Wait... THIS is what I'm known for? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 pm
So recently a group of friends and I were having a discussion about this one chick we used to hang out with who was known for... let's just say stretching the truth. Her latest stretch of the truth involved her being engaged to some 18 year old kid who just got out of high school but is somehow already a mechanic... When I commented that I hadn't really talked to her since I told her off for being such a fake person, someone I had met only a couple of times immediately went "oh yeah I heard about that, what'd you say to her?" Considering I didn't put much importance into the conversation with this chick, I couldn't remember for the life of me what I had said, but it did bring up a completely different issue. Apparently, I am the one person in the group known for actually telling people off when they're acting stupid and annoying. I am the one who weeds out people apparently and I'm not sure entirely how I feel about it. Ok so sure I've gotten to a point in my life where I just don't feel like putting up with people's bullshit and if you act fake and stupid I won't want to talk to you and I have absolutely no problem saying so but... that makes me the unofficial weeder-outer of bad friends? Really? Anyway have you guys ever found out people hear stories about you or see you in a way you didn't expect? Kind of take you by surprise?

Oh also, for those who haven't noticed, I am back and damn does it feel good!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 pm
User Image"I've been burned so bad...

User Image

Welcome back, we missed ya around here.

Like I've said before, I tend to be a d**k. In the roleplay I'm GMing, my character sheet would have the asset "Straight Shooter". I don't sweeten things for people, I prefer to tell things just the way they are. I certainly knew this, but I didn't know how bad I was about it until it was brought up a while back while talking to some people I used to be friends with. xd

...but I still play with fire!"
User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm
From your post, it's sort of coming off as the role one may not want to be identified with, like the executioners who wear masks.

>_>

Did they stress it as a good thing though? One bad person, within a group, can take the group down, make everyone feel uncomfortable, or just kill the mood in a variety of ways, etc. etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm
well they presented it as a good thing... I believe the statement was made that I get rid of the stupid people. I mean I'm okay with it if these are people they secretly want to get rid of anyway, it just surprised me to an extent. I had a couple people say it was cause I was the only one who had the balls to actually say how I feel and not dance around the issue or act fake polite.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 am
I'm going to ask my dad about this one because, quite frankly, I have no idea what I'm known for. I have certainly received comments around the likes of, "Aaw, that's the Chex I know" or "Only you, Chex."

Haha! My dad says, "Your hair." He then said that a lot of people know me for my artwork after he said that I am known for my energy and kindness.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:02 am
Sanzo! You're back!! *hugs*

I'm not really sure what I'm known for. I am the "mean" crewmember in the GSA here on Gaia. razz Because I have a dry sense of humour and I'm sarcastic and I'm blunt....

Here, I think I am known for avatar contests and cross-dressing my avatar. Possibly for being a jerk, too, I dunno.

Sanzo, I would say you're known for being direct, but also for your bubbly personality and your energy. You're always very welcoming to new people, and you come off as a really positive person.

I would say Roland is known for roleplaying and pokemon, while Jaft I would say is known for his quirkiness. Chex...I'm not sure. Don't take this the wrong way (since I don't mean it in a bad way), but I would say that your naïveté is a trait I associate with you. But that's just me, not anyone else.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:22 pm
@Tae: Haha~ I feel a little illiterate because I had to look naive and naivete up in order to remember what they meant separately. I appreciate the compliment. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:32 pm

I wouldn't know what I'm known for. I mean I've had people constantly calling me cute. Maybe I'm known for being adorable. Of course it could just be how I look. If you look at pictures of me as a kid and pictures of me now I haven't changed in the LEAST.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm
Aww I don't think of you as a jerk Tae, I think you are made of awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:31 pm
Taeryyn
Sanzo! You're back!! *hugs*

I'm not really sure what I'm known for. I am the "mean" crewmember in the GSA here on Gaia. razz Because I have a dry sense of humour and I'm sarcastic and I'm blunt....

Here, I think I am known for avatar contests and cross-dressing my avatar. Possibly for being a jerk, too, I dunno.

It can be really hard to tell if you're being serious or joking, sometimes, especially for people who don't know you. Your mom is the same way, and I think that's why I was scared of her when we were growing up. x3

I think with our mutual friends you are known for your sense of humour and your wit.

As for me, I think I am probably known here for my obnoxious text colour! biggrin

PixiecuTT

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 pm
Dunno what, if anything, I'm known for online, but offline I'm known for being the one who looks like a push-over but will become one's downfall when crossed. Granted that was college and the b***h in question picked the wrong debate club president to mess with, lol. I really don't tend to get in anyone's face often, except for the micromanaging, lazy a**, slob of a coworker I'm stuck with...apparently there are bets going around as to just how long it will be before I *really*go off on her. I figure I'll hold off until I reach my last day, but we'll see.

Granted, it takes a lot to get me to that point. I'm usually pretty laid back. Mostly I just roll my eyes and shake my head at dumbness.

And, Sanzo, I wish I could be the one that weeds out the fake scum. It is a good skill. If I could just weed 'em out before hand, I wouldn't have to get so pissed off by laziness and BS. Damn. And glad to see you are back!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:47 pm
SANZO! =0

I think that's a good thing to be known for...

As for me, I think I'm known for being "affable and nice". smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 am
aretoo

As for me, I think I'm known for being "affable and nice". smile

QFT 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 am
Offline, I am known for knowing something about everything, having a song for every situation, and being that person that can get a baby to finally sleep. I am a little bit... direct... in my manner, which some people find off-putting. I am also horribly shy and socially awkward, but most people don't pick that up! xd

Here, I think I am known for being an a*****e or else awesome, depending who you ask.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 pm
Kalstolyn
Here, I think I am known for being an a*****e or else awesome, depending who you ask.

Or the direction the wind is blowing... >_>  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces