Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Clones

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:32 pm
Okay, I have been wondering for a while (Because I really like Sci-fi shows) but how would clones be possible?

I know a lot of you are thinking 'well it is sci-fi...' yeah, I already know that.

Human beings, I guess, can be made... but that doesn't explain where a soul would come from, to be placed into that body.

Does anyone have any ideas or theories, how that could happen.

Or would a clone just be an empty shell?
a living human being with no soul...

Now this topic is just to brain storm for a bit. Creative thinking, I guess, it could be called...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 pm
It is possible that they could be a lifeless, obedient human puppet. Kinda emotionless and dull. I honestly do not know. If you were talking about Wiccans, I would say that they could take it out of a dying person and out it in a new body or summon it. Except that wouldn't work...  

Jao Feng

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 pm
They have successfully made clones. If I have my facts straight, they believe it would be unethical to produce a human clone because the lifespan would be dramatically lessened as with all clones they have produced. In order to answer this question, the process of cloning must be understood. They take the egg from a femal creature and remove the chromosomes from it, then inject the chromosomes of the creature thyey want to clone into the egg. The cell is then placed into a surrogate mother and then starts to multiply and the same process as happens in regular birth takes place. So however a soul is put into a natural birthed human would, as far as I can tell, be placed into the cloned human  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 pm
I know cloning in embryos is kinda possible... but a friend and I have been in an argument all day about this.

If a 30 year old, human being dies, and you want to bring them back... a bunch of futuristic scientists get together, and make an exact replica of your old body and mind, at the age you died at... the heart is functioning and everything. Would this clone have a soul? and if so, would it be the same soul that left the original body?

I personally would have to say no, I do not believe that could be possible at all.

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I'm not sure what all it takes to make a clone but haven't they (scientists) successfully cloned a sheep before?

I think they just made a womb like design and create a new being like they would do a In Vitro Fertilization?

I don't know if a clone could ever really possibly work, because all new life would have it's own personality/spirit.

I would assume it would have a soul, how could it be soulless? No matter how the person was conceived I would assume it would have a soul....

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 pm
SickTwistedFreak25
I know cloning in embryos is kinda possible... but a friend and I have been in an argument all day about this.

If a 30 year old, human being dies, and you want to bring them back... a bunch of futuristic scientists get together, and make an exact replica of your old body and mind, at the age you died at... the heart is functioning and everything. Would this clone have a soul? and if so, would it be the same soul that left the original body?

I personally would have to say no, I do not believe that could be possible at all.

If that were to happen, even if thety had the same brain, that does not necessarily say that they would have the same mind. But I would have to say that either a new soul would be born of this Frankenstein's monster like creature, or he would an animel, living merely to eat.  

Seraphim6496

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:27 pm
Si_Copathic
SickTwistedFreak25

If that were to happen, even if thety had the same brain, that does not necessarily say that they would have the same mind. But I would have to say that either a new soul would be born of this Frankenstein's monster like creature, or he would an animel, living merely to eat.
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I think if it was a completely new body made yet with same brain then it would be a new soul. you can never recreate the exact mindset of someone though, I just don't think it's possible. So no matter how much like the former the new looks it would never be the same.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:16 pm
This topic seems exactly like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If you were to ... reanimate ... a dead body then you would essentially be its god and would be obligated to love and care for it. I don't see humans as being so... ambitious or... caring(?). After reading Frankenstein, it seems like a bad idea to try to reanimate a human corpse with intent to try to give it life again.
Now reanimation for scientific purposes, like it seems plausible to be able to remotely control a human body since the brain controls our actions through electrical impulses. That would be useful is military combat since it would only be harming that which is already dead, but then there is the issue of respect for the deceased.

So, cloning or reanimating a human corpse, plausible? yes. respectful? no, a good idea? Depends on the intent, I suppose.  

Seraphim6496

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff