Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Sixth Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:43 am
Old friends call me different
New friends call me old
Mother said at birth
"Boy you better only take what you can hold"

User Image
R I A N
C A S E Y
M C L E L L A N

PUREBLOODRAVENCLAWTHIRD YEAR

Rian winced when one of his books hit a boy coming up the stairs, then froze as the boy cursed loudly, jumping back a little when the boy whirled on him. He didn't look much older, but he was still bigger, not that it meant much; Rian was short and skinny for his age. "Sorry," he said, but it didn't come out much louder than a mumble as all the blood rushed to his pale face.

There was nowhere to go; he couldn't just leave his books behind, as much as he wanted to dart up the stairs and disappear around a corner. His only consolation was that at least there wasn't a crowd gathered, snickering while the blonde boy called him a s**t-head and a maggot. Rian's lips trembled before he pressed them together firmly. He was not going to cry. He wasn't a baby, he was not going to cry.

The Hufflepuff pushed past him, Rian flinching away, just as an older Slytherin coming up the stairs behind them lit into him. The other boy, not Rian, to Rian's surprise. After a moment he realized he was a prefect, which basically meant he had to stick up for clumsy third years. Rian wiped at his eyes quickly as the Slytherin proceeded to take points, averting his gaze, still flushed, the hair on the back of his neck prickling as he forced the blonde boy to apologize.

Rian didn't care about an apology; he just wanted his books and to forget this ever happened. He got picked on every so often, especially when people saw him taking pictures, but he'd never actually been cursed out and humiliated like this. The spectacle of the prefect- Winchester, Rian didn't know his first name- mocking the blonde boy was almost as bad as getting sneered at himself.

When both boys looked at him, Rian froze up again, eyes wide, before forcing himself to woodenly take back the book. "Sorry," he said again. "I should have been more careful. Thanks." He adjusted his grip on the stack of boys, shot a quick, furtive glance at the Winchester, and then went back to staring at his shoes, wanting to flee but feeling he couldn't until the prefect dismissed both of them. He wasn't sure the older boy had interfered because he actually cared about Rian's books, or because he wanted an excuse to torment the Hufflepuff, and Rian didn't want to get on his bad side by coming across as 'ungrateful' for his intervention.

OOC:
addaellis

So I stood there in the sun, only minutes young
With love and mercy all around
And that's where we began
Now on my silver star scattered across the dark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

sixth year || Slytherin prefect || pureblood
Quidditch keeper and captain || Cooking club critic || Herbology club lollygager

Wren shrugged when the Ravenclaw kid also apologized. He seemed uncomfortable, and maybe even holding back tears. That was hilarious. But also if the kid did start crying, he’d have even more problems. Alright. No more messing. He did not want to be late to dinner. He’d just...tell Eion or Laurel to check in on the kid later--eh, maybe not Laurel.

“Fifty points then, it seems. No need to get written up and have your record marred by detention or anything dramatic.” Towering all fifteen centimeters over Harper, Wren spoke in a clear but low voice: “Consider this a lesson, Harper. Watch your words and control your temper until you can find somewhere private to vent. You’re not a bully. Don’t let there be a next time.”

Then he moved away with a glance at McLellan: “You going to be okay? If any of the books are scratched up, come find me before returning them. I’ll make sure Madam Umber doesn’t get onto you for them.” He hadn’t noticed that much damage, and he probably shouldn’t be volunteering to do book-repair side projects. Welp. Dunce gave a more affectionate greeting, meowing softing in concern. She nosed the boy’s ankle in comfort.

Once assured he wasn’t needed, Wren continued along his way and after meowing again in comfort, Dunce hopped along after him.

setting Staircase, Winter 2051 || with Harper and.... McLellan(?)'s kid brother
appearance 5'7", 155 lbs || wearing uniform, tie loosened and missing.
statusKk that was fun lol

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Shape without form,
shade without colour,
Paralysed force,
gesture without motion

✧✦
~"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:59 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fourth year || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club beginner || Quidditch beater

Eden glared at Winchester’s carefree stroll downstairs. He was pissed off at the smug prefect, he was really miserable about losing points for Hufflepuff--how many extra credit things was he or his house mates going to have to do to make up for that point loss?-- but worst off was probably being frustrated with himself: As much as he hated to admit it, Winchester was right: Eden wasn’t a bully, and he didn’t want to start being one.

Great, four years of being on his best behavior and isolating himself blown up in a single moment of undisciplined stupidity. He still had three and a half years of being at Hogwarts. He wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he lost his few friends or gained some kind of reputation as a raging lunatic over this. He’d vent at Weslyn later. Hopefully the kid hadn’t run off.

Eden took a deep breath and let it out like they did during meditation at Namaste club before turning around. ”Hey. I really am sorry for uh... cursing you out. I lost my temper.” He couldn’t just leave now, right? ”Can we uh, start over or something? I’m Eden Harper, fourth year Hufflepuff.” He stuck out a hand to shake before realizing that the boy was overburdened Yeah he sucked at this. ”Uh, sorry. Do you need any help with that? I promise I won’t flip out again.”

Eden swung his bag out of the way and went for a friendly smile, but it came a little strained. Merlin’s soggy sandals, he was terrible at this.

setting Staircase, Winter 2051 || with Some unfortunate kid
appearance 5’3”, 136 lbs || wearing uniform
status Merlin's staff, please don't just leave. Let me do something about this.

I would die
Without regret, I’d offer up my life
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
If that would keep our dream alive
♖♜
~"Hero" from RWBY, sung by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:51 am
New friends call me old
Mother said at birth

User Image
R I A N
C A S E Y
M C L E L L A N

Rian felt his eyes widened when it came up to fifty points in total deducted. Would Aunt Elsie even let Winchester get away with that? Rian's brother was a prefect; he wasn't totally clueless about these things. He'd never heard of a prefect taking more than twenty points, max, and that was for a fistfight, not someone calling someone else names. Still, he wasn't about to say anything at the moment; this entire mortifying encounter was almost over.

He nodded swiftly at the prefect, then shot a small smile at the older boy's cat before he continued on his way, looking very pleased with himself. Rian expected the other boy, Harper, though maybe that was just his last name, to stalk off himself, but instead he turned back to Rian, who backed up slightly against the banister, wary that Harper might have a real reason to hate him now, after that ordeal. Instead the blonde boy apologized, again, to his surprise.

"It's fine," said Rian, quietly. "I should have been more careful. I didn't mean for you to get in so much trouble. Really." He swallowed, then added, in a slightly less bleak tone, "I'm Rian McLellan. I'm in Ravenclaw. Third year. My brother Angus is in your house, but I think he's a year above. So's my aunt. Uh, Professor Shoichet," he flushed, wondering if he sounded like he was bragging, and decided not to mention that he also knew Professor Hill too, even though they weren't blood relations, but almost family all the same. "Anyways. It's okay, I don't... I know you didn't really mean it." He didn't know that, actually, but the other boy, Eden, did seem genuinely regretful, whether it was out of embarrassment or not. .

OOC:
addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden let out a breath he hadn’t known he was holding when the boy replied quietly, even apologizing for getting him in trouble. He was kind of stunned at the apology-- he hadn’t done anything wrong besides be unlucky, right? But it was...different having someone apologize for getting him in trouble instead of accusing him of something or another.

Rian introduced himself: Ah, s**t. Of course the scrawny kid was younger than him. Worse, he was related to not only another prefect, but a professor. At least it was Professor Shoichet and not Professor Hill or Professor Lovette whose classes or some other class he wasn’t doing well at. ”Professor Shoichet’s really nice,” he commented nervously for lack of a better reply. ”Is Charms like your best subject then?”

”Thanks,” Eden said, glad that thanks to whatever genetic kindness ran in his blood, Rian didn’t seem like he was going to run off and make this a huge deal That or he was going to go straight to Professor Shoichet and Eden would be in for a whole other world of hurt on Monday. He calmed down for now though. He gave another glance at the heavy texts. ”What are you reading anyways?”

setting Staircase, Winter 2051 || with Rian McLellan
status Merlin's staff, please don't just leave. Let me do something about this.

I would die
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
♖♜

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:45 pm
New friends call me old
Mother said at birth

User Image
R I A N
C A S E Y
M C L E L L A N

Rian noted that Eden didn't look thrilled to hear he was related to a professor and a prefect, but it did give him a little smug satisfaction, as uncomfortable as he was. He could have been ranting and raving about snitching to his aunt or brother five minutes ago, but instead he'd held his tongue. ...And watched Eden be completely humiliated by a prefect who wasn't related to him. He did still feel bad about that, though it wasn't as if he'd egged Wren on.

"I'm pretty good with Charms," he reflected thoughtfully, "so I guess it's one of my best subjects, yeah. But I like Potions and Transfiguration too." Really, Rian excelled in most of his classes, and so only really ever considered the ones he actively didn't like, like Herbology. He blinked in surprise when Eden asked about his books. "Oh," he said, "they're all photography collections, that's why they're so big and heavy." He showed Eden the one on the top, which was entitled PICTURES OF WAR: MAGICAL BRITAIN DURING THE DARK AGE OF VOLDEMORT, 1960-1981. "I guess some of them are a little depressing, though."

OOC:
addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:58 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

”Hey me too,” Transfiguration was finally, finally starting to make sense, but potions Eden liked. ”Like transfiguration and potions I mean. They make sense.” Eden’s marks were usually acceptable-- Es and Os-- thanks to studying all the time, but he didn’t really think of himself as enjoying said studies until he started electives. Or maybe it was studying with other people.

He was stunned--actually shocked still when Rian revealed the photo collections he had been checking out. The first one was one pictures of the first wizarding war, and as Eden flipped through the book, even his fury-inducing frustration with Wandless magic faded away, replaced by a curious excitement. He’d always meant to study more about the wizarding wars and aurors, given his fascination with muggle military history. But there had never been time. Until now, apparently, when the pictures literally landed at his feet. He flipped through a few more pages. ”Coooool...Uh i mean, so, you’re into photography?”

He found himself walking with Rian--as long as he was welcome anyways. And at the end of that, he managed to ask ”Hey if you don’t mind, can I borrow that book after you?”

setting Staircase, Winter 2051 || with Rian McLellan
status coooooool

//OOC: Hiii Weasley sorry for the super long delay again. You had a perfect setup and everything and for the longest time I just couldn't figure out how to properly respond. Anyways, I just wanted to throw this up, even if super late and lackluster >.<" Hopefully they'll have more interactions in the future?
The Forgotten Weasley

I would die
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
♖♜

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14