Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Praise God ~ praise reports
Helping Those in Need

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

While I was in Fresno visiting my father in-law this lady approached my husband and I as we were leaving a store and asked for some help with her car. We weren't sure what to expect but we agreed anyway because we have a bunch of tools in our car and my husband is getting pretty good at working on cars. Well the part she needed was a special order part and she was trying to get to Visalia, Ca. She couldn't wait for the part. We called every auto parts store in the city but they were all closed by this time or said the part was special order for them too. After a bit one of the workers came out from the store and said he had a car just like the one that was broken down at his house and he was parting it out. He said for 15$ we could take the part off the car ourselves. So we went over to this person's house and when we get there we see the front end of the car was smashed and that's why he is parting it out. Unfortunately the part we needed off the car was blocked by other things. It took my husband 2 and 1/2 grueling hours of working on this car to reach that part and by the time he reached it he discovered that it was in worse shape then the one on this lady's car. The lady followed us to my father in-law's house and my husband and his dad worked to temporarily fix the piece so they could make it to where they needed to go and then order the part there which took them a good hour or so to do. This woman was so upset and feeling like a failure as a mother because she got stranded with her son. I spent my time trying to reassure her that these things happen and that God will handle all of it. She cried on my shoulder for a bit from how upset she was and I just tried my best to comfort her. I prayed for her and her family that she would relax and feel calm and peaceful.

I felt wonderful for being able to help these people out and I knew it was of God that this happened. Giving our time like this was wonderful. Even though it took a lot of blood, sweat and pain for my husband to do what he did, he stuck through it without giving up on these people. It was amazing that we saw this all the way through and that the person was so grateful for Us to help her. She had had a beer bottle thrown at her by a person she had previously asked for help and then we came along and did all that. I believe all the glory is for God for doing what he did and helping out so many people because we learned a lot during those hours. I feel blessed to be used a vessel for God's work when I feel so unworthy of it all!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm
User Image

That is amazing.
;_;
I want to do something like that...
I'm really really really shy, it is so hard for me to talk to people let alone help someone.

This Christmas our church is doing this thing where you buy gifts for a girl or a boy and you put it in a shoe box, then you decorate the shoe box.
I want to do as many as I can so many children can have a good Christmas. ^^

I think it's called operation Christmas Child.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

That is amazing.
;_;
I want to do something like that...
I'm really really really shy, it is so hard for me to talk to people let alone help someone.

This Christmas our church is doing this thing where you buy gifts for a girl or a boy and you put it in a shoe box, then you decorate the shoe box.
I want to do as many as I can so many children can have a good Christmas. ^^

I think it's called operation Christmas Child.

User Image

that sounds like what our church did last year. Is your church doing it through a certain ministry or something?

I understand the shyness, because I really am shy too. I'm not good with talking to people I don't know or making new friends (at least in real life, online it's so much easier sweatdrop ). I try to help out people where I can though. I feel so thankful that God uses me even in just little ways like telling a person thank you for doing something most people overlook. It doesn't take much to help someone and to me it's a self esteem booster as well as a praise to God for the times I'm able to help without second guessing it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 pm
User Image

I'm not sure who it is run by.
But a ton of churches are doing it.
I want to be sure to do as many as I can so that many many kids will have a good Christmas. ^^

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 pm
That sounds awesome I'm glad you could help her  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:26 am
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

I'm not sure who it is run by.
But a ton of churches are doing it.
I want to be sure to do as many as I can so that many many kids will have a good Christmas. ^^

User Image

OH, that's what my church did last year. I'm not sure what they will do this year though. I was unable to really give to that last year. But I am really going to do my best to give as much as possible this year to what ever comes my way.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
Praise God ~ praise reports

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items