Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Fifth Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Fifth Floor
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Some Firsties
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Prefect Duties
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hope they learn a lesson

Lena was on her way back from a study session with a few other people when she noticed a boy fall in the floor. She hurried to help him up, and after a few questions, found out he'd run from a fight. He looked scared as hell and was shaking like a leaf, so Lena let him go. He didn't look hurt and she was nearly certain he didn't have the bravery to throw any punches (though he had dropped the f-bomb, so her thought might be wrong). Adjusting her Prefect's Badge, Lena turned the corner. Sure enough, it looked like a fight. One kid shoved another and she knew it was time to step in.

"EVERYONE FREEZE!"

For the first time in probably forever, she had raised her voice. It was a trick her dad had taught her to quickly diffuse situations. She walked quickly over, then stepped in the center. Turning her attention on the group of four, she started. "Four against two, then one? Those are disgraceful odds and you should be ashamed of yourselves for bullying. Detention, all of you." After issuing a stern look at the group, she turned to the other boy, the one that had supposedly saved the day. "And while I appreciate heroics, and Mister Holt assured me that you had saved the day, using violence isn't the answer. Next time, please find a teacher, prefect, or even an upperclassman to help you. I'm going to have to give you detention too, simply because I saw you lay hands on him." She looked between all the students, an eyebrow raised as if she dared any of them to challenge her.

Kungfudemoness

Lᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs, ꜰᴀʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs
ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍɪʟᴇs
ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴɪɢʜᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀssɪɴɢ ʙʏ
Cᴏᴏʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ, ᴡᴀʀᴍ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴜɴᴅᴏɴᴇ
ʏᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ꜰᴇʟʟ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴏʟʟᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ʙʏ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ sᴏ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜᴡʜɪʟᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪᴛ's sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴍɪʟᴇ
Eᴀᴄʜ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀs ᴀ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴇs
sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ, ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:46 pm
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Jarrett was not pleased at all getting shoved and was planning to shove back when he heard a shout to freeze. The upper classmen approached and Jarrett was disappointed to see it was a prefect. He knew it was in his best interest to hold his tongue though his buddies wined a bit. At least the other boy got detention too. As long as they didn't serve thier sentance together then it be tolerable. He definitely had a displeased defiant look on his face.

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying
                                                              Miss Gryffindork

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Miss Gryffindork

User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was geared for a tussle when he heard a shout. He did look guilty and nodded when issued detention. "I understand but I don't regret my choice to help." He said at least to allow his motives known. The disappointing part was he was less likely to get the treat he asked his parents for when they learned he got detention. It was worth it to save a fellow student.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                                          And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                                          And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                                          'Cause I've been going crazy.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 pm
User Image
                                                  They're gonna clean up your looks
                                                  With all the lies in the books
                                                  To make a citizen out of you
                                                  Because they sleep with a gun
                                                  And keep an eye on you, son
                                                  So they can watch all the things you do

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ

════════════════════════

Irvine had followed Brook up the stairs, watching the rest of the students carefully to make sure that they didn't get lost. Honestly, he didn't remember kids getting lost during the trip, but there could always be a first time. Besides, they seemed to be doing okay for now. Probably why Xavier had mentioned this part not being too difficult.

As they got closer to the entrance to the common room, Irvine stepped forward to take the lead. Not that Brook couldn't answer the riddle, but Irvine was pretty sure that whatever riddle the knocker was going to come up with, it was probably going to be enough to delay the whole thing. Hopefully Irvine didn't get stuck on the riddle itself, because he hated it when that happened.

He turned to the first years, aware that the rest of the group had their eyes on him. "This is the entrance to the common room. Obviously, as you can see, there's no doorknob or anything, but you do have to talk to the knocker. It'll ask a riddle, which you then can answer. Hust a warning though, the riddles can be confusing so it might take a bit for you to answer them. Could also be a group effort if its especially hard."

Confident that he had explained it well enough, he then turned to the knocker and touched it briefly. The knocker then recited its riddle. "I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?"

Irvine sighed. He hated riddles like that. He had to think for a moment, discarding potential answers until he figured he had the answer. "An echo." The door opened, and Irvine gestured for everyone to enter, thinking that at some point one of the first years were going to get stuck outside the common room. Hopefully when that happened, someone would be along to answer the riddle.

════════════════════════

Location: Fifth Floor Corridor
                                                  Thinking: Someone's going to be stuck outside the common room at some point this year...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Because the drugs never work
                                                  They're gonna give you a smirk
                                                  'Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
                                                  They're gonna rip up your heads,
                                                  Your aspirations to shreds
                                                  Another cog in the murder machine

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Outside Ravenclaw Commons
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? First Year Ravenclaws
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Prefect Things
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is going to be embarrassing...

Eion after a luckily trip-free rest of the walk, the small group finally made it to the fifth floor. Perfect. He led the way over to the bronze eagle entrance to their common room. Hopefully the riddle would be something he could figure out, otherwise this was about to be super awkward. "Okay, so this is the entrance to the common room. Don't worry, I swear it opens, even without a knob. The secret to getting access is to knock on this.... knocker thing... then it'll give you a riddle. You just gotta solve the riddle and it'll open right up." Well, here goes nothing. Eion lifted a hand to knock gently on the door, who then provided a riddle. Joy.

"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears.
                                                                I have no body, but I come alive with wind.
                                                                What am I?"

The fifth year bit his lip, mind whirring to try and find an answer. Oh no, these kids were going to think he was an absolute idiot. "Okay, who's got a guess? I'll let you guys answer, just so you can get used to how it works." He didn't mention that he was struggling, but hopefully one of the first years... or Laurel... would have an answer for the knocker. At worst he'd have to run and find Professor Drage for an embarrassing bit of help. Stupid riddles.

Cara MiaKitty
          Eleanor Briar

Diamond Wales
          Claude Leveque

The Forgotten Weasley
          Laurel Hill - Prefect

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Outside the Common Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Other Ravenclaws
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Riddle Solving
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm glad that was right

Jordan followed the prefects as they wandered through the school, blue eyes looking all around. There was just too much to see! Luckily he'd have plenty of time to return and continue learning about everything. Once they stopped after several flights of stairs, the same prefect - Eion - resumed speaking, this time explaining the door to their Common Room. The door sounded out a riddle, and Jordan wondered if there was just a guy on the other end paid to yell riddles... but it was probably just *magic*. The Prefect seemed either baffled or nervous, and the other kids hadn't chimed up yet... so Jordan stepped up.

"It's.... an echo, isn't it? I mean, with the context, that's what it sounds like..." Luckily, the door seemed to agree, and it swung open. Jordan earned a small look of thanks from the weird-eyed prefect, who then led them along.

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ғʟᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ 'ᴇᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ
          I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴜɪsᴇᴅ, I ᴀᴍ ᴡʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ
          Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ I ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ! I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100