Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pythonesque
Crew

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm
I just noticed this today - I'm not sure when they put it up. But, they have a NaNo U for college students? There's specialized pep talks, a Guide to Life, and a printable flyer to spread the word!

Here's the link if you're not sure where it is on the website: NaNo U

What do you guys think? I'm reading over the Guide now, and I think it's pretty neat. I'm considering trying to get a club started for my school? Or, at least have some meetings for Write-Ins. (I initiated the Write-Ins last year, too, and never went to annoy. D'oh)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm
I should do that too! We don't have our own region, but I'm sure plenty of students at our school would like it. We have a writing club, I think (all I know is that it's called the Writer's Tribe), but I don't know how active it is--I haven't seen them advertise for anything.

Gonna get in touch with the Student Life office & see what I can do about this.

Also I really really really want to go to the NoWD this year, but I don't know if I can a) raise the money and/or b) get a ride.

EDIT: Ah mai gaaaahhhhhdddddzzzzzz-- starting a club is so much work!! And out of 4000 students I have yet to find a single interested person... And that Writers' Tribe--they haven't had any meetings at all yet... fail.  

Andirigible

pythonesque
Crew

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 pm
Good luck on finding out more! Maybe you can see if you can get the names of some of those Writers? Or, have their leader send out an email to get a hold of you? Check with English classes, too.

I know starting a club here is a big thing because of having 40,000. We need a mentor and yatta yatta.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 am
So do we. We have to have a faculty advisor, four "principal members" (aka officers), a constitution, and someone has to attend a bunch of silly meetings. It's a pain in the rear, but...  

Andirigible

Feline Anachronism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm
Oh, that's such a great idea.

We need to have all of those things, too. I think all clubs need university approval, as well.  
NaNoWriMo [And Other Contests]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games