Reply Community Lounge
Well if I had known that.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm
The other night my father in law had asked me to drive him to pick up his glasses and so I did. I went in with him... Not sure why as normally I would have waited in the car. So I'm looking at the glasses and I see a few that have rather nice frames and I try them on. Something interesting happened, my eyes didn't feel heavy anymore. I didn't feel tired! I thought "What?! No way in hell!" I take them off, eyes get heavy, put them back on and again I don't feel tired.

"Well son of a b***h, GTR was right... I need glasses."

Just to make sure I asked one of the women working there if it was possible to feel tired all the time because you need glasses and she said "Oh ya totally!". I then thought, "Hey, maybe that's what all my headaches are from too!" Unfortunately the ones I like are $200 and GTR needs a new prescription and glasses as well.

So ATG have you ever heard of, or have it happen to you, where you feel tired all the time and all you need is a pair of glasses? How about when someone is constantly right and all you want is to be the one who says "HA! I told YOU so this time!" How about headaches that you thought were because of one thing but turn out to be another... Although this is still a "maybe the headaches are caused because of this" because taking the sinus pills will still relieve the pain. Feel free to talk about whatever else this thread made you think about.

If this is what caused my headaches, I wish I would have known BEFORE now as one, it would have saved me a LOT of pain, and two, OW would have paid for them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:57 pm
I used to have headaches all the time before I got my glasses. After I got them, the headaches eventually faded away; my grades in school improved too. 3nodding

Sorry that you can't get the ones you want. Hope you get them as soon as possible. 3nodding  

Mr Jes

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:06 pm
I didn't know that could even happen. O-o  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:10 am
the irony that 200 dollar glasses are about half the price of what it costs to get them in norway -.-

I bought mine in Toronto because they were so "Cheap".

anyways yeah not wearing glasses can tire me to the point of risking epileptic fit.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:45 am
But don't all frames out on display just have plain (as in no prescription) lenses in meaning that they have absolutely no impact on you eyes when you try them on? I know you go in to some chemists and general shops and pick up some basic reading glasses with a single view lens already in for cheap but generally I thought you had to order your lenses separate from your frame and get them fitted. It's just that the awful job that I just quit after only three shifts was as an optical dispenser. People would get their prescription, choose their frames, tell us what type of lens that they wanted and then we would send off the frames to get fitted with lenses tailored to their script. The point I'm making is that a pair of frames in the shop shouldn't make any difference to your sight or the feel of your eyes.

Unless they do things differently up on your side of the globe. If your father-in-law and GTR both wear glasses then I am assuming that you know what the drill is there better than me. You might want to see an optometrist before coming to any conclusions though.

I should start trying to take better care of my eyes seeing how much I read and use computers. If there is one thing that I have learned in those horrible two weeks it is that glasses can be expensive.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 am
[ Terra ]
But don't all frames out on display just have plain (as in no prescription) lenses in meaning that they have absolutely no impact on you eyes when you try them on? I know you go in to some chemists and general shops and pick up some basic reading glasses with a single view lens already in for cheap but generally I thought you had to order your lenses separate from your frame and get them fitted. It's just that the awful job that I just quit after only three shifts was as an optical dispenser. People would get their prescription, choose their frames, tell us what type of lens that they wanted and then we would send off the frames to get fitted with lenses tailored to their script. The point I'm making is that a pair of frames in the shop shouldn't make any difference to your sight or the feel of your eyes.

Unless they do things differently up on your side of the globe. If your father-in-law and GTR both wear glasses then I am assuming that you know what the drill is there better than me. You might want to see an optometrist before coming to any conclusions though.

I should start trying to take better care of my eyes seeing how much I read and use computers. If there is one thing that I have learned in those horrible two weeks it is that glasses can be expensive.

Yeah I thought they were usually no prescription lenses too, unless it says something on the side of where it's displayed.

D:  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:46 am
It's the same here. None of the glasses on display have proper lenses in them, just plastic.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:41 pm
Most stores I've been in have glasses with lenses with specific strenght.

-/+ 0.25 or 0.50 0.75 1 1.25 etc  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 pm
I thought the in-store glasses have a specific prescription/strength/are not just plain lenses =/
When I try them on, I find myself not-as-blind as when I don't have any on...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:18 pm
I'm farsighted, which means that for most of my life, my eye muscles have been compensating for not having perfect vision. In my second year of university, I got glasses and found that my eyestrain was much improved. I was better able to sit through classes without getting tired, and could pull off longer study sessions. Now, eight years later (holy crap has it been that long?!), I wear my glasses for driving or I feel like total crap within five minutes of getting behind the wheel. I can also really notice when I need a stronger prescription, as I find myself getting tired faster again. I think ti's funny to note where my eyes focus when I relax them and realise how much effort it takes to make them focus properly without my glasses. My prescription is really weak right now, but I can look forward to becoming more and more farsighted as I age, just because my eye muscles will get old and tired of constantly compensating.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:05 pm
OMG I missed so much in so few days!

Ok, so even if the glasses don't have a prescription in them the fact that the glasses and the light coming through those lenses are changed even if extremely sightly. Something else I thought about the other day is how often and for how long have worn sunglasses. There used to be days when I would wear them where ever I went. Now I wear them when I drive and when I'm walking somewhere. Over the years my eyes would adjust to that too. If you're thinking "You would have to wear them a lot!" I don't think you understand. I was one of those people who would "wear they're sunglasses at night" hehe... But really I had them on all the time.

I'm pretty sure that the store we went to has a very weak prescription in them though. I tried on a few pairs and some of them made my sight go blurry.

I totally forgot what else I wanted to say... I'm so beat from today, and I'm done with it too. When I remember I'll post.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 am
so I can, so I cannnn see my visions more clearly!

I think they just put the crappiest clear glass they can find into the display frames, and it's all warped and fingerprinted and stuff.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:43 am
I have glasses but they are only for looking far away . It's like the difference between HD and SD on a TV  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:27 pm
Crappy glass or not... it helped. emo  

God-Raped-Me

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:26 pm
That sorta happened to me too. My mom noticed I was squinting, but I thought my eyes were fine. Then I tried on her glasses and felt my eyes relax and I went "...ok I need glasses." xp You get so used to your own eyes that it's hard to tell that you need glasses unless you try some on and see if there's any difference.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff