Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Spooky Lake
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Waiting to get to the school
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is so cool!

Hariette followed the group of first years down to a huge lake. Holy cow it was going to take forever! Luckily there were little boats because she was pretty sure she wouldn't make it swimming. Besides, she was in a new outfit that she didn't want to get all gross. Suddenly, another girl was near, offering a hand and her name. "Halo! I'm Hariette Nakano-Roussel, but I go by Hari. I'm not much of a boat person, but I'm sure I've been in one before. If you'd like to share, we totally can!" She grinned brightly, stepping carefully into one of the empty boats.

"What are you most excited for? I can't decide between living in a castle and learning magic... both are pretty cool!" She looked up at the twinkly lights of the castle again, excitement practically radiating from the blonde. Maybe Mattie would make for a nice friend, something especially useful for a new student. Besides, such a big castle would probably get lonely without friends...

mc2

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀʏ
          Wʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ! Iᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀʏ
          Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴏᴏɴ
          I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀs I ᴀᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀʏ
          I'ᴍ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴡᴏɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʜᴀʟғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜɴ
          Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴍᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ I'ᴍ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɴᴇ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀʏ
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ! I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀs I ᴀᴍ
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❅ "Mattie" ❅ Matilda Rose Harper ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Dressed: Smartly in her uniform with her trusty combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie thought it was so cool to find a fellow girl who seemed as girly as her with the spunk to go by what could easily be a boy's name. She was sure she liked Hari right away. She was cute and nice and mostly not horribly being mean towards Mattie which was always a win. Mattie followed Hari into one of the boats and smiled as Hari asked what she was most excited for. The truth was she was most excited not to be under Ma'am and Sir's thumbs and demands for control and perfection from them. Overbearing parents were awful. Mattie was sure that sounded weird as what to look forward to in going to a magical boarding school in a castle. Her second choice of spending more time with her brother Eden just sounded lame and clingy. She considered all Eden said about Hogwarts and decided, "While the classes sound amazing, it is quidditch I'm looking forward to most. Flying on a broom and playing a version of football sounds wicked cool," Mattie answered giving her third most looked forward to thing about Hogwarts. "I'm not sure what position sounds best maybe beater... but chaser sounds cool too. I don't have the patience for keeper or seeker. Oh... I'm so sorry I don't know if you know about quidditch or not. I have a brother who is a fourth year so he told me a lot. Truth is we never even knew magic was real till the governor showed up to tell him he was a wizard."

She smiled and asked genuinely curious, "What about you? What's your family like?" She was sure growing up with magic would be very different than her upbringing so far, though, Mattie knew that her upbringing while less than 100% correct was wrong wasn't exactly what most parents of her peers expected even in the non-magical world. Muggle? Muggle world. Yes, that was the term.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃʷ ᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ❅ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ❅ ᴬ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱˢ, ᵃ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ❅
                                                ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵗᵒᵒ ˡᵃᵗᵉ ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉ ❅ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵉˡᵖᵉᵈ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ❅
                                                ᴮᵘᵗ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ⁿᵒᵗⁱᶜᵉˢ ᵘⁿᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵗᵒᵒ ❅ ᴸᵃᵗᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ᵃⁿʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ
                                                {OoC:}
                                                Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Hariette grinned brightly when Mattie mentioned wanting to play quidditch. Always a good answer. She was debating on positions, then apologized. Wait, what? "No, no! Don't apologize. I know all about quidditch! My dad plays on a professional team." She chuckled softly, her ever-present grin standing strong. After a second, Mattie asked about Hari's family, earning a dreamy sigh. "Well, my immediate family is my dad, my père, and my little brother. Both père and my brother - Cassidy - are metamorphmaguses. So that's always fun. My dad's a quidditch player and père is a healer. It's a pretty fun household." She nodded along, then took up a ponderance. "So other than being a muggleborn with a big brother.... tell me about your family?" A perfect start to a friendship... hopefully.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:58 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx

"Oh my God," Mattie exclaimed at Hari's revelation about her father's occupation. "That is so cool about your Dad!" She smiled and sat on the edge of her seat as she happily listened to Hari explain about her family. "What's a metamorphmagus?" Mattie asked confused. She was pretty sure she caught the rest but that term was foreign to her. It was probably some magic condition but what besides causing a change of some sort she couldn't guess. When it came to her she smiled as she considered how to explain her family using the new wizarding terms with the slightest bit of hesitation, "My... my father is a Captain and my mother is a Lieutenant in the English muggle military. Ma'am, my mother, she is a medic and nurse. Sir, my father, he's a marksmanship instructor most of the time. My brother, Eden, and I have moved a few times around the world depending on where my parents are based. We are currently in London but my parents family are from Cardiff and in the Shropshire countryside." Mattie hoped that the idea of her parents being in the military and 'tools of war' even though they were mostly in peace was not offensive to Hari. She wanted a beautiful friendship or any friendship. Poor Mattie was so friend-starved she was willing to settle for someone who would let her share the same table in the library.

ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃʷ ᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ❅ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ❅ ᴬ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱˢ, ᵃ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ❅
                                                ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵗᵒᵒ ˡᵃᵗᵉ ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉ ❅ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵉˡᵖᵉᵈ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ❅
                                                Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Hariette grinned even brighter when Mattie started in on how cool it was that her dad played professionally. It was pretty awesome, wasn't it. "It's super sweet! He's really good, too!" The next bit was a question about metamorphs, which Hari rather enjoyed talking about. "Oh, it's super neat. They can change colors or sometimes things like their nose or eyes or whatever. Sometimes they change based on emotions. Like when père gets angry his hair and eyes turn dark red. It's spooky, but so cool to watch." She grinned, glancing over the crowd. Someone in particular caught her eye, and loudly she pointed them out. "Like that kid! He's a meta!!" She practically cheered, not noticing the boy's hair turn a pale green color.

After returning to her own conversation, she asked Mattie to explain her family. The girl seemed to pause a bit, but her explanation seemed a lot less enthused than Hari's had been. Apparently they were a military family, so she'd been all over the world. "I've traveled to a few countries. Iceland with my birth family, then to France for père's family, Japan to meet dad's family... it's been wild, but at least now I know a bunch of languages!" That brought a grin to her lips again. The blonde straightened her dress, glancing out at the castle again. Hopefully soon they'd be on their way to get sorted and eat dinner because breakfast was forever ago.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              тнere'ѕ no one lιĸe yoυ
                                              ι can'т waιт ғor тнe nιgнтѕ wιтн yoυ
                                              ι ιмagιne тнe тнιngѕ we'll do
                                              ι jυѕт wanт тo вe loved вy yoυ

spaceCal watched all of the first years as they made their way into the boats. Best he could tell, everyone managed to get in the boats safely. Glad to see that everyone had made it in more or less unscathed, though there had been a lot of tripping, he boarded one of the boats as well, then called out again for their attention.

space"Alright, everyone! Get settled in, we're about to move." When the first years stopped moving about so much, he settled himself in and tapped the wood of the boat he'd boarded, causing the entire fleet to begin moving slowly across the lake. "As we move, be still, be careful, and don't try any funny business. Get a good look at the castle, maybe try to see if you can see anything interesting in the lake, but do not do anything that might cause your boat to tip over or someone to fall out." This time, there was no attempt at sounding kind; he wanted the students to know better than to try anything. And he certainly didn't want anyone falling into the lake. He'd been doing well enough at the job, he didn't want to ruin it by having to show up at the Great Hall with some poor child freezing and soaked to the bones.

gιrl, тнere are really no wordѕ ѕтrong enoυgн
                                              тo deѕcrιвe all мy longιng ғor love
                                              ι don'т wanт мy ғeelιngѕ reѕтraιned
                                              oн вaвe, ι jυѕт need yoυ lιĸe never вeғore
                                              ι jυѕт ιмagιne yoυ'd coмe тнroυgн тнιѕ door
                                              yoυ'd тaĸe all мy ѕorrow away

wнere - Train Station
                                              wнen - 1 Sept 2051
                                              wιтн - First Years
                                              - ooc -
                                              First Year Students Should follow Callum!

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:17 am
xxxxxxxxx

"I bet it is really awesome to see him in person and the rest of the team, too," Mattie said, grinning. She listened, much like any good student, at the edge of her seat with her hands folded in her lap as she learned what a metamorphmagus was. Mattie wondered what her parents would look like as metamorphs and decided with their controlled emotions they probably wouldn't change appearance at all unless they wanted to. She was glad not to be a metamorphs, no matter how cool it sounded, because she was sure she'd be a rainbow with her constant inner feelings conflicting with each other.

When Hari pointed out one of their fellow students as a metamorph, Mattie turned to look a bit more obvious than good manners might indicate she should. Looking back to her hopefully new and first friend (beside her brother), she said, "Weird... Eden didn't mention that in any of his letters. Thank you for letting me know. I guess there is only so much you can share with your kid sister about a place as amazing as this." She gazed up at the castle, still smiling, when Hari added about her own travels. Chuckling Mattie said, "I wish just visiting a place helped me know the language. To be fair I lived mostly on base so not a lot of the local language was used there."

When Mr. Murdoch announced the move and warned them to be careful, Mattie straightened on her seat in the boat and post holding the lantern. Looking to Hari she said impishly, "He kind of reminded me of Sir for a minute." Her father did not like 'funny business' either and they both were intimidating in their own ways so despite their father looking very different than Mr. Murdoch the resemblance stood true.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:57 am

The boats glided smoothly through the water until they reached the far shore. The castle grew in size and those in the boats could see the stone structure illuminated in the moonlight. The trip was uneventful, save for maybe a couple of tentacles from the Giant Squid coming up to greet the new first years of the school.

((After finishing the trip, please post here and wait for further instructions.))
[  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:08 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club head chef
Herbology Club co-captain || Quidditch manager

Sunday afternoon after the Herbology club trek to the lake for a special underwater-plants field trip, Weslyn decided to just stay out a little longer. She didn’t have to be at Quidditch practice, and even though her fingers were already pruny, it was too nice a day to not be in the water.

The last year had been..surprisingly stressful! Weslyn had thought with OWLs over, they would have a break until NEWTs next year. But NEWT-level classes were challenging, and even though she had dropped two classes she felt like it had just as much coursework, if not more.

And then there were club activities-- Thinking of club activities for Herbology and Cooking had been…surprisingly fun! Weslyn smiled as she stretched on her back, floating aimlessly on the lake. At the start of the year she had been beyond herself with worry that she wouldn't be able to handle anything, and wouldn’t even have Yukon to rely on. But she had Kenny, and she had Skip and Willow and Tori and Celeste, and all the friendly faces still at Hogwarts with her. And it had been okay.

”And so she worried, the lines of her hands became the lines upon her face,” sang a melodic tenor under the waves. Wes turned to find a familiar mer-face watching just under the waves. And she had Asra--he counted as a friend, right? The merman must have finished showing off for the other Herbology Club members and made his way back over. ”Although I suppose you look less worried than usual.”

In her best Mermish--she’d managed to practice a little over the years-- Wes murmured under the water: ”Just relaxing and thinking about the changes this season-cycle.”

Asra made a face Wes now recognized as amusement--no doubt her pronunciation or phrasing or something was off-- before he looped around under the water, popping up to wave with an arm. His tuneful greeting turned to a screeching sound above water as he greeted the newcomer.

”He was saying hello,” Wes translated as she turned, treading water to see who had joined them.

setting The Lake, Sunday afternoon in Spring 2054 || with Asra + whoever incoming!
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing striped blue swimsuit dress
status reminiscing

Cat Waffle

"murruelecreuset"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
She may be the mirror of my dream
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
✿❀
~"She" by Josh Groban.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Black Lake - Hogsmeade
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Knight
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Ice Skating upon the lake
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's so sweet to set this date

Callie was quite excited for winter holidays. Not only did she get to visit her family, but she got to spend more than a few hours at a time (on various Saturdays, no less!) with Eden. He had planned a rather elaborate date, with dinner and a movie, followed by just wandering around Hogsmeade and visiting the shops. The park was all decorated for Christmas, so they spent some time there, before finally heading to the Lake to do some skating.

As they donned their skates, Callie cast a few Glacius charms on the already frozen lake, hoping to ensure the ice would be thick enough to fully skate on without worry. Holding Eden's hand, she stepped onto the icy lake, drawing in a deep breath as dark eyes glanced to the beautiful array of stars above them. "This has been a perfect day, dear Knight. One that I would love to remain deep into tomorrow."

She gently squeezed his hand before releasing him, twirling about nearby. Ice skating was quite fun, though it could only be done for a short time each year. Skating back beside Eden, Callie handed him a small, elaborately wrapped gift. It was done up in a deep blue paper, with gold patterns of constellations strewn about, and adorned in a fancy gold bow. "I got this for you. It's not quite Christmas yet, but I figured it would be well suited for tonight. I do quite hope you like it."

Inside the box was an Astrolabe Compass. Once he'd opened it, she offered an explanation. "See, it normally sits like this, but when you open it... one side becomes a compass. The other is an astrolabe. I figured it must be fate, be you traveling in day or night, you can always find your way back to me." She grinned at the last bit, her pale cheeks tinging a pinkish hue. Hopefully Eden liked it as much as she had.

{{Wearing :: Pink and Gold}}
          addaellis

Hɪɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
          Fɪɢʜᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʟғɪsʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Hᴏʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄʀᴀsʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴅs
          A ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴄᴋs 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ I ᴡɪsʜ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Cʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴇɴᴛʟᴇssʟʏ, sᴛɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴅʏ?
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

18 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Hit Wizard

Today was a special date. Every date with Callie was special, even the odd Saturday lunch in Hogsmeade they had to make do with. But hopefully tonight would be…well, extra special. Last year they had faced months of putting up with unflattering rumours of him cheating on Callie with Jess–as though he could cheat!-- and with him busy with Hit Wizard orientations in summer and Callie back at Hogwarts in the Fall, Eden had been feeling extra lonely for a while now. He trusted her, and knew she trusted him. But he wanted to do more anyways. He had a strategy. If only tonight would go smoothly.

They had started with a movie, followed by a nice dinner and a walk through Hogsmeade. Conversation flowed naturally between them now, and silences were comfortable. There didn’t always need to be banter–sometimes just having his Starflower’s tiny hand tucked in his, both of them just gazing at the winter lights, was enough–comfort, solace, gentle serenity in her presence.

"This has been a perfect day, dear Knight. One that I would love to remain deep into tomorrow."

Eden’s face flushed a little as he thought of a few less-than-innocuous ways their date might extend late into the next day. He smiled at her innocent contentment though and kissed a chaste kiss to Callie’s temple. ”You are perfect, Starflower. We still have a few more hours together.”

Eden had been ice skating only once a long time ago, but Callie seemed excited, and he couldn’t deny his lady-love. Besides, “skating together under the starlight” may have come up word for word when he and Lochi were working on their secret project this year. Eden transfigured his shoes as Callie cast a spell over the surface of the lake. He held her hand shakily, nowhere as comfortable on ice as his girlfriend was.

Callie released his hand for a moment, twirling elegantly nearby as he smiled on, happy to just stand upright and glide forward without stumbling. After a few moments, Callie skated back to where he was and handed him a small, wrapped gift. ”Oh! Time to exchange presents? he asked, gliding back to the lake bank to steady himself and open the package.

Eden had prepared two presents– one was for Callie, a crystal hair comb to complement the moon-and-stars hair pins she seemed always to have. He set this present in Callie’s hands now, as his heartbeat sped up suddenly terrified about the other present–the present for both of them tucked safely in the interior chest pocket of his coat.

”And for you. Shall we open them?”

Eden held the compass in the flat of his palm, running his fingers curiously along the edges and listened to Callie’s explanation: ”I figured it must be fate, be you travelling in day or night, you can always find your way back to me.”

Eden looked up to see the delicate pink of a blush grace Callie’s pale cheeks. He cupped her cheek with one warm hand and touched their foreheads together gently. ”I love it. I love you, Callie. Thank you. And I promise, I will always find my way back to you.”

setting Black Lake, December 2055 || with My Starflower
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing sweater and warm jacket, layers under jeans
status In all the sky and seas,I was blessed to have found you, my guiding star.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:33 am
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Black Lake - Hogsmeade
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Knight
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Ice Skating upon the lake
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Callie offered a small grin when Eden said they had a few more hours together, on top of calling her perfect. Wasn't he just the most thoughtful person? "Yes, a few more perfect hours beneath this star-specked sky." She sighed happily, her breath curling toward the sky. It truly was a beautiful night, though she often found clear winter nights to be her favorites. She skated around, still staying close to Eden, who seemed a little less steady on his feet.

After offering the gift, Eden skated closer to the bank to open it (and likely to help prevent himself from falling). "Exchange? Oh Eden, you didn't have to get me anything!" She did, however, accept the gift, delicately opening the packaging. When she spotted the comb, Callie gasped softly. "Oh Eden, this is lovely! I shall have to start wearing my hair in new styles so I can show it off. Thank you!"

Eden seemed to like his gift too, laying a warm hand against her cheek as he professed his love alongside his dedication to always find his way back to her. Callie carefully tilted up, pressing a kiss to Eden's lips. "I love you too, Eden. More than my love for all the stars in all the skies." She grinned, so glad she was able to find Eden that fateful day.

After a few moments, Callie went back to the ice, holding Eden's hands as she carefully backed up. "Move forward by pushing your feet outward, a bit. Otherwise, it would only be momentum, see? Like this." She twirled around, skating almost effortlessly on the frozen lake. Once she realized she was ahead by a fair distance, Callie slowed to a stop, starting to turn back toward him. As she moved, a soft cracking sounded. She looked at the cracks forming on the surface, then back at Eden. "You may want to turn and head back to shore..." She carefully turned around, the cracks getting louder and deeper around her. Dark eyes looked over at Eden, the girl's heart racing. Maybe if she was just careful, she could get back to a safe spot?

The blonde ever so slowly moved one foot forward, shifting her weight to the front. That may have been a mistake, as the ice groaned and cracks drove deeper. In a panic, she went to take her next step, the next move, as though she were on a chessboard trying to lead away from danger. As soon as her weight shifted, the ice erupted in a loud noise, and Callie screamed as she was plunged into a frozen dark. This wasn't like nighttime, no, it was painfully suffocating. She tried to hold her breath, but the icy cold felt like it was crushing against her ribs. She couldn't tell up from down, couldn't find safety. No, her only option was to close her eyes and succumb to the darkness.

{{Wearing :: Pink and Gold}}
          addaellis

Hɪɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
          Fɪɢʜᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʟғɪsʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Hᴏʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄʀᴀsʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴅs
          A ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴄᴋs 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ I ᴡɪsʜ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Cʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴇɴᴛʟᴇssʟʏ, sᴛɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴅʏ?
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:50 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

18 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Hit Wizard

Despite getting him something, Callie protested that Edem hadn’t needed to get her anywhting. She seemed delighted by the present, and pressed her lips gently to his. She loves you too. She loves you. he repeated her words to himself happily.

The young couple made their way back onto the ice. Eden’s heart was simultaneously racing and calm, spreading a warm feeling through him. Callie gave him a few tips on skating, holding his hands until he was more comfortable. Eden had a good sense of poise and balance off the ice that seemed to help, and with a few good pointers, he was able to glide slowly around. Callie twirled away, skating across the frozen lake like she was an angel floating over the ice. The evening had been perfect. Callie was super happy. The timing was perfect.

Eden was distracted reaching for the inside pocket of his coat when a sudden crackling sound caught his attention. His eyes jumped up– Moon’s not full, so It can’t be a werewolf, maybe– before realizing the deeper noise meant the crack was much closer than he thought.

”Callie–” he started, but Callie had the same idea, suggesting he turn back. ”You too,” Eden said, fumbling for his wand instead. He reached a hand out. ”Carefully. Gently… Just give me a sec–”

The ice groaned, and the cracks drove deeper. Callie tried moving forward, but as soon as she leaned forward, the snapped, crumbling into the water like a collapsing star.

”CALLIE!” Eden’s scream overlapped with Callie’s. He wasted a precious second staring in disbelief, his wand drawn uselessly too late and his feet buckling with the collapsing ice.

Then he dove in. The cold water hit him like razor blades, and the darkness pressed even harder against his eyes. He managed a nonverbal bubble head charm and light, summoned his muscles to kick, and propelled himself further into the depths. He spotted Callie just ahead–she was suspended in the water with her eyes shut– he feared the worst. Wrapping an arm around her, Eden held his Callie close and imagined the surface as he channelled magic through them both.

With a soft pop, they materialized safe on shore next to their belongings. A frigid gale chilled him to his bones, and he wasn’t even sure where his clothing ended and his numb skin began. ”Callie? Callie?! Answer me, starflower!” he begged. Portare Flamma He tucked a bluebell in her coat, hoping to keep her heart warm and folded her fingers around another, desperately hoping to wake her with some warmth. But it wouldn’t be enough. She needed proper treatment.

Eden gathered Callie in his arms again and channelled magic through them again. He stared up at the sky and thought of warmth and safety.

setting Black Lake, December 2055 || with My Starflower
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing sweater and warm jacket, layers under jeans
status Please please let her be okay!

Continued at the Harper Residence

Cinnabun Gryffie

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:05 pm
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff Fifth Year ♖
Prefect ♖ Dueling Club ♖ Quidditch Beater ♖ Lead Stabber ♖ Musician

▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik sighed a deep sigh as she sat down by the lake. Being at school was nice, she had friends to talk to, she could escape her family. Except, more and more of her family kept coming to Hogwarts.

She took out a piece of parchment and a quill and began writing to her penpal. They had started writing fairly recently, and she had told him about her extended family, her mystery aunt, her house where she grew up, her dead brother. Now, she was going to write about Hogwarts - the guy probably didn't attend (how had they not talked about schooling yet), and there probably weren't trade secrets about Hogwarts that another wizard couldn't know. So she wrote away.

Dominik jumped when she heard someone coming behind her, quickly folding the parchment over itself, to prevent anyone from reading her letter. She let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was only Daphne. She smiled at her friend, "Hey Daphne, your bed already get overtaken this year with their clothes or did they invest in a bigger wardrobe for once?"

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Where & Who: Dominik and Daphne at the lake
Thinking about: Friends <3
Wearing: black leggings, yellow top

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Lake Shore
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Dominik
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Surprise Meeting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's a nice day out

Daphne had been wandering around the grounds, looking for somewhere to snap some nice photos. She had been feeling quite restless, knowing her plate was filling up so much faster than normal. Between prefect duties, helping with quidditch, classes, and clubs, she seemed to be pulled from a million directions. The cool autumn breeze made her blonde hair dance a bit, but luckily her headband prevented most of it from flying into her face. She'd spent most of the summer growing out her hair, which she used to wear at shoulder length.

As she contemplated the day, Daphne noticed a familiar blonde down by the lake shore. The Slytherin walked the well-trod path, then looked a bit shocked when Dominik jumped in fright. A sigh of relief left both girls, then Dominik spoke up, asking about the Wellbeloves. "Well, there's no clothes on my bed, but their brother was in the dorm. Plus it's just such a lovely day, and I wanted to get some pictures on my walk. What are you up to?" She offered a happy smile, one that often graced Daphne's expression. It seemed like Dominik had been writing, or perhaps drawing, but Daph didn't want to assume anything.

{{Wearing :: Fall Fancies}}
Stefan Lee Salvatore

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛғᴜʟ ᴏғ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Wɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ
Dᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴍᴇ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴀ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs ғʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴇs, ɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Aɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄʀɪᴇs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area