Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
demons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:10 pm
I'm not sure where to put this, so I put it here.
I was just wondering what does anyone think about modern day demonic activity. I go to a Christian school and the Bible teacher claims to have dealt with it and "exorcised" a girl. Not like Catholic exorcisms on TV. Just alot of praying and commanding to go before the throne of Jesus and have Him do what He wills.
Anyways. I have been researching this because if they are still an active danger, one must be prepared to defend. But if not, then thats great. But I have heard many plausible stories. But I have not found any real conclusive proof either way.
Theres stories about Hitler, and then theres guys like Criss Angel. is he just another smoke and mirrors magician? or is there something going on there? I would love it if someone could help me out on this  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 pm
Si_Copathic
I'm not sure where to put this, so I put it here.
I was just wondering what does anyone think about modern day demonic activity. I go to a Christian school and the Bible teacher claims to have dealt with it and "exorcised" a girl. Not like Catholic exorcisms on TV. Just alot of praying and commanding to go before the throne of Jesus and have Him do what He wills.
Anyways. I have been researching this because if they are still an active danger, one must be prepared to defend. But if not, then thats great. But I have heard many plausible stories. But I have not found any real conclusive proof either way.
Theres stories about Hitler, and then theres guys like Criss Angel. is he just another smoke and mirrors magician? or is there something going on there? I would love it if someone could help me out on this

I heard about Hitler getting the Spear of Destiny and I think I heard that anyone who gets it will be powerful. Mostly turned evil though. Demons are still here and so are their offsprings. We don't know who they are, but they are here with us. I'm pretty sure that they'll come out soon.. The end and new beginning is coming right?  

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm
I do believe demons are very real, the scriptures talk about them, they do affect people, etc. Do I believe in possessions? Yes, but not like the movies show where they make people yell stupid things or their heads spin around on their shoulds,etc. That's Hollywood and fake!

As for ghosts and hauntings...I am very skeptical when it comes to those, just because there is usually a logical explanation for certain things. I love researching into the paranormal though. I do believe in things like residual energy and paranormal activity. I also believe the spirit within our physical body lives on even after the physical body dies. Can it communicate with people on this side of the veil (mortal realm)? Possibly.

Personally, I don't think there is any conclusive proof for ghosts or demons. It all comes to what you believe, exeprierence, feel, etc.

I have no clue about Chris Angel. Don't pay attention to the stuff he does. Personally I think he is smoke and mirrors from what I have seen.

@oO-carrioncrow-Oo-
What is the Spear of Destiny?

And what did you mean by this-"Demons are still here and so are their offsprings."

Demons are spirit beings and cannot reproduce...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:50 pm
As for Hitler, he was a member of the Thule society. For the initiation, you must call on a spirit guide. Most people call on the spirit of a great conquerer to guide them. Hitler supposedly asked to be possessed by the spirit of the beast of the pit. Supposedly his eyes changed color after that. And supposedly he was called the rug-chewer because for no reason at all, he would start frothing at the mouth, gget down on the floor and chew on the carpet.
And I've been told that aliens and UFOs are just demons trying to ... distract people from God and the Truth.
Like Shadows-Shine, I love researching the paranormal. That's why I am asking to see if there is any truth to what I have heard. About ghosts, whenever one is called on, like with a medium or something, they always give some kind of New Age advice. So I have also heard that ghosts are just demons impersonating the deceased person. Just to distract from God and the Truth. because thats all that really needs to be done, distract...  

Seraphim6496

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 pm
I asked my father about ghosts and he said the same thing. Ghosts are demons impersonating the dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 pm
I don't know if I would go that far to say that ghosts are inpersonating a deseased person, because I do believe that after the physical body dies, the spirit is still alive, because it's the immortal part of the person, like I said before. And those spirits can possibly communicate with us here in the mortal realm. I am not talking about seeking spiritual mediums and what not, because in my opinion spiritual mediums are fakes and phonies. There are such things as "intelligent haunts". Where the spirits can interact. Have you ever watched that show Ghost Hunters or TAPS? Good show!

Aliens and UFOs...hmm...I can't deny that there are actual unidentified flying objects out there. Are they from Aliens? Who knows. Most likely not. As for other life forms and life on other planets out there in the vastness of the universe, I believe there is life on other planets. Are they the giant blue people (as shown in Avatar) or the little green martians? No. I believe they look like us (humans) and they are human. For mankind, here on earth, to believe that we are the only life out there in the vast universe is very arogant of us indeed.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm
Yes, I agree with you on the fact we are probably not the only "intelligent" life in the vast universe. as for what they look like or if they visit, no matter how much research I do, I doubt I'll conclusively believe either way unless I have my own experience.

As for ghosts, I love Ghost Hunters. I am not denying the spirit is immortal. But when the body dies, the spirit goes to heaven or hell. If in hell, that is their punishment. They cannot escape. If in heaven, they're in the ultimate (cont)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 pm
paradise. What being would possibly want to leave that and return here? So I find it difficult to believe that ghosts and hauntings are actual spirits of deceased people.  

Seraphim6496

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:44 pm
as for tthis "Spear of Destiny" I believe it is actually the spear of Longinus. Supposedly the spear that pierced Christ's side.

As for demon offspring... I'm not sure how true this is... but in the NIV Bible, in Genesis 6:2 it says the sons on God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and married of them who they chose. in 6:4 it says the Nephilim were on the earth in those days.
In Job "sons of God" is a term used for angels. So a theory is the the Nephilim are spawn of fallen angels "mating" with humans. and going back to if aliens are demons, that may be why the most popular story is that if someone was abducted, they were probed in unholy ways. The demons are tryin to have sex with humans again.
Once again, I do not necessarily believe this. I am still researching it all. I am just putting this up to see if anyone else has any ideas or believes this same thing or waht.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 pm
As far as I know, and my opinion may not be 100 percent correct, but here goes nothing.
Concerning demon off spring:
When Michael was cast out of heaven, he took a league of angels with him. Those angels, and Satan himself are what we refer to 'demons and spirits." what was said is true, they are spiritual beings and cannot reproduce.
Ghosts:
I believe that ghosts are a trick of the mind. The mind is the devils playing field, because when presented with a thought, we can either dismiss it or let it manifest in our minds until we act on those thoughts. When we see something, our brains try and make sense of the image, and our imaginations play a big part on how we interpret that image. That's how one can believe they saw something when they really didn't.
UFOs:
There is nothing in the bible that either confirms or rejects the existence of other life on other planets. I have no reason to believe that God didn't create other life besides our own. And one may ask why it is not discussed in the bible, and I can't fully answer that. All I know is that the bible makes it obvious how precious we are to the lord, after all, we are only a little lower than the angels. We are the only life known that god breath life into and nothing else. God gave the responsibility to Adam to do the rest, he gave animals into our care. So aliens and all that stuff may not have been a concern like we are, and they have nothing to do with what the bible was purposed for, hence the reason they are not in the bible.
Possessions:
Yes, they r very real, and they are spoken of in the bible. One thing we have to remember is that it's not the person, it's the spirit IN the person that makes them behave badly; and they can be exorcised. So communication is possible, though communication through things like the wiki board (or whatever it is called) is also witch craft and should be avoided.
Ect:
The bible is our protection against anything ungodly, it is the whole armor of god. (see Ephesians 6:11-17) and speaking his word brings things to existence. The word is god's promise to man and it also tells us what abilities we have through god if we have faith.
The name of Jesus, as we know, also has power, and I've found that it really changes the atmosphere when used along with prayer.
Magic, I think, is another form of witch craft that we should be aware of.
So I hoped all of this helped some what. ^-^  

WhitersNote

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 pm
Now I don't believe in Demons, I believe in ghosts..Strange things like that. My dad told a me a story of a time he heard nose in the kitchen: someone bustling, cooking, washing pans, and when he entered the kitchen, it was gone. Sometimes when its late at night and I'm lying awake the floor in the attic creaks. Its weird like that.
As for the end, I do not believe in it coming dramaticly like the stories say. I think it will come without us knowing, and we will find ourselves in heaven or hell, wherever we will be going after dead. Hopefully heaven..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 am
demons arent ghosts :3
ghosts are dead people
demons are evil things from hell  

cadb8

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:02 pm
cadb8
ghosts are dead people

Actually they aren't in hell yet. Hell is the lake of fire and sufure. They won't be thrown into it until the end of the tribulation. Plus they aren't from Hell they are from Heaven. They were 1/3 of the angels tthat were cast down with Lucifer. Seriousy people read your scripture to get your facts straight.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:26 pm
cadb8
ghosts are dead people

I believe I accounted for that in the theory (not necessarily what I believe) that I stated. That demons pose as dead people and act like ghosts in order to distract people from the truth for the 70-ish years we have here. I mean when someone dies, they go to Paradise or torment. or heaven and hell. Reward for folowing God or punishment. I see no reason to think that any human spirit should be able to remain in this world after death  

Seraphim6496

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm
Demon Kira Jushiro
Now I don't believe in Demons, I believe in ghosts..Strange things like that. My dad told a me a story of a time he heard nose in the kitchen: someone bustling, cooking, washing pans, and when he entered the kitchen, it was gone. Sometimes when its late at night and I'm lying awake the floor in the attic creaks. Its weird like that.
As for the end, I do not believe in it coming dramaticly like the stories say. I think it will come without us knowing, and we will find ourselves in heaven or hell, wherever we will be going after dead. Hopefully heaven..
Why don't you believe in demons when Jesus did?  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff