Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Lopsided Pumpkins (IMPORTANT)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think this is good?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Happy Colours

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm
Have you ever been in Wal-Mart during the Halloween season, looking for pumpkins, and when you get the the big boxes, there's a bunch of lopsided and gnarled ones? And you automatically think, 'aw damn, I don't want an ugly one!!'

And that right there is the problem with America.

Why are people being bullied? Why are people committing suicide? Why is there Spirit Day? Because no one wants to look inside, instead of out. Everyone judges everyone on what they wear, how they look, their size, their religion, their skin color, and their sexuality. But there's much more.

People are all different on the inside. Just because he's an atheist doesn't mean his favorite sport isn't soccer, like yours. Just because she's black and your Mexican doesn't change that you both hate chicken.

So why can't we all stop judging like that? Why can't we go and buy a lopsided pumpkin? Why can't we make friends with the girl who has Down Syndrome? Why can't we all just be good people?

Think about it. You're in Wal-Mart, you see a black person and you go, 'Ew, she's probably robbing the place.' Then, you go pick out a pumpkin, see all the un-perfect ones and go, 'Ew, lopsided ones are ugly.'

See people? America is wrong. America isn't what anyone wants. No one likes to be bullied, so why do we do it? I don't know.

I bought 10 lopsided pumpkins before Halloween. That was how many were left in the bottom of the boxes at Wal-Mart.

Buy a lopsided pumpkin, and be a better person.

Hap~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm
Too many puppies...
I agree. Besides, I am a sucker for imperfections. <3 Who wants to be perfect and ew, when you can have a few imperfections and be super amazing? I know I love my imperfections.
...With guns in their hands

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 pm
I don't understand why people need to make a debate out of every small thing that comes along trying to link it so some kind of flaw humanity has in this world. Humans are inherently biased and no matter what you do or say, you can't change that. It's just like saying that you're a bad person for not wanting to work on a malware infested com that crashes every 2 minutes claiming that it's the equivalent of not wanting to hang out with someone who has cancer. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other and to sell yourself short when you could have done better does not make you a better person.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:38 pm
Woah there!

"America is wrong" "America isn't what anyone wants"
Don't go balming it all on Americans. Like Maui said, it's human nature. And humans live all over the world.

In any case, I agree with your concept of how the differences make us unique and not bad, but I also agree with Maui.

Life Hath Immortality

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff