Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm
The Hogwarts Lake (also known as the Black Lake) is a large body of water located to the south of the castle. It is about half a mile in diameter and the Hogwarts plumbing network drains into it. It is home to a Giant Squid, grindylows, and a colony of Merpeople. The lake was also used as the site of the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament. The Slytherin common room is beneath the lake, accessed through an entrance in the school dungeons. The Chamber of Secrets is also thought to be beneath the lake.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:12 am
3lean0r Duke

User Image
Eleanor waited for the first years to join her on the grounds of the Dark Lake, where about six or more boats were waiting for them. The students gathered around, staring at her curiously. She cleared her throat and started speaking again.
"I think five persons by boats are enough. I think we're 30 in total so that should do. The person who sits in front will hold a lamp. The others will-lead you to the Sorting.", she smirked, "Just a warning, don't let your fingers drop into the water by 'accident' or whatsoever. The Squid is always hungry when first years are about to get sorted! I will go on this boat there-", she pointed at the boat in the middle, "-And anyone who's scared is allowed to come with me, but I think everyone had enough time to prove their courage. Alright, let's go!" she chuckled, pushing the boat in the middle into the Lake and making herself comfortable. She waited for the first years to sort out who they're going in the boat with.  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:26 am
John "Hans" Mason
First Year
User Image
Soon they approached the Dark Lake and Hans listened as the groundskeeper gave instructions as to what to do and what not to do. Naturally Hans listened, he had no desire to meet the Squib face-to-face that could wait for some other time. Since Hans was one of the first there he got onto the front of one of the boats and picked up the lantern, and stopped his humming. Humming didn't seem too appropiate to Hans at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 am
3lean0r Duke

User Image
Eleanor smiled as Hans climbed on one of the boats. The rest of the class didn't seem to eager about going into boats and floating. She sighed and spoke to the two girls in front of her.
"Girls, go join Hans and just wait for two persons to join your boats." she ordered. Caramel and Lucy obliged and climbed on the boat where Hans was sitting.

LUCY BONKS

User Image
Lucy stayed quiet and climbed on the boat without a sound. She sat down and looked at the castle where once her family got taught everything they used to know.

CaRaM3l K!nGsLe!gH

User Image
Caramel skipped happily to the boat and sat down.
"Hi! I'm Caramel! You can also call me Mel, though!" she smiled nervously. The excitement was taking over her.  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:41 am
John "Hans" Mason
First Year
User Image
Hans turned around to face the two girls as they got on, smiling his own nervous smile. "Hello, nice to meet you Caramel. I'm John but you can call me Hans if you like." He said to her whilst he also extened his hand that wasn't holding the lantern to shake.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 am
Charlie Robinson - First Year

User Image
Charlie followed the Groundskeeper, firmly meshed in the centre of the crowd of first year students. He took a quick look around and saw varying degrees of surprise, wonder and awe on the facs of his soon-to-be classmates. As for himself, he felt himself to be on the precipice of a great adventure - his father's stories of his own escapades within the walls of Hogwarts hadn't dimmed his anticipation in the slightest.

Soon enough the group reached the edge of the Black Lake. He listened intently to the Groundskeeper and laughed at her warnings about the Giant Squid. He had no idea whether to take her seriously or not but it was enough of an icebreaker to get him moving into the first boat. It already held three people and it dipped a little more when Charlie sat himself down on a wooden seat. He gave his companions a friendly smile and introduced himself.

"Hey, how's it going? My name's Charlie."

Ryu Storm Blade

Unbeatable Poster

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 am
CaRaM3l K!nGsLe!gH

User Image
Caramel smiled and shook his hand excitedly, then turned to Lucy, who was very calm and quiet.
"And what's your name?" she asked, smiling.

LUCY BONKS

User Image
Lucy turned away from the enchanted school and looked at Caramel.
"I-my name's Lucy. Just Lu." she muttered, smiling nervously. "Hey Charlie. This is Hans, Mel and me-Lucy." she said, her voice trembling of excitement, looking at the boy who just climbed in their boat.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 am
John "Hans" Mason
First Year
User Image
Hans grinned a nervous grin as Mel excitedly shook his hand, he could already tell she was going to get on his nerves before this year ended. He may have felt that way but did his best not to show it and quickly turned to Lu and Charlie. "Hello Charlie nice to meet you both." He said as he once again extended his hand to each of them.  

Gideon Commando

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 am
LUCY BONKS

User Image
Lucy considered Hans' hand for a second then shook it, smiling slightly.
"So... You guys are-excited?" she asked in a shy, quiet voice.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 am

User Image
Charlie leant forward to shake Hans' hand and nodded to Mel and Lucy. He resisted taking Mel's hand after seeing watching her treatment of Hans' hand. He eased himself backwards and settled himself against the stern of the boat.

"Excited? Of course. Magic in every corner of the place - I grew up in Belfast so I didn't have much opportunity to practice." He paused a moment before letting his curiousity get the better of him.

"So did you guys hear anything about Hogwarts from anyone before getting here? I mean, my dad was here but he didn't tell me too much - he said it was up to me to discover stuff by myself. All I really know is that there's all kinds of magic rooms in the castle."

He let the curiousity show plainly on his face. He was eager to pick up as much as he could about the place, in some part inspired by his father's reticence.

Ryu Storm Blade

Unbeatable Poster

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 am
"Yeah I'm excited, well a little." Hans said to Lu as a more genuine smile formed on his face. "In fact I'm only the second generation in my family to come here. My Parents went here but my grandparents went somewhere in Germany." Hans answered before turning to Charlie "My parents may have gone here but when I asked them to tell me about it they just grinned and sort of laughed." Hans told him with a slight shrug.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 am
LUCY BONKS

User Image
Lucy shook her head sadly.
"Nope. Nothing. They all died before they could tell me. The only person I could hug when I received my Hogwarts letter was this guy, Patrick, and yet, he wasn't a bed of roses." she chuckled. She felt like Caramel would be a pain in the arse the whole year. She cleared her throat and asked:
"How was your summer?"

CaRaM3l K!nGsLe!gH

User Image
Caramel nodded rapidly, biting her lip.
"Ooooh, I read Hogwarts: A History and much more books about Hogwarts! Besides, my sister Faye taught me a lot about magic! I even visited the Ministry of Magic with my Dad! It's so big over there! Ooooh, my summer? It was awesome! But I did nothing special, really..." She smiled, looking at Lucy with shiny, blue eyes.  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:23 am
John "Hans" Mason
First Year
User Image

Hans was silent as Lu talked and unexpectingly laughed a little which brought a sligt smile to Hans' face. He turned to Mel though to speak "I've been there a couple of times with my parents, they both work there, it's huge. I've been to thier small office in Glascow more and even that place is really big." He said with a slight grin, the last time he there the place seemed like a madhouse and he could barely see why anyone would want to work there. "As for my summer, eh I didn't really do too much it was rather boring actually. Since I got my letter my parents had me stay with my grandparents all summer."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 am

User Image
Charlie couldn't help but grin at Mel's enthusiasm. He covered his smile behind a hand and only brought it down when he thought he could control himself. He managed it before answering Lucy.

"My summer was pretty good. I visited my grandparents' farm and managed to get one last ride on a broomstick before getting to London to catch the train. What about yours?"

He turned to Mel and asked:
"Where did you manage to find all the book about Hogwarts? I didn't really see any when I went to Diagon Alley to buy my school things."

Ryu Storm Blade

Unbeatable Poster

Tajar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 am
Luna grumbled to herself as she fell in line behind the other first years. Only she could get lost two feet away from the group she was supposed to be with. She looked around in awe and swallowed her nervousness. She missed her parents but she missed her twin brother even more. She wondered if the homesickness would ever go away.

She paused at the edge of the lake and tried to see over the people in front of her. It was so dark, even with lanterns everywhere. And the excitement was thick in the air around her.

She moved forward into a boat with a few other first years. They all seemed to be talking together so she remained quiet and smiled shyly at them.  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff