View Results

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:55 pm
No, guys. I'm not just trying to get the 50 posts in a thread achievement thing. I just wanted to know your thoughts on Gaia's latest silly addition to their ever-expanding sight of ridiculousness.

Now I'm sure a few of you have gotten hold of the "entry-level" achievements like changing your avatar and whatnot, that is... if you even care. My question is obvious, though. Why the hell doesn't Gaia recognize that the more seasoned users have already done 90% of what the achievements call for?? Are there going to be continuous updates to the achievement database? Or will it be another forgotten feature that's hardly, if ever, updated. (Coughcoughguildscough).

So... Thoughts?

Also: [random]Toe wrench. biggrin User Image [/random]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm

I've been here for years. I've racked up a lot of posts, have participated in more events than is healthy (user-run and official), I've collected more useless little pixellated items than most people can believe, I've been running guilds since they've existed, I've posted tens of thousands of times, and I've undoubtedly been quoted hundreds of times.

I am NOT redoing any of this meaningless stuff (because it is all entirely meaningless; I'm not proud of this s**t, it just means I have no life) just to get achievements.

Their definition of "achievement" is a little sad.

Dressing up your avatar is definitely not an achievement, unless you're a mouth-breathing, paste-eating ******** who finds clicking a mouse to be a challenge. >___>  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm

They seem to be keeping up with the achievements feature fairly well but only time will tell if they'll keep up with it. Gaia seems to be very ADD with their features, I have a feeling this will be forgotten as well. Give it a bit of time and it'll be one of those that people will basically go- 'Remember when we had...' things.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm
i think it's really quite pointless but it does give me a little bit to do if i'm bored. seeing as i've done all the stuff already...  

Aidensnumberonefan

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm
User Image"I've been burned so bad...

User Image

...but I still play with fire!"
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:22 pm
Tae: O_O That... Could possibly be... the most AWESOME description of the general Gaian populace I have EVER heard! And I've heard quite a few, especially from you. xd I agree, though. It is meaningless. Regardless, I have to go with Aiden on this one. It's something to pass the time when I'm like ">_< Fuuuuuu- the internet is so dull right now!"

Rica: You're probably right. -_-;; Here's hoping Gaia will change its ways? However unlikely that may be...

Roland: Holy CRAP, Zelda II was hard. I remember going through that s**t back in middle school. -_- It's a little over-the-top if you ask me. :

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 pm
I've stopped caring about achievements in general unless they're really fun to achieve and feel like an actual achievement.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 pm
I think they're fine.

Remember Quests? I feel these are like those, only improved somewhat. Since at least this way you get a little badge of honor or whatever.

They seem tiresome to oldbies, but if I were new to Gaia, I think they'd be a good way to help show me around.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 pm
They're definitely good boredom killers.

But..."congrazzles"? Really? gonk And that horrible sound-effect...

I am trying to like them but scaring the living bejeezus out of me with an obnoxious sound is not helping. xD

Edit: So, since I have eff all to do while here at work, guess who has been diligently plugging away at the achievements that he insisted he would not be doing? xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 pm
Waku: You always have a positive way of looking at things like this. That makes a lot of sense, really. The achievements are obviously designed with that sort of "tour guide" feel to them. If one looks at them from that perspective, they're pretty well crafted.

Tae: XD Turn your sounds down? Also: I think you may be easily scared. I thought it was a rather soothing sound, myself.

Jaft: It takes me back to the hours I spent in Power School trying to get Guitar Hero: World Tour achievements for XBOX. D<

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:41 pm
I don't like webpages making sounds unexpectedly. >_> It's as annoying to me as those banner ads that make noise if you so much as mouse-over them accidentally.

But yes, I might scare easily. x3 My sound is quite often turned up fairly high.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm
*shudder* "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON!"  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 am
I occasionally achivement whore on the xbox...
and I would like to get the "achivements" for the stuff I've already done here but thats just cus I dislike having things unfinished...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:24 am
Go figure, I get an achievement as I click this thread. I really miss when gaia was basic, which is one reason I love the guilds not being up to date.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 pm
My point exactly, Xik. 3nodding Guilds is like a nice, little chunk of the past in most cases.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff