Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
~Christian Youth Ideas~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:25 pm
Hey guys, just wanted some ideas of what to do to get the youth from my church more involved.
I already have some ideas in motion but I wanted to explore more options.

I usually arrange youth services so I've been planning to make youth services more exiting to draw in new youth to the church, but the current members are not too involved/active.

It's a very small group right now of like around 12.
With a big age gap, so it's a little bit more complicated to appeal to each.
the younger ones are still too much into dating and all of those teenager things and are mostly coming to church because of their parents, the older ones are the ones that are a little bit more ready to work with me.

I really want them to get interested in God, and try to get them more involved so I have planned a few activities, such as a Bible study, questions during service, youth preaching, etc. but I would like more ideas since two/a few heads heads think better than one, I would appreciate any help (^_____^; )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:58 pm
If you have a group that you can trust then I would suggest a lock-in/out. A scavenger hunt through the town and have adults driving them there where they will find evelopes tapped to stuff. Take them to a graveyard and have people there to scare them. Then aferwards to a lesson on fear and giving that fear to God. Do it so after every youth day(whenever the youth get together for the lesson) they play a game way they fellowship and get to know each other better. Do a big brother/bigs sister thing where the older ones help mentor the younger ones just by hanging out and being there for them.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 pm
I know some things my youth group does is play sardenes and other games like raid. Also we have things called Chills where we get together at someone house and just hang out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 pm
    How about activities that serve the community?

Things my group has done:
    >gone to a school on a weekend and picked up trash and litter and prayed while doing so
    >bring baked goodies to the local fire station/police station
    >gone to a 'not so good' street and helped kids with their homework

Other ideas
    >do some yard work for people in the community
    >volunteer for a day at a shelter (or some other places)

WoodSorrelWitch

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 pm
You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

My youth group is small too (8 people which includes myself) and our ages range from 13 to 18, but we have lots of fun and get along great. From 7-8 we play Wii or some other game (sardines, dodgeball, etc), from 8-9 we have bible study which our leader really talks with us through, then until our parents get there we just talk or play Mafia. ^_^

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:40 pm
Thanks you guys
those are very good ideas,
sadly our church is located around a very rough neighborhood and the church is located right around some drug dealing houses/ hooker spots so I can't really take them out around the neighborhood, since it would be pretty dangerous for them.

Unless we target a specific community outside of ours, lol ^__^

I have already planned a Bible trivia game and "Finish the lyrics" for next service, and a volleyball tournament as long as they participate.

Man I hope it can get them fired up and pumped!

Anyone got any more ideas? What's your favorite thing to do at your church?

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items