Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
So I'm trying one last time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 am
Alright my brother is a druggie looser. He is in jail at the moment. He gets out in a month I think, anyway the family has been shunning him. My mom even says that she doesn't have a son anymore. ;_;
He needs to get right with God and quit the drugs for good.

I'm going to buy him a Bible, and I'm going to write him a letter.
The letter is going to share some verses with him and that our mom still loves him, she is just really hurt.

He called me this morning and he told me to tell Tish (ex) and the kids (his son and daughter) that he loves them. I said I would.
In the letter I'm going to say that if he wants to have a family then he needs to straighten up.

If this doesn't work I don't know what I'm going to do.

BTW my brother is in his late thirties.

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:55 am
Reason why this is my last time.
I cant take anymore fighting and arguing.
I hate hearing that my mom doesn't have as one anymore I hate hearing other family members diss him.
I am so emotionally drained it isn't even funny.

I also get discouragement from other family members for helping him because he is a "lost cause" I don't think he is.
I believe that God can set him straight.

Right now I have my church, my grandma and myself and some friends are praying for him...

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I think what you're doing is good. I understand the pain you feel from how much drugs are tearing up your family.

Does your brother even see that he has problem? Has he ever admitted that he needs help?

My oldest brother and my husband are both Addicts (my brother is still in his addiction but not as far out there as he used to be and my husband is in recovery).

Maybe your family should try a Al-Anon (family and friends of alcoholics) or a Nar-Anon (family and friends of drug addicts) meeting. They help you to see through the addicts eyes and you and your family can learn helpful tips on how to deal with him.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:41 pm
It's nothing new this issues has been going on since before I was even though of.
He started drugs when he was twelve, it started with weed, now he is on meth.

My brother said to my grandma not too long ago that he wants to quit drugs, Praise God! ^_^
But he wants to come to my parents house and the family doesn't think that it's a good idea, we think he needs rehab and some psyche help, before entering society again.
My family wouldn't go for group therapy, at least not yet, we have been down this road before.
He says he wants to quit but he goes right back to it.
So in order for that to happen he would have to show us that he wants to change.

In the letter I'm also going to send him pictures of his kids, maybe it will be an influence to him.

I'll be praying for your family too, addictions cause a ton of pain and grief to the families that are involved. It's really hard.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Al-anon and nar-anon aren't group therapy sessions or anything. They are simple meetings for those who are related to addicts. Kind of like a support group for people who know what going on. It doesn't have to involve the person who is the addict.

Where do you live? (not a city or anything just state). In California there are many rehab places. There are ones that are 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, and some are 1 year and 1/2. Also if he is in jail for a drug related charge he may get the "nudge from the judge" to attend meetings in the area and have a slip signed, or has he gone through all that before?

Most people in their addictions don't get out of them until they are in their 40's-50's. And there is only a 10% rate that those addicts will stay clean.

I will pray that God will give him clarity into the destruction he has caused. And I pray for the healing of your family.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:25 pm
Death may surround me......

User Image

I believe you should send him the bible and the letter...also never give up praying for him. No matter what always pray for him and thank God for him. Pray for God to bring him closer to him and remember the scripture Matthew 18:19-20
19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

User Image

But I do not embrace it

black_leather_biker_chick

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Well... my uncle is/was a druggie (I don't know anymore) he was doing drugs and stuff in his room in my grandma's house for 30 years and she never knew, he's never had a girlfriend and has no children he is in jail, but I never liked him. He was mean to me... but I was appalled when I found out. Doing your best to help him is wise, but unfortunately I have no connections with my uncle... crying I hope everything works out!!! Good luck!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm
You seem to have the same problem I have with my boyfriend(well kind of) and today we kind of had an argument, well I don't think it was a big argument or not because we didn't yell or get all super angry, we just argued I didn't even realize it was an argument till we almost ended the talk xd because we both got annoyed, well anyways we were arguing about him going to church because he hates it so much, his mom even gave up on him because he just won't go and I know it's forbidden for Christians to marry non Christians which is sad because we've been together for a little over a year and now I might have to leave him crying so I'm trying to get him closer to God (I just became a Christian about 3 or 4 months ago by the way so don't think I disobeyed the Lord) and I just can't he doesn't care about God or if he goes to hell so I think it was after I hung up the phone that I remembered this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7b0_xRC54 but after about half an hour I realized I shouldn't have done that and then went and apologiezed for trying to force him to go to church. and I found this today it got my hopes up http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/2325_The-Power-of-Faith you can listen to it if you don't want to read it, I think it's better you listen to it though because the way he says things is better understood if you listen to his tone of voice. I'll also be praying for your brothers salvation and freedom from drugs smile and NEVER GIVE UP!  

starry night-163

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm

It just hit me tonight... a good bible to get your brother would be a Life Recovery bible. It's a good bible for those in Recovery or starting Recovery because they have a lot of character studies and other studies that walk through the 12 steps, recovery principles, and a study based off the Serenity prayer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 am
Sorry for not replying, I was away from the computer for a few days.

I will never give up on my brother, if this intervention does not work then I will keep on praying and so will the church and my friends off of the computer.
I believe in the power of prayer. =)

Where would I find that Life Recovery Bible? How much are they?
I cant order stuff off of the net, I don't have a credit card. So would Wal-Mart or a Christian Book store have one?

I live in Texas, and we are out in the middle of nowhere, we are in the country. To be specific we are in North Texas.

Thanks for all of the help and encouragement.
You will all be in my prayers!
^_____^

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:35 am

Life Recovery Bibles are Christian book stores... also if you have a barnes and noble book store, or borders book store. If your wal-mart sells bibles then they may have it there too I'm not sure because mine don't.

I think they are about 20$. I'm not sure prices out there or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:57 pm
I think the letter and bible could really be the door that opens his heart and mind to accepting Jesus Christ as his Savior. But it might be difficult for him to read if he doesn't have any prior knowledge about how to study the bible or learn from it. Be sure to explain how to read it and what verses could best help him.

I'll be sure to pray for you, your brother, and your family. <3

Wishboxx

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces