Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Creative Writing/Homework Help
Run Away - Ami's Tale

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of the story?
  I love it!
  I like it.
  Meh.
  Not a fan.
  I hate it.
View Results

pulchrare

Thieving Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:54 pm
A/N: Okay, so I wrote this out of boredom one day, and it evolved into a very interesting plot. The chapters are painfully long, so I've divided them into mini chapters. Please read, rate, and respond.

Chapter One

I crouched low to the ground. The river rushed not two feet from my spot, and if that didn’t make me feel nervous, the men coming down the bank certainly did. I slowed my breathing, so that I became silent. I ducked my head and scurried into some tall wild grass nearby. I could hear them calling me now.

"Ami….Ami, where are you?" they yelled into the night. I shuddered at the sound. The moon lit their path as they moved closer and closer. I gripped a long, pointy rock in my fist. I wasn't going to kill them, but I would try to at least injure them.

I swallowed the lump rising ever so slowly in my throat. No time for fear. Fear is weakness, and weakness is a death sentence. I had been trained to fight using my strengths. My ears twitched as a new set of footsteps caught up with the men.
To help give you an idea of who I am, I'll use this time to explain.

I am Ami, and no, I'm not human. I'm part coyote. I have coyote ears and even a tail, just to top things off. My senses are sharp and accurate. I'm 14 years old, and I just escaped from captivity in a zoo. I'm not even kidding. Some sick minded freaks just tossed me into a zoo to be a display or something.
Boy, were the zoo keepers surprised when I gave them lip about putting my food in a tin bowl. I mean, come on, I'm not a freaking dog.

Anyways, the men were advancing. I sniffed the air and caught the scent of my master. He was to one who put me in that gosh darned place. I growled, rising slowly above the grasses. My ears flicked towards the three men standing there. One had a tranquilizing gun. The other had a cage.

"Stay away from me with those!" I warned, a cold, fierce look masking my true feelings of terror. It was a trick I'd learned from some friends I'd met a few years back. I remembered Mayla saying something about adding a snarl for good affect. So, I snarled.

That was when I felt pain in my leg. "Ouch." I muttered, pulling out the tranquilizer as though it were a splinter.
"You idiot! I told you to use a higher dosage! Now she'll get away!" Master scolded a zoo keeper. I laughed, and I charged forward with my pointy rock. I swung it around, leaving obvious cuts in the keepers' arms and legs. However, I'd missed Master, my initial target.

Dropping the rock, I broke into a sprint, not caring where I was headed as long as it was away from the zoo. I was faster than the average human, and I left the three behind me as I ran for the forest. Just as I reached the cover of the trees, someone tackled me to the ground.

So there's the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed, but if you didn't, please rate and respond telling me why. I'll post the next chapter if people acually like what I wrote.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:59 pm
I love it  

strfallen

6,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Creative Writing/Homework Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers