Giving up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lydia Blue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 pm
On my Nano novel.

I'm too close to my characters and story to do it justice in such a period of time.
I'm upset by my lack of determination.

Damn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm
Then do it justice in a longer period of time!  

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 pm
NOOOOOO!!!!!
Go on, keep at it biggrin
It's only been a week, you have another 3 smile
Surely you can get it done?

EEEDDIIITTt::::
Yeah, what Eylios said makes sense too  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm
I'm definitely going to keep writing it, as it's been a significant part of my life so far, but I won't get 50000 words of it done within november. Speed is just not my forte. Perhaps next year I'll write something nonsensical and get that done.

Unless I get a surge of creativity and new typing fingers. Then I'm back in the game.

Lydia Blue

Todd186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 pm
I know how you feel. I haven't written anything today. Shame... But I won't give up. Not even if I don't reach the goal by 12:00 am December 1st.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm
At least you don't have my "OH HEY, LET'S START WRITING FOUR THINGS AT ONCE, THAT'S SURE TO TURN OUT WELL! 8D" problem. why did i go to the Less Than Three press website, it's only provided me with unrelated brain-fodder  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Arabian Sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:42 pm
I might be giving up. I had all the inspiration and motivation last month, the month that's always been my good writing month, but I wasn't allowed to write the story then...

Now, even if I did continue the story without any ties to NaNo and took as long as necessary, I still feel no motivation to write it.

What's worse is that I've been having a lot of little story ideas and yet, I don't have the motivation to write any of them.

I don't know. A lot of negative things have been happening lately. I just want to lie in bed and not get out of it for anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:20 pm
You shouldn't give up! you need to keep at it, even if you dont think you'll get it done, you should still keep trying, just to see how much you can get done.  

vampiremistress702

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lazarus Larkin

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 am
It's not as though you're never allowed to go back to it and make it better afterwards. If you write 50,000 words and 40,000 of them suck you still have 10,000 words of awesome that you didn't have before, and the rest can be edited and rearranged and cut and redone as much as you like after the fact.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:36 pm
I think I'm going to do a Sol-nowrimo (Solo novel writing month) next semester when school is mildly less crazy.
Solnowrimo. I kind of like that...

Lydia Blue

NaNoWriMo [And Other Contests]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces