Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Sometimes...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:52 am
I just feel like kicking some people's asses even though I know I shouldn't. Whether it be because of inappropriate placing or just the fact that I know there will be repercussions for throwing the first blow, sometimes some people can just push me to the limit. Example:

Today I went out with a friend to go take a short lesson from a well-known musician here on Maui. He had performed with popular artists such as Kiss and Stevie Wonder. We had learned some drills and exercises I was eager to try out when I had the chance. But, of course, I needed to tend to my friend and see her off when she left. After she leaves, I tend to my usual menial tasks of checking up on a MMO I play on, checking my emails and PMs on various websites, and playing a few video games to get myself in the mood. Then I find out my grandpa's sick and needs to be taken to the hospital. Shortly after, my uncle of whom has shown VERY little concern, in fact borderline neglect (I won't go into details) towards my grandparents all of a sudden calls us up and says that he's coming over to keep my grandma company. I figure "Eh I guess it's alright this one time since I need to get to bed early anyway." So I finish up what I was doing and head off to try out those drills that I mentioned earlier. Then he has the nerve to come in and say "It's 10 at night. Have some respect. This isn't your house." I'm sitting here thinking "This isn't your house either." And if he wants to talk about respect, he comes in uninvited knowing nothing of how our schedules work and our rules/policies here and thinks he can just tell everyone what they can and can't do as if he were in charge here? ******** that. As the primary caregiver and resident of this house, I have a hell of a lot more authority over how things should be run here than he does. And how can he talk to me about respect? He lived here for a few years when he was young and buys this huge safe for all his crap that he didn't want anyone to touch. Then he moves out and says "Oh mom. Go keep this safe here since I can't be bothered to hire people to move it over to my place and I don't have room." Maybe you should have ******** thought about that BEFORE you bought the safe. Plus he ALWAYS comes to my grandma guys asking for money when HE spends all his cash because HE doesn't know how to save. He never pays them back and the crap he spends his stuff on is just pointless s**t he doesn't even need. Now he has the nerve to go up to my grandma and say that he "can't stand my attitude" just loud enough for me to hear as if he wants me to know that he's talking s**t about me to other people right there. I just wanna deck him so bad and throw his a** out on the street.

TL;DR? My uncle with no respect for anyone but himself comes into my grandma's house and thinks he can just make up rules for everyone to follow and then talks s**t about MY attitude behind my back.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 am
Haha wow. That sucks. I say you're justified. XD But only because you're restraining yourself and not hitting the guy. But yep, he's an a**.
I'm sorry to hear you have to put up with someone like that. I can't stand ageism and people who assume that anyone from their pre-teens to mid-twenties must be miscreants. And that they themselves are perfect because they grew out of their miscreant phase. :/ Which they even sometimes haven't...
I have family like that, but not to that extreme. And I rarely see them so I don't have to deal with the problem. Since you can't hit the guy, I think you've got to do the opposite. It already sounds like you're a good person. Sooo... kill him with kindness. It really does irritate the hell out of people when they're trying to incite a reaction from you and don't get one. Plus, that way he won't have any fuel to complain to your grandparents about.
I'm sure he made that comment within earshot just so he could see your reaction to it.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 pm
I'm sorry to hear about his attitude towards you, sometimes people think that just because they're older - they're right. It happens often in schools where others make up names to simply feel better about themselves, and its just wrong.

I commend you for not doing anything to him physically, considering the fact that he might be frail as it is. I agree to Sdrawkcab, "kill him with kindness." Maybe there's a reason why he's like that?

You definitely have the right to be mad, though there has to be a way to solve or change his perception of you. You are truly a very kind and loving person and shouldn't be subjected to things you don't deserve. Sometimes, opening up to others can really make you see a different side of them - through simply giving it some time, can make a massive impression on someone.

I hope this helped you in anyway at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:12 am
wow...*hugs*
stay strong

just be super polite and nice just don't punch him (i know i would) he'll feel like Sh*t if you be nice and polite after he's been a d**k!  

Kyss Kyss

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items