Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:04 am
I love video games. Practically all video games. But one kind of game I suck at is 2D fighting games sweatdrop My boyfriend loooooves them and even has a sweet arcade stick, so he can play fighting games as though he were in an arcade. I decided to play with it myself and discovered...I utterly suck at 2D fighters. He's got BlazBlue which looks so amazingly awesome and I want to play it so bad, but I reaaally suck. Then when he tries to explain how to do moves, I usually screw them up and go, "uh....what do the words you just said mean?" gonk So ATG, ever have something that you want to be...at least competent at but you SUCK SO BAD at? xp I'm also the same with drawing...at least my stick figures look ok.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm
I feel that way about math. It doesn't seem to matter how much I work at it, I simply have SO much trouble understanding math. Don't get me wrong, I can add and subtract and do fractions and whatnot, but stuff like geometry and algebra and calculus just doesn't seem to compute in my brain. ._. I want to be good at it, but I just suck.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Calculus hurts.

But, time willing, take it slow. Learn one specific move at a time. AND, with the 2d fighters, stick with one character that you like and train with it. A lot of fighters have a training mode. So, if you were to open up a can of srs bizness, you can go there and learn it all, one step at a time.

I've done that with Tekken and Street Fighter. biggrin

I'm a mean Ryu and Steve Fox.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm
2D fighters certainly aren't for the impatient. I find gamepads to be much easier than the arcade stick, I never got how to work that thing.

I'm horrible at math. s**t hit the fan at Algebra and I never qualified for Precalculus in College. sweatdrop Geometry was pretty easy though. I don't get where the disconnect emerged. Ah well, I'm probably bad at all of that now that I'm out of College and only took a total of 2 math classes through out the whole thing.  

Phaeton 2

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:50 pm
lol I suck at fighting games too (ok so I suck at all games, but that doesn't really matter right now). A large part of the problem is that I don't have the attention span to really practice with a character (that might change soon though since I'm tired of my brother always freakin' getting ring outs on me (we've been playing a lot of SCIV lately because the Soul Calibur series is awesome)).

As for other things I seem to just inherently suck at......the big one is probably artistic-y things. I can't draw or paint or sculpt worth s**t. Oh the same goes for sewing stuff too ^^;

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 am
In before "life"...

I suck at generally finishing things.

As for fighting games. There will never be anything better than whipping out some Wang Koh-San in Art of Fighting 3.  

124-C

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am
I love all the Mario games, but I couldn't play them so save my life! I know how it feels to know everyone else around you can play that kind of game SO well and you sit down and get slaughtered. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 am
All types of sports.

Being the big-a** nerd that I am. cool  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm
User ImageI swear by my pretty floral bonnet...

Video Games, when I haven't played them a million times already.

Finishing things.

Letting go.

User Image
...I will end you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:35 pm
Heh, I suck pretty bad at 2-D fighting games as well. Actually i just suck at any fighting game. Especially Soul Caliber, I absolutely fail at that game. Just keep practicing with the same character and you'll get better, though. Learn some counter attacks and combos and you'll be kicking a** in no time.  

Sen Phen

Ferocious Pumpkin

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:31 am
Fighting games generally consist of me going "Ffffffffff- *buttonmash*" and hoping for the best xd
I'm not very good at videogames in general, actually. Watching them, though, I'm pro at, lol.

Also not very good at not procrastinating, which has brought me a lot of problems in my life :/

Drawing too. I can do stick figures moderately well, and kind of... blobby people, but, yeah. Can't draw.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am
Actually, Soul Calibur's one of the few games I'm pretty good at...sort of... xp I'm not great, but I can do decently well.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:58 am
Sports games, and sports in real life. ( Except pool, I'm a shark wink )

Couldn't play them well to save my life.

Also, surprisingly enough, I suck at drinking games too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 pm
Yunie, why would not procrastinating bring you problems? I find that procrastinating bring me quite a few problems! Like I could have had an eye appointment by now if I had called sooner sad

Panny, I am surprised by that!  

God-Raped-Me

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:09 am
God-Raped-Me
Yunie, why would not procrastinating bring you problems? I find that procrastinating bring me quite a few problems! Like I could have had an eye appointment by now if I had called sooner sad

Panny, I am surprised by that!

Nono, I need to work on not procrastinating. ACTUALLY procrastinating has brought me a lot of problems.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff