Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Dishearted for the utterly lost, and me stomped to a pulp

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

up13stories

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:55 pm
i've been spending some time in the "Religion & Morality" part of the extended discussion forum, and it's been breaking my heart seeing the immense opposition i face. if you can follow it, check out this thread: Rock the Fort and Evangelism in the Military
i went in the conversation trying to find out why this guy was so angry, hoping not to immediately convert him or anything, but just to show him that all christians aren't the Big Bad Bigoted You're Going to Hell monsters that he thinks.
guys? he KILLS me. immaturely, too. i know i'm not the most intelligent person on the face of the planet, but i was just trying to lovingly reason with the guy. man, big turd thrown back in my face!

guys, i feel really alone on here. desperately. I know Christ is with me always, and i take comfort in that! but i think i need a little bit of family-support from the body of Christ. i just can't do it all without it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:01 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I steer clear of those forums for the simple reason that many of the people on there are rude, and attacking.

I'm proud of you for trying to talk with people and reason with them. I commend you on that because I know I just couldn't stand the proverbial spit in the face with almost every reply.

I tried a couple times a few months back to post something but the amount of negativity I got in response was horrible and very disheartening.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 am
I steer clear from the M&R and ED because of the same reasons Faithful does. You can't even have a decent conversation/discussion/debate with any one in there without being flamed. I admit when I debate/discuss my beliefs with others and they discuss/debate their beliefs with me, I get a little hot headed, but I always try to be polite and see their point of view as well, but in order for that to work, they have to willing to see my point of view as well. The ED and M&R just don't work that way, every one seems to have the "it's my way or the highway" type attitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:58 pm
There's an up side and a down side to what I'm about to tell you, however it depends on the person and whether you care about them.
The upside is our job is only to tell people the Gospel and teach them what Christ taught.
The down side is it's not our job to save them or convert, that job belongs to God, he will decide whom he will save, and that is election.
John 6: 44-45
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. (sadly enough)  

starry night-163

up13stories

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:13 pm
Shadows-shine
I steer clear from the M&R and ED because of the same reasons Faithful does. You can't even have a decent conversation/discussion/debate with any one in there without being flamed. I admit when I debate/discuss my beliefs with others and they discuss/debate their beliefs with me, I get a little hot headed, but I always try to be polite and see their point of view as well, but in order for that to work, they have to willing to see my point of view as well. The ED and M&R just don't work that way, every one seems to have the "it's my way or the highway" type attitude.

yeah it can get pretty rough in there, but this is the first time i've ever encountered such hatred from a human being. i've actually been able to have pleasant and intelligent conversations with some people in there, believe it or not. but i think you're right...i guess if we want to find people who are willing to listen and open to changing their minds, the ED probably isn't the best place.
thanks, Faithful and Shadows for letting me know it's not just me biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
starry night-163
There's an up side and a down side to what I'm about to tell you, however it depends on the person and whether you care about them.
The upside is our job is only to tell people the Gospel and teach them what Christ taught.
The down side is it's not our job to save them or convert, that job belongs to God, he will decide whom he will save, and that is election.
John 6: 44-45
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. (sadly enough)

you're totally right. Like we hadn't even gotten to touch on the Gospel yet, but you've encouraged me not to take it to heart and to let the Spirit work more - probably my biggest lesson out of it (hehe) thanks so much, dear!  

up13stories

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

AngelFaceBabyDoll

6,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 am
up13stories
i've been spending some time in the "Religion & Morality" part of the extended discussion forum, and it's been breaking my heart seeing the immense opposition i face. if you can follow it, check out this thread: Rock the Fort and Evangelism in the Military
i went in the conversation trying to find out why this guy was so angry, hoping not to immediately convert him or anything, but just to show him that all christians aren't the Big Bad Bigoted You're Going to Hell monsters that he thinks.
guys? he KILLS me. immaturely, too. i know i'm not the most intelligent person on the face of the planet, but i was just trying to lovingly reason with the guy. man, big turd thrown back in my face!

guys, i feel really alone on here. desperately. I know Christ is with me always, and i take comfort in that! but i think i need a little bit of family-support from the body of Christ. i just can't do it all without it.

Your NOT alone. Love u n CHRIST.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:17 am
1 Peter 3:13-17

"And who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong."

It's good that you attempted to share the the gift that Christ gave us and I'm glad you went on those forms, I frequent them as well.

Yes, the response you get will be harsh, and sometimes they may ask questions which try your faith (feel free to PM me if this happens) but remember our ultimate goal in life is to bring honor and glory to God, and facing hatred with kidness while proclaming His name is a great way to do this.  

Rieff

Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff