Men are that they might have joy, 2 Ne. 2: 25. The joy of the righteous shall be full forever, 2 Ne. 9: 18. They may dwell with God in a state of neverending happiness, Mosiah 2: 41. I will give up all that I possess that I may receive this great joy, Alma 22: 15. Perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance, and this is my joy, Alma 29: 9. What joy, and what marvelous light I beheld, Alma 36: 20. My Spirit shall fill your soul with joy, D&C 11: 13. How great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father, D&C 18: 15-16. In this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full, D&C 101: 36. In this life I shall have joy, Moses 5: 10-11.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:21 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I believe our purpose is to live a life that brings glory to God.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

AndrewX5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 pm
As Christians, our main Purposes are:

1) Love God

2) Obey his commandments

3) Bring other unsaved people to God to be saved (bring more into Christianity).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm
To spread the word of Christ since he will not come back until it has reached every corner of the world.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 am
AndrewX5

1) Love God

2) Obey his commandments

3) Bring other unsaved people to God to be saved (bring more into Christianity).

^
|

This

pretty much, in a nut shell ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 am
We are to love our neighbor as ourselves, glorify God in all we do and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We had guest speaker today at church. He and his wife are missionaries in China. Since it is illegal in China to speak of religion, they teach English classes at a University.
He told a story of a young woman named Tia, who gave a speech about a book she had read for an English course he was teaching. She spoke of God as the creator. Later she was invited to their apartment along with other students who were interested in learning about the Bible. She said that a week ago she had met an American on vacation in China who spoke about God to her. When this girl went home, she left a Bible for Tia to read, which she did! Then she happened to be in an English class taught by a Christian missionary. God was working in her life, when she was totally ignorant of him before that time! She has since been baptized and is teaching and studying with others in her country. It was an amazing story!

Matthew 7:7-8

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 pm
To worship him and tell everyone the good news..  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:31 pm
someone told me that the only goel we have is give love or something>.<  

Confucious Embers

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Bitter_sweet_jewel
someone told me that the only goel we have is give love or something>.<

If you want to sum it all up in one thing, I could see that.
    To give/show God's love to others.
    If we were to truly do this, the rest would follow: worshiping God, telling others about Him, obeying Him, etc.
    That's just what I personally believe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Green_Fuu
AndrewX5

1) Love God

2) Obey his commandments

^
|

This

pretty much, in a nut shell ^_^

Agreed  

smileindarkness

3,600 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

psychocat Inc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:39 pm
Being a Lutheran,I am open to interpretation then some variations of Christ,but how I see things lie along this.

1.Follow Your common beliefs.
2.Leave any situation possible with it ending in peace.
3.Acknowledge and accept others beliefs as they cherish what they believe as much so as we believe.
4.Use the time you have on this earth to help improve it.In modern life that would be to go through education,do what you love,continue to end things with peace,not start fights,and in someway give back to the community.
It may seem to be rather difficult,i'm sure but in all honesty,any contribution is done.Though it is not required as appears,if such acts were to be preformed then god's human conflict which appears again and again would finally stop in a new found peace which he originally wanted.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm
The Bible says lots of things

I try to do these options:

1) Live to glorify God

2) Seek, learn and understand him. God maybe be powerful and almighty, but he is your friend and father. He will listen to your problems and fix them IF you truly deserve it. He wants to be close with you.

3) Save, but DO NOT FORCE non-believers to believe in God. People that believe in other beliefs should be saved aswell, but NEVER accept their beliefs. They are idols and made up by humans.

4) Do NOT sin, reject or judge other people for what they have done. You only make yourself a non Christian by doing this.  

JrSuper

Azkeel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 pm
All we're meant to do is belive in Jesus Christ and be saved. He does the rest through us. He shows His glory though us, He's the one that converts people. All we do that is rightous is as dirty rags. We do nothing. We throw seeds around and can't even know where they land. All we are is sheep following Christ.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff