Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
What if they're an angel?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:05 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Love your Enemies / luke 6:27-36
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners', expecting to be repaid in full. but love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful"

After reading this a song was brought to my mind that I grew up listening to:

"What if she's an angel"
There's a man standing on the corner
With a sign sayin "will work for food"
You know the man
You see him every morning
The one you never give your money to
You can sit there with your window rolled up
Wondering when the lights going to turn green
Never knowing what a couple more bucks
In his pocket might mean

What if he's an angel sent here from Heaven
And he's making certain that you're doing your best
To take the time to help one another
Brother are you going to pass that test
You can go on with your day to day
Trying to forget what you saw in his face
Knowing deep down it could have been his saving grace
What if he's an angel

There's a man
There's a woman
Living right above you in apartment G
There's alot of noise coming from the ceiling
And it don't sound like harmony
You can sit there with your TV turned up
While the words and his anger fly
Come tomorrow when you see her with her shades on
Can you look her in the eye

What if she's sent here from heaven
And she's making certain that you're doing your best
Trying to forget what you saw in her face
Knowing deep down it could have been her saving grace
What if she's an angel

A little girl on daddy's lap
Hiding her disease with a baseball cap
You can turn the channel
Most people do
But what if you were sitting in her daddy's shoes

Maybe she's an angel
Sent here from Heaven
And she's making certain you're doing your best
Trying to forget what you saw in her face
Knowing deep down it could have been her saving grace
What if she's an angel

Discussion:
do you give to those who you don't know?
how do you feel when you see people begging on the corner?
have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter or food bank?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:21 pm
I needed to read this.
I have anger and rage issues...

I have issues with people being mean to me I usually just start yelling that them or cussing under my breath... I also vow to never help them again...
I need to be more forgiving and nicer...
I need to be more Christ like...
Lord I am sorry...
;___;

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 pm
Testicular Diabetes
I needed to read this.
I have anger and rage issues...

I have issues with people being mean to me I usually just start yelling that them or cussing under my breath... I also vow to never help them again...
I need to be more forgiving and nicer...
I need to be more Christ like...
Lord I am sorry...
;___;

Ephesians 4:26-27 " 'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. "

Anger itself is not a sin it's what we do with it that turns it into a sin.

forgiveness is key... it isn't for the other person that we forgive, it's so we free our hearts and minds of that negativity so that we can focus on God's Will.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 pm
That was very touching,it's not too often i see things that pull at the emotional strings like this does.Than you for posting this.

Haisieo Cross

Fashionable Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm
Quote:
... I also vow to never help them again...

Sooo... I'm not sure if this goes under this topic, but that comment brings up my question. I have friends that come to me for advice. Serious stuff, often about what I think about drugs or what they're doing in relation to dating. I tell them what I think and always try to make sure it is within the context of the Bible. but EVERYTIME, they say, "I know you're right, but..." and give some excuse why they won't listen to me. This has happened for at least 3 years now. Is there a point where I should give up trying to help them and give them advice or should I jkeep on trying??  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:47 pm
Si_Copathic
Quote:
... I also vow to never help them again...

Sooo... I'm not sure if this goes under this topic, but that comment brings up my question. I have friends that come to me for advice. Serious stuff, often about what I think about drugs or what they're doing in relation to dating. I tell them what I think and always try to make sure it is within the context of the Bible. but EVERYTIME, they say, "I know you're right, but..." and give some excuse why they won't listen to me. This has happened for at least 3 years now. Is there a point where I should give up trying to help them and give them advice or should I jkeep on trying??

I think if someone comes to you for advice that in the past has always turned down what you say, then pray before you give them an answer. If God tells you stay silent, you tell them you can't help them. If God tells you to help then do so. We can give advice all day long, but it's up to other person to do the right thing with it.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Tugst

Wheezing Cat

9,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm
Reading this... It brought me to tears.. I mean I was going into the school year pumped up! Ready to live for the Lord! But A few days before school... These girls want to hurt me and m freind for being my freind... She puts her arm around me the call us lesbians... we spend alot o time together and they want call us mean things.
Sometimes I feel it's my faoult they target her too...
And now those very people have spilled out into "My Safe Haven" (church)... And They are no different than they are school... I know it is supposed to be a good thing but they do cruel hearted things....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:10 pm
The Hidden Flower
Reading this... It brought me to tears.. I mean I was going into the school year pumped up! Ready to live for the Lord! But A few days before school... These girls want to hurt me and m freind for being my freind... She puts her arm around me the call us lesbians... we spend alot o time together and they want call us mean things.
Sometimes I feel it's my faoult they target her too...
And now those very people have spilled out into "My Safe Haven" (church)... And They are no different than they are school... I know it is supposed to be a good thing but they do cruel hearted things....

You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

A few years ago, back in 8th grade, because I turned down two guys who asked me out, another guy decided to start calling me a lesbian so I know how it feels. You should tell your principal or if you don't feel comfortable directly going to him/her, then tell one of your parents who can talk to your principal. And/or since you say that they have come into your church then talk to your pastor about it, he might be able to talk to them. ^^

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash