Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:54 am
...hey, ATG. :3 Long time no see.

So, uh, not sure how many of y'all know this, but I'm currently chillin' in Japan, studying abroad for a semester. And while I thought my arrival was eventful--jumping straight into the action as I did--it's gonna be nothin' compared to when I return to the States in January, as I discovered from looking at my schedule of registered classes for spring.

...my semester starts January 10th, whereas I thought it was a week later, looking at our schedule.

...I fly into the airport in Omaha late on the 9th. Brilliant scheduling there on my part. sweatdrop I can't change my flights either. At least the way I've managed to schedule my classes gives me Monday free, but I thought that I'd have another week. To, y'know. Find an apartment (I moved out of my place completely before coming here,) a new job (I don't plan on going back to the other once my leave of absence is up,) and generally wind down before leaping back in feet-first.

January's going to freaking kill me. D: Along with the adventure I had before /leaving/, ugh. Makes me hesitant to try taking the train down to Tokyo 'fore I leave, 'cause I'll inevitably screw something up and then sob brokenly about it later. Fun!

Discuss:
- Travel woes
- Epic screwups
- So what are /you/ doing this January? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 am
Wow. I'm planning on studying abroad in college, I just hope things don't get all screwy like with you ^.^;

Well... January I don't really have plans, but it's my May/June that will be all messed up. I'm going to go to Japan for about two weeks as part of a school trip in May. I'm not sure of the exact dates of when we're leaving and coming back, I just hope I have at least a day to recover before graduation. Then this summer I'm planning on getting a job, which... Well, I'll have to make sure that my interview is before I go to Japan if at all possible and that I don't start until the last day of May/first day of June. I really kinda need/want a summer job since I'll be off to college next fall and I want to save up money for a trip ^.^;  

Lobo-chan

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:38 pm
When I went to Japan with my mom for 2 weeks, we somehow managed to go to Japan...without directions to our first two hotels. We had the phone numbers and addresses...but not actual directions gonk Fortunatley, very kind people helped us out.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 am
Yeah, the Japanese are pretty good about being nice to tourists. XD They've been so tolerant of my mistakes...well, at least to my face. There's the whole 'preserving surface harmony' thing they've got going that makes me wonder half the time if they really mean what they're saying, but...That's a peril that comes with the territory, I suppose. :3

Lobo: I'm gonna start seriously applying for jobs in the week before I head home, if what I want is available, and make a note that I won't be available for an interview until the second week of January. :3 Maybe you could do something like that.  

Novatierrie
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 am
Tolerant isn't always... so good. >_> Maybe joo mean kind? biggrin

And HAI Nova. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 pm
Nova: Oh, I'll probably start doing my job applications earlier in the spring and try to get my interviews out of the way before I leave the country. If time is getting close, I'll just have to make a note that I can't go to an interview during those two weeks. What makes me getting a job really annoying is that I'm at school over an hour away from where I'd be working, so I'd also have to arrange interviews around all of that >.<
Good luck getting work ^.^

My teacher is originally from Japan and has taken a lot of classes on the trip to Japan and tells us all of these cool stories about how a student lost their phone at a street fair and someone turned it in and they got it back =3  

Lobo-chan

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff