Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:40 pm
User Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          anoтнer looѕe cannon gone вι-polar, ѕlιpped down, coυldn'т geт мυcн lower
                                                          qυιcĸѕand'ѕ goт no ѕenѕe oғ нυмor, ι'м ѕтιll laυgнιng lιĸe нell
                                                          yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт вy cryιng тo мe, looĸιng ѕo ѕorry, тнaт ι'м gonna вelιeve
                                                          yoυ've вeen ιnғecтed вy a ѕocιal dιѕeaѕe - well, тнen тaĸe yoυr мedιcιne

spaceOnce it seemed like the first years were all accounted for, Cal began leading them to the lake. He stopped at the shore, doing a quick headcount to make sure he hadn't lost anyone on the way. "Alright, everyone, listen up! We'll be taking the boats across the lake to the school. Each boat seats four students, and someone will have to hold the lantern. Be careful boarding, and no fooling around. I don't want to see any nonsense, and I don't think any of you want to land a detention before you even make it to the school." Knowing that there were probably at least one or two students, who'd fancy just that, Cal narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms before continuing. "Any students who think it would be funny or somehow impressive to accomplish such a task, I advise you re-evaluate your priorities. Carefully." Alright, so it paid to be intimidating sometimes. He found that, generally, he didn't have to make outright threats; his face and posture did it for him. He was pretty sure that anything the students could think of as far as a punishment would be far more severe than anything he'd actually hand out; he'd heard from his daughter a few of the ridiculous things she'd heard students gossiping about professors handing out as punishments. Where kids got these ideas, he'd never know, especially since some of them bordered on torture.

ι creaтed тнe ѕoυnd oғ мadneѕѕ, wroтe тнe вooĸ on paιn
                                                          ѕoмeнow ι'м ѕтιll нere тo eхplaιn
                                                          тнaт тнe darĸeѕт нoυr never coмeѕ ιn тнe nιgнт
                                                          yoυ can ѕleep wιтн a gυn, wнen yoυ gonna waĸe υp and ғιgнт?

wнere - Hogsmeade Station
                                                          wнen - Sept 1, 2047 - Evening
                                                          wιтн - First Year Students
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          First Years should follow Cal!

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:58 pm
User Image

anoтнer looѕe cannon gone вι-polar, ѕlιpped down, coυldn'т geт мυcн lower
                                                          qυιcĸѕand'ѕ goт no ѕenѕe oғ нυмor, ι'м ѕтιll laυgнιng lιĸe нell
                                                          yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт вy cryιng тo мe, looĸιng ѕo ѕorry, тнaт ι'м gonna вelιeve
                                                          yoυ've вeen ιnғecтed вy a ѕocιal dιѕeaѕe - well, тнen тaĸe yoυr мedιcιne

spaceCal watched all of the first years as they made their way into the boats. Best he could tell, everyone managed to get in the boats safely. Glad to see that everyone had made it in more or less unscathed, though there had been a lot of tripping, he boarded one of the boats as well, then called out again for their attention.

space"Alright, everyone! Get settled in, we're about to move." When the first years stopped moving about so much, he settled himself in and tapped the wood of the boat he'd boarded, causing the entire fleet to begin moving slowly across the lake. "As we move, be still, be careful, and don't try any funny business. Get a good look at the castle, maybe try to see if you can see anything interesting in the lake, but do not do anything that might cause your boat to tip over or someone to fall out." This time, there was no attempt at sounding kind; he wanted the students to know better than to try anything. And he certainly didn't want anyone falling into the lake. He'd been doing well enough at the job, he didn't want to ruin it by having to show up at the Great Hall with some poor child freezing and soaked to the bones.

ι creaтed тнe ѕoυnd oғ мadneѕѕ, wroтe тнe вooĸ on paιn
                                                          ѕoмeнow ι'м ѕтιll нere тo eхplaιn
                                                          тнaт тнe darĸeѕт нoυr never coмeѕ ιn тнe nιgнт
                                                          yoυ can ѕleep wιтн a gυn, wнen yoυ gonna waĸe υp and ғιgнт?

wнere - Hogsmeade Station
                                                          wнen - Sept 1, 2046 - Evening
                                                          wιтн - First Year Students
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          First Years should follow Cal!

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The boats glided smoothly through the water until they reached the far shore. The castle grew in size and those in the boats could see the stone structure illuminated in the moonlight. The trip was uneventful, save for maybe a couple of tentacles from the Giant Squid coming up to greet the new first years of the school.

((After finishing the trip, please post here and wait for further instructions.))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Black Lake
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Skipping Stones
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope the sunrise is nice...

Aeryn had decided to be outside the castle that day, the chill winter breeze making her hair dance in the wind. She wrapped Vinny's scarf a bit tighter around her neck, the scarf still long enough to brush her ankles as she marched. Her breath turned to steam and curled up into the sky, but she didn't mind. No one else was awake yet, but she had wanted some fresh air. The redhead picked up a couple small stones, carefully angling as she skipped one. It only went two hops before sinking under, so she sighed softly. Luckily her mom had bought her a nice pair of boots before school this year, despite the family having issues with money. At that thought, the Slytherin hurled one of the stones as hard as possible at the water, frowning slightly. Ugh, maybe she should've seen if Vinny would wake up for this... or maybe it was better she was alone? Stupid emotions.

Addaellis

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:47 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

sixth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club

Sonora was up at her usual early hour, dressed and outside for her usual morning walk. She expressed gratitude for the support of her friends, her family, her professors, and for sleep, for magic, for still having the mandrake leaf in her mouth. She went over the day’s to-do list, briefly consulting her commonplace notebook for what spells she needed more work in. As she neared the water’s edge she started singing, turning the chill morning air to gentle notes.

This far from the castle and early in the morning, Sona was unafraid of being heard by anyone but her own bird, flying overhead. But she still sang rather quietly, and then trailed off partway through-- partially because of the annoying mandrake leaf, partially because she didn’t really feel like the yearning lyrics of the song. She felt like...she didn’t really feel like doing that whole thing this morning. It was fine. she would get the practice in later that day, and she’d feel okay once she got back and got to work anyways. Sona focused her thoughts for the new day, and watched her step as she walked.

She was walking along the lakeshore when Skyfire, armed with better vision in the darkenss before dawn, called a greeting. ”Good morning!” Sona called before she was really close enough to see who it was. But Skyfire swooped down and landed on the person’s shoulder, cluing Sona in that it could only be a handful of people. Sure enough, a few steps closer, she identified Aeryn with a cheerful smile. ”Ah, good morning Aeryn,” she greeted again. ”Up for the sunrise?”

User Image User Image User Image
Every time I see you smile
Every time I hear your voice I wanna
Dance and sing and be a little crazy
Now that you're with me, I'm fine
Knowing I can take my time
Jumping without hesitating
Cause you will always catch me when I fall
♫♪
~"When I Fall" by the Gardiner Sisters

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona

Aeryn threw another stone in the water, huffing as it made a small splash into the lake. She wrapped the scarf tighter around her shoulders, watching the water ripple. Something moved overhead, drawing the girl's brown eyes toward the sky. Up above was Skyfire, circling the area for... some reason. When the bird flew closer, Aeryn whistled up at her. The redhead looked over toward the castle when someone called out to her. It was Sona, of course. Sky set on Aeryn's shoulder, the girl gently petting the bird. "Morning, pretty bird."

Aeryn looked over when Sona walked over, the dark haired girl saying a pleasant greeting. "Morning, Sona. I'm.... up. It's almost sunrise, but honestly I just needed some fresh air. It was getting stuffy in the dungeons." She skipped another stone, grunting quietly as it hopped four times and sank beneath the surface. "What are you doing up this early? Or... out. I thought you usually took walks with Iggy? No... Kam? Whichever."

Addaellis

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:41 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Skyfire called proudly, puffing himself up when Aeryn called him pretty. He was pretty, wasn’t it? He turned expectantly to Sonora, who only smiled at their interaction. In response, Sky fluffed his feathers and turned away, making a show of letting Aeryn pet him.

Sona stood next to Aeryn and watched her skip stones. She nodded at Aeryn commenting that the dungeons were getting stuffy. ”August says the same thing sometimes. I can’t imagine a common room you can’t see sky from.” Sona replied positively. The lake was beautiful and she didn’t fear the depths like her cousin did, but she still couldn’t imagine spending the last six years cooped in a bedroom with beneath the waves.

”I’m usually up this early,” she said with a smile. ”Kam and I usually walk in the mornings, yeah. But we’ve missed each other the last few days just because we don’t always wake up at the same time.” Kam...well, Kam seemed much better. Recently he had been...uncharacteristically energetic occasionally, but he seemed at least to be doing better than the second half of last year, for which she was very glad for. It was nice to have her morning study buddy to talk to.

Sonora picked up a stone herself and mimicked Aeryn’s gesture, tossing the stone in with a thunk. But she wouldn’t be deterred and picked up another stone, watching Aeryn move as they continued talking. ”You’re welcome to walk with us if you’re up this early, you know! Fresh air is great for waking up, not just for getting away from the dungeon!” she added, teasing just a bit about her friend’s affection for coffee.

♫♪

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona & Skyfire

Aeryn lovingly pet the hawk perched upon her shoulder, gladly showering the bird with affection. After mentioning the common room, Sona commented back that her cousin agreed to the stuffiness. "It's all dank and spooky. Not to mention it's always cold. I don't like it much." She shivered once, gently nuzzling the kestrel. Brown eyes looked out over the water, shortly after another stone skipped across. Aeryn was getting pretty good at getting distance.

Sona mentioned the fact that she was usually up that early, and Aeryn nodded, remembering the girl being called upon to assist last year when Aeryn had run out of contacts. Now the redhead only wore her contacts on special events, but it was mostly to the fact that her parents didn't have the money for contacts every month. "Makes sense, he's been acting out of sorts this year. Maybe he fell off a roof." She glanced at Sona, casting a toothy grin.

After a few minutes, Sona tossed a stone in the lake, causing the Slytherin to look over in confusion. "I might. I dunno. The twins tend to stress me out. They're just... unpredictable. Maybe that's because I can't tell them apart." She chuckled softly, flicking another stone across the water. "Besides, I can't tell most people apart. Only knew it was you 'cause of Sky... and also your voice is pretty unique." She pet the bird again, humming softly.

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:40 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

”You.. don’t like the cold, right?” Sona replied when Aeryn explained the Slytherin Common Room wasn’t much fun. ”Dark, cold dungeons...that’s the part of cursebreaking I’m least looking forward to too.” Sonora personally didn’t seem to mind the cold as much as most people, but she definitely hated feeling trapped or helpless, and dungeons definitely didn’t sound like they helped with that. Well, maybe! She had really enjoyed exploring Hogwarts’ dungeons over the last six years.

Sona glanced over with narrowed eyes when Aeryn brought up Kam falling off a roof. She definitely considered the grumpy Slytherin one of her closer friends, but Sona also hadn’t forgotten some of the things Aeryn had said to Kam a few years ago, and definitely hadn’t appreciated those. She relaxed a little though when she realized Aeryn was just trying to be funny.

”I’m hoping...I’m hoping that it’s because he’s just not as stressed over exams and doing better since... well, since I broke up with him,” she murmured, trailing out for a moment and turning the stone around in her hand. Even when she said it, Sonora wasn’t so sure Kam’s new mood was due just to acceptance. But she wasn’t sure what else she could do and as long as Kam was happy and doing well, then everything was okay right? Sona would have liked to say she knew Kam well enough to tell, but she didn’t feel like she had the best track record with that.

Aeryn brought up stressing over not being able to tell the twins apart, which was understandable-- Sona herself had only gotten them mixed up once, but that one time stuck out very prominently in her head. Then Aeryn said it wasn’t just the twins, but people in general that she mixed up. It reminded Sona of her young friend Lee who forgot people’s names often. It wasn’t the same thing exactly, but maybe the same tactic of greeting people by name would help around Aeryn? She made a mental note of it for later. ”They’re--I usually--it’s okay, in any case. Everyone mixes people up.”

She sighed and threw her stone again, but so weakly it basically just rolled down the stony shore. ”That was no good. We’re trying that again,” she laughed, and hopped towards the shore for a brief moment to fetch that same stone. When she got back, Sona asked casually,”What else is stressing you out? It can’t just be our friends.”

♫♪

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

Aeryn sighed softly when Sona asked about the cold, with the redhead tugging on her jacket sleeve. "I don't mind the cold much, I mean... I can always steal sweaters or blankets or whatever... I just don't like that it's dark and spooky all the time." Brown eyes looked over at the Ravenclaw, listening to her speak about cursebreaking. "It'll still be a fun career, I think. You're smart enough to make it work."

After joking about the twins falling off a roof, Sona seemed upset, then said she hoped that he was happier because he was less stressed. "Pft, I dunno about you, but I'm definitely more stressed this year than last. But I dunno. Now that both twins are giggly I really can't tell them apart." She had chosen to forgo comments on Sona's breakup since secretly, Aeryn agreed with it. Kam was kind of a jerk, especially with Jonah, so Sona deserved someone better.

Sona mentioned everyone mixing people up, eliciting a snort from the Slytherin. "I seem to be worse at it than everyone else. I don't know how others tell everyone apart. They're all.... the same, I guess." She shrugged, skipping another rock into the depths of the lake. Aeryn's attention turned to watch Sona.... attempt a throw. After going and recollecting the stone, the Ravenclaw asked what else was stressing Aeryn. The girl in mention sighed, dropping her gaze to look at the stone in hand. "It's lots of things. I don't know what to do with myself after school, I.... I don't know if Vinny's gonna want to stay with me - that's a big one, y'know? I just know I'm not good enough for him, and I'm waitin' on him to realize the same thing..."

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sona looked over sympathetically when Aeryn said it was the dark and not the cold that got to her more. Maybe it was talking about stressful things, or because she had been reading about dementors last night, but dark and spooky had Sona thinking about boggarts and dark creatures. ”I...my boggart is darkness and spooky words. So I can appreciate the discomfort,” she said gently, nodding in comaraderie. The sky was getting lighter, even if the sun wasn’t visible yet, Sona felt like it was telling her to stop thinking of negative things like dumb boggarts. ”Just don’t forget there’s light at the end of that darkness. And just because we can’t see the sun yet doesn’t mean it’s not getting brighter!

On that notes though, Sona was happy to talk about cursebreaking more. ”Oh definitely! I figure if I find a site where I have to deal with it, I’ll learn to deal. But if not, there’s plenty of cursebreaking work just with the safe disenchantment and disposal of dark or simply misenchanted artefacts.” She smiled happily at cursebreaking dreams for a moment. She’d grown up hearing about adventures from her grandparents, and couldn’t wait for her own.

Sona threw another stone which sailed out and hit the water with a plonk. “You know, my dad’s been trying to teach me how to skip stones since some of the first times we went camping together. Most things I’ll slowly get better at, but skipping stones of all small things, just hasn’t happened.” Her smile turned self-deprecating for a moment. Maybe darkness would always be uncomfortable. Maybe she wouldn’t learn to deal. Or maybe even if she did, it would be too late. Sona pushed the thought aside and drew her wand. With a carefully imagined spell, she sent a stone flying with a pointed ”Waddiwassi!” The stone flew out, bounced off the surface of the lake once then sunk beneath the water. ”I’ll take it, she laughed before tucking her wand back and returning to skipping stones by hand.

When the topic turned to school and stress, Sonora pondered the comment about this year being more stressful than last year. ”Is it? I guess the class material is harder, but it’s all fascinating. It’s the nice kind of stress I think. I guess I’m okay with animagus things because I spent the last three years reading up and asking questions so now it’s just this--stupid leaf -- wait--there, sorry.” She paused when the mandrake leaf shifted out of place and moved it quickly back, wiping her finger on a handkerchief she kept specifically for mandrake problems. ”Is apparition stressful?

“Like...everyone’s the same? Like...everyone’s a twin of each other?” Sure she wasn’t the best at keeping people straight and she sometimes forgot people, but with a bit of effort even she could mostly recognize individuals apart at school. Aeryn was making it sound like something different. Sona stared at Aeryn’s glasses for a long minute. ”I’m assuming you mean even with your glasses on? Have you talked to a doctor about it? Or a healer? Maybe it’s a curse or something.” she certainly hadn’t heard of a curse that made it hard to tell people apart, but then again she hadn’t heard of a non-magical condition like that either. The only thing that came to mind was polyjuice potion, but not everyone was taking polyjuice potion all the time!

“So, post-graduation plans, and whether or not Vinny wants to be part of them.” Sona nodded, counting two fingers. ”Everything I’ve seen says that Vinny loves you very much and would definitely want to stay with you.” she said. She paused. Sona hadn’t really wanted to do this whole thing today and break thoughts and feelings down and think things through carefully and all that. But the moment Aeryn replied with such a serious comment, Sona slipped into that mindset anyways -- anyways, it was always easier working with other people than it was with her own feelings. ”But I don’t want to just dismiss your feelings. Why don’t you feel like you’re good enough for him? ”

//OOC: Thank you for your patience! XD This took so long to write and I still feel like it needs another paragraph, but we're going to go with this for now. Let me know if I can edit anything to make this conversation go smoother, and feel free to wrap up a line of discussion anywhere you'd like.
Miss GryffindorK

♫♪

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Aeryn looked over at Sona when she mentioned her boggart, the redhead frowning sadly. "Mine's darkness.... and abandonment." After a short sigh, she continued, "I'm terrified that you guys are all going to realize what a terrible person I am and leave." She shook her head, frowning as she flung a rock into the water. It got a bunch of skips in before vanishing, and honestly the Slytherin was proud of herself for it.

After speaking of Sona's Cursebreaking career, the Ravenclaw continued, happily discussing possibilities within her path. Aeryn smiled softly, happy that her friend was so excited. After watching the Ravenclaw try and fail to skip another rock, then resort to magic, she couldn't help but chuckle at her mention of learning from her dad. "That's because you're not doing it right. You're trying to fling the rock, not skip. Here, watch me." She explained her movements carefully, finally skipping the stone a few times.

Mentioning the difficulties of this year, Sona seemed confused. At her question, Aeryn shrugged. The Ravenclaw carefully adjusted the leaf within her mouth, then continued. "In part it'st he classes, sure. Mostly it's all the pressure we're under. We've got to have our whole lives planned out to the tee, it seems. And everyone's falling mad in love and partnering up... I just don't know, y'know? It just seems like I'm the only one here without a plan for life after school."

Sona asked about Apparation and Aeryn snorted. "Not really. I don't have to keep a bloody leaf in my mouth going on a month. It's hard to keep focus straight, but otherwise it's not terrible." A few seconds later they were talking of the twins, with the redhead mentioning not being able to tell them (or anyone else) apart. That certainly piqued Sona's interest, with the inquisitive girl asking further questions. "Well... no. I can usually tell people apart, it's just... not by their face. Like, I know everyone's got a nose in the center with an eye on either side, but... the features all sort of... blur together. I can't really make out any distinguishing features. Like... if you were to say Jonah has a giant nose... I'd never know." But hey, maybe she was right about it being a curse... or not. "Couldn't be. I don't think I've ever been able to tell, yet I wasn't in the magic world until Cian turned eleven..."

Once on the topic of her upset, Sona summed up the topic quickly, then set about being super reassuring. Aeryn knew Vinny loved her... or was enamored or whatever her mum said, it just didn't seem real. Sona calmly asked why she felt her feelings, causing the redhead to sigh once more. "I dunno... I guess because he's this happy, genuine guy and I'm... not? I'm more like a grumpy little troll that started following him around. He's so much better of a person that I feel that I am, and so I don't feel like I deserve to be with someone as perfect and wonderful as he is."

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

"I'm terrified that you guys are all going to realize what a terrible person I am and leave."

Sonora flinched. It sounded too close to the kind of thing her own boggart might say. You’re selfish. You’re boring. You’re unobservant. Sonora hated boggarts. It wasn’t just that they showed her terrible things, but they showed lies. Aeryn’s boggart rang eerily close to Vespera’s, and knowing that stupid lying boggarts had driven all three girls in their group into their own minds because they were afraid of losing each other--that was infuriating. Generally Sona didn’t like hatred as an emotion, but exterminating boggarts sounded almost noble at this point. She took a deep breath of the cold morning air. No, as much as she hated the dark creatures, destroying them didn’t solve the underlying insecurity. And no matter how many times they fought off that insecurity, she had learned that it lingered still, worming around the back of their heads for a moment they were the most vulnerable.So her words, while on the same note, weren’t quite what she told Vespera two years ago:

”It’s...it’s okay to feel...insecure and...lonely sometimes,” she murmured gently. ”But if it helps, I don’t think you’re a terrible person. You tell things as you see it, Aeryn, and that’s admirable sometimes. I’m not going to pretend I think you’ve always handled everything perfectly, but I think you’re honest, and you show that you care more than your words let on.” She paused. ”You, Ves and I should hang out more. We’re closer than we think.”

There was a bit of discussion about how to throw a rock, and while Sona was perfectly fine with Waddiwassi-ing the rest of the rocks in her life, she followed along and learned this skipping stones for the hundredth time in her life. Aeryn discussed her worries and the pressure on them a mere two years before graduation. She kind of understood that, but her parents had been very supportive on that front. She pondered for a moment before replying. ”I get that. I panicked about classes in third year, thinking I had to take every elective because anything might be useful. And now it feels like we have to have more than just classes together.” she hesitated a little, knowing Aeryn had specified life things..falling mad in love and pairing off. Sure, she knew she loved Jonah, but she still hadn’t said anything...at least not while he was awake. Not saying anything was hardly a good long-term plan...but she pushed the thoughts aside. Thank goodness she at least knew what she wanted to be doing for work. ”Um..I’m not sure if they’ll help, but my parents told me about what it was like for them out of school and that helped me? Neither of them really had an idea what they were doing at 16, and neither of them had dated by then, and it’s helped knowing that they were just as confused and scared as I am sometimes. It’s okay...it's okay not to know what you’re doing, or even if you change your mind along the way! And all these little adulting skills...we’ll learn them as we go, okay?”

Sona reached out and gave Aeryn’s hand a little squeeze. ”I think we’re all a little lost, especially about how to life. But we’re going to be okay. Things will work out. Even if we take the long way around...it’ll be okay. And you’ve got people who are always willing to listen. Vinny, Jonah, me… August’s no good at the relationship talk, but he loves talking about careers and schoolwork. We’re your friends, you know. That means you can talk to us, and we’ll build something together. ” She offered a reassuring smile. ”And we’re not running away.”

Sonora groaned at mention of the leaf, and giggled at Aeryn’s joke about Jonah having a giant nose. She pondered Aeryn’s description of this mysterious curse seriously for a moment before jotting a quick note in her manuscript book. ”Hm. Well, I’ll help keep an eye out for something like this, curse or otherwise.”

Sona listened quietly as Aeryn sorted out her thoughts. She pursed her lips a little, realizing this was tying back very much to what Aeryn had said earlier about feeling pressured over having her life figured out. She wondered how Aeryn had gotten this terrible image of herself. But she also knew, very clearly, that feelings were strange and thoughts could get very twisted up in their own heads. So she resisted her urge to just reassure her friend again. Listening now...all this talk about how wonderful Vinny was and how Aeryn thought of herself as...not….”It...It sounds like like you don’t think very much of yourself,” she started slowly. ”So first, So challenge! List ten things you’ve done that you’re proud of yourself for, no matter how big or small, about anything. Go!”

Miss GryffindorK

♫♪

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:05 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

first year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club

Early in the school year, Weslyn has come out to the lake after classes to admire the water. She found out soon there were merpeople in the Lake, and a wonderful and gentle Giant Squid. She had only swam around a few times, early in September, before she decided it was too cold to swim. Still, Wes occasionally would come outside with Kenny or Yukon—or even one of her new friends.

If she came outside just after dinner, Weslyn sometimes recognized a merman with dark green coloring. If he approached the shore, Weslyn would offer a piece of human food, and he would give her a piece of seaweed or fish or other trinket in return. Once she had brought him a daisy chain necklace and he had returned a few days later with a brightly colored feather on a cord with stone and shell beads. It had quickly become her favorite accessory.

Today though, Weslyn wasn’t out here to meet the merman or his grumpy grindlylow. It was Springtime, and Wes figured it had finally gotten warm enough to swim again. She was a few meters out, treading water and listening to the singing of a couple girls also up early. Their voices seemed close to the boathouse and Wes was far enough that she didn’t think she’d be noticed. She hadn’t noticed anyone else anyways.

setting Lake || with Just herself? for now
wearing multicolored swimsuit || status Enjoying the quiet

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wake up, wake up, the sun cannot wait for long
Reach out, reach out before it fades away
You will find the warmth when you surrender
Smile into the fear and let it play
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 pm
addaellis

User Image
                                            Nightshades on a warning
                                            Give me strength at least give me a light
                                            Give me anything even sympathy
                                            There's a chance you could be right
                                            If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh

Skip was glad it was warm! Warm meant swimming. He had befriended this merman and even got to race him but clearly, as he was not designed for swimming as his buddy as he lost. He must have done good cause he got a cool looking shell that has a special place on his bedside table. Once he popped up for air he spotted a girl of his year. Weslyn was her name if he recalled. She was quiet and usually sat with her brother Kenny. He started swimming in her direction before diving under once more. He would pop up near her and put his swim goggles to his forehead "Hey Weslyn what's up!" he said treading water near her.

Voices in your body coming through on the radio
                                                                                The union of the snake is on the climb
                                                                                Moving up it's gonna race it's gonna break
                                                                                Through the borderline

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff