Submit

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 am
Ok, I know at least everyone has one: That series, or Artist, or Actor, who everyone is jumping on the bandwagon for, but you don't want to go with the crowd, so ou tell everyone you don't like them, when, in actuality, they're one of your favorites.

So, whaddya got?

Me, it's Twilight. I know, I'm sorry. But Alice is awesome, and I love that Dakota Fanning is in it. She's one of my favorite Actresses, ever. Of course, I've only seen two of the movies, so...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 am
. . . Eragon.  

Isaiah Moretti

Kenutsu Yasashiku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 am
Actually I do not think I have one of those. I am so uninformed that I do not know what is the next big thing anyway so I cannot be a fan of it. Much less a secret fan. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am
I'm with ya on Twilight. XD I think it's a fun series, and just that. It's not meant to be deep or meaningful, it's meant to be cheap and engaging... like heroin. rofl People stretch it out of proportion both ways - some say it's absolute s**t and the worst series of the century, and others say it's the greatest series of all time. gonk There are things I both like and hate more than Twilight.

Same deal with Lady Gaga. She's an interesting character, and I find her music is fun to listen to. Do I think she's the greatest musician of all time? No, but I don't think she doesn't deserve recognition in musical history.

And can we turn this around to include things that everyone likes but you don't care about? XP "Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars," pretty much sums me up. lol  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

velvetsophisticate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 am
Sami Von Disco
"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars," pretty much sums me up. lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 am
Tbh I don't read enough books to have a secret favourite...
If I have to be honest I think I've only properly read like 3 books....

Though I can see that series like twilight are not bad, but they suck you in so much that yeah it becomes much like a drug... what put me off reading them was they hype and the mental rabid fans, they tend to put me off a lot of things.

I should read more sweatdrop  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 am
Sami Von Disco

And can we turn this around to include things that everyone likes but you don't care about? XP "Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars," pretty much sums me up. lol

I'd have to say the Scream movies, Napolean Bonaparte, and Almost anything with Steve Carell in it. I liked Evan Almighty.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:18 am
Giyari

Though I can see that series like twilight are not bad, but they suck you in so much that yeah it becomes much like a drug... what put me off reading them was they hype and the mental rabid fans, they tend to put me off a lot of things.

I think the fans who became obsessed and annoying are what ruined Twilight and made everyone else hate it. XD I really don't want to be associated with the rabid fans, so that's why I never admit to actually liking the series. Except for right now. Yay anonymity! rofl

@Daemon - You wouldn't happen to mean the movie Napoleon Dynamite, would you? I know a lot of people really got into that. o.0  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 am
Sami Von Disco
Giyari

I think the fans who became obsessed and annoying are what ruined Twilight and made everyone else hate it. XD I really don't want to be associated with the rabid fans, so that's why I never admit to actually liking the series. Except for right now. Yay anonymity! rofl

@Daemon - You wouldn't happen to mean the movie Napoleon Dynamite, would you? I know a lot of people really got into that. o.0

I totally said Bonaparte, didn't I? Epic fail for me. Yeah, I meant the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 pm
I generally don't read things until they've been out for several years, mainly because i just don't hear about things. Hype and rabid fans will put me off anything, though.

One actor i love that everyone else seems to hate- Nicholas Cage. I have a thing for really cheesy movies, and Nick Cage is halarious. Then, I also love Burt Reynolds, so that should tell you something about my taste in movies.  

exdraghunt

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:03 pm
exdraghunt
I generally don't read things until they've been out for several years, mainly because i just don't hear about things. Hype and rabid fans will put me off anything, though.

One actor i love that everyone else seems to hate- Nicholas Cage. I have a thing for really cheesy movies, and Nick Cage is halarious. Then, I also love Burt Reynolds, so that should tell you something about my taste in movies.

Nicholas Cage is amazing. I love Next.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 pm
I do have to jump in on the Twilight verdict here. I agree with the "hype + rabid fans = bad" and I also agree with the "treat it like it's fluff + shun the people who take it too seriously = good." I own all four books and proudly display them in the box under my bed. Except Twilight, which half-hides behind my TV.

I'm a proud lover of the Inheritance Cycle, and a proud hater of the movie Eragon (ever since they royally screwed it up evil burning_eyes --I think that movie is heretical, adulterated blasphemy).

I'm also a secret fan of a lot of other things... but not many come to mind. Oh, and I'm a closet Disney Channel fan.  

Andirigible

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:39 pm
I had a crush on Nicholas Cage when I was little, and no one knew until now. X3 I don't have a crush on him now, but he's definitely one of my favorite actors. I haven't seen many of his recent movies though. v_v

When it comes to Twilight, I'm not sure what I think. The only thing that made me watch it was the fact that there were vampires in it, and I like vampirey things. I'm sure some of you know what I 'm about to say... but... c'mon... "I can't go into the sunlight because my skin sparkles"? I applaud Stephenie Meyer for trying to be original, but that was too much for me. Her werewolves though, I love how they turn into huge wolves (I'm a dog person, I breed dogs for a living), I just want to hug one of them! ♥ When I think about it... Edward's skin issue is the only thing I didn't like... Maybe the werewolves secretly feel the same about the vampires, and that's why they want them dead? ... If that's how it really is, I LOVE TWILIGHT!

All joking aside, I thought it was okay. But I would never tell anyone that. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:08 am
I think it's really funny that everyone calls them "werewolves" when they're really shapeshifters who just happen to turn into wolves. It's even mentioned in one of the books that the real werewolves live elsewhere. You know, the Lupin-esque ones who can't control the change and who want to tear up everybody in sight.

Also, making a vampire sparkle... seriously? Why couldn't he, I don't know, get really old-looking in the sun? Or shine/glow a lot (his skin IS really white)? Sparkles, though, that's overly effeminate.

But I could hug a werewolf (when he's a wolf; shirtless guys kind of put me off).  

Andirigible

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 pm
Twilight - All the crazy fans make me want to rip my hair out but I can't help loving a good book
Dr. Seuss books - Once one fish, two fish, red fish blue fish gets stuck in your head, that's it... plus I really like Marco Comes Late I won an awrd in a speech contest reciting it
Inheritence Cycle - Yeah, I love a good long fantasy book, so sue me... I hate the movie though, don't ever bring it up
Agatha Christie - Though the wave of popularity over her books has all but ended a really long time ago, I still love them, though I don't think it makes a good impression on people when you are reading a murder mystery novel with a huge smile on your face...
I STILL watch Teen Titans, ha! I said it!- And sometimes powerpuff girls because I used to be such a fan, old habits die hard... And sometimes I miss Gumby... ah, the memories...  
Fan Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff