Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Sex and gender in Heaven Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:57 am
I was given the question "When we are given our new bodies in Heaven will we be boys and girls?" Thus causing me to wonder will there be sex, not the act, and gender in Heaven. At the time all I could think of as an answer was "God and the angels don't have a sex, so why should we?" I couldn't really go in to much detail about some of the other reasons because I was talking to a 11 year old. So what do you think about the questions and what is your answer?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm
Where is the proof that God and the angels do not have a gender? The scriptures have identified God as being a male. He has identified Himself as a male figure.

So then by the logic that God and the angels have no gender, being a transexual would be next to godliness? Why would we be created with a gender and then be resurrected as an it, essentially a faceless no body? The only difference between the mortal body and the resurrected body is that the resurrected one will be perfect and with out blemish, unlike the mortal one.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Shadows-shine
Where is the proof that God and the angels do not have a gender? The scriptures have identified God as being a male. He has identified Himself as a male figure.

So then by the logic that God and the angels have no gender, being a transexual would be next to godliness? Why would we be created with a gender and then be resurrected as an it, essentially a faceless no body? The only difference between the mortal body and the resurrected body is that the resurrected one will be perfect and with out blemish, unlike the mortal one.

Actually God is referred to as Him and Lord in a way to honor him. It was the same reasons why the angels only appeared as males. You must understand that in the past women were looked down upon and it was considered shameful to be taking orders/guidence from a woman. Plus scripture states that there won't be marriage in Heaven so why would need to reproduce? Also no one brought up transexuals or being faceless. Also God is neither female nor male while a transexual is both. Please get you definitions correct and try not to put words into my post that are clearly not there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 pm
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine

Actually God is referred to as Him and Lord in a way to honor him. It was the same reasons why the angels only appeared as males. You must understand that in the past women were looked down upon and it was considered shameful to be taking orders/guidence from a woman. Plus scripture states that there won't be marriage in Heaven so why would need to reproduce? Also no one brought up transexuals or being faceless. Also God is neither female nor male while a transexual is both. Please get you definitions correct and try not to put words into my post that are clearly not there.

No, God is referred to as being male being He is a male! It has nothing to do with honor or respect or whether or not women had respect in the ancient times. It's plain and simple that God, His Son and the Holy Ghost are males!

And do tell where the scriptures state there is no marriage in Heaven? Besides even if there wasn't marriage in heaven or reproduction in heaven, why would that negate humans having gender in heaven?

Transexuals are not both male and female. They are either male or female. No amount of surgery or horomone pills can alter what gender a person is. If a person is born with xy chromosones, it's a guy and if a person is born with xx chromosones, it's a female. Nothing changes that.

I got the faceless nobody because our gender is part of who we are. So if you take away the gender then we lose a lot of our identity. Identity still does matter in the eternities since we spend our whole mortal life building one.

And the only time the Scriptures were specific as to whether or not angels were male or female was when Gabriel appeared before the birth of John the baptist. Otherwise angels were just called messengers of the Lord and their names were not given or their gender was not specified. So, you can't say that angels only appeared as males.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:44 pm
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine

No, God is referred to as being male being He is a male! It has nothing to do with honor or respect or whether or not women had respect in the ancient times. It's plain and simple that God, His Son and the Holy Ghost are males!

And do tell where the scriptures state there is no marriage in Heaven? Besides even if there wasn't marriage in heaven or reproduction in heaven, why would that negate humans having gender in heaven?

Transexuals are not both male and female. They are either male or female. No amount of surgery or horomone pills can alter what gender a person is. If a person is born with xy chromosones, it's a guy and if a person is born with xx chromosones, it's a female. Nothing changes that.

I got the faceless nobody because our gender is part of who we are. So if you take away the gender then we lose a lot of our identity. Identity still does matter in the eternities since we spend our whole mortal life building one.

And the only time the Scriptures were specific as to whether or not angels were male or female was when Gabriel appeared before the birth of John the baptist. Otherwise angels were just called messengers of the Lord and their names were not given or their gender was not specified. So, you can't say that angels only appeared as males.

Matthew 22:30 "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Mark 12:25 "When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Since there won't be marriage in Heaven then there would be sex, the act, because that is infidelity. So because there won't be sex, the act, there wouldn't be any need of us having a sex.

That's one of the other answers that I had but couldn't use when explaining it to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:55 pm
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine

Matthew 22:30 "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Mark 12:25 "When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Since there won't be marriage in Heaven then there would be sex, the act, because that is infidelity. So because there won't be sex, the act, there wouldn't be any need of us having a sex.

That's one of the other answers that I had but couldn't use when explaining it to her.

For one, that explains that marriage cannot be performed in the resurrection. That does not state that marriage cannot or will not remain for those who are already married.

Where in the Bible does it state that sex is an infidelus act? Would it be because it feels good so it must be bad? Would that mean that eating candy is also a sin? You do not contain logic in your reasoning, only hope of things that you think exists because you state it does.  

Someoneiknow

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:03 pm
Someoneiknow
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine

For one, that explains that marriage cannot be performed in the resurrection. That does not state that marriage cannot or will not remain for those who are already married.

Where in the Bible does it state that sex is an infidelus act? Would it be because it feels good so it must be bad? Would that mean that eating candy is also a sin? You do not contain logic in your reasoning, only hope of things that you think exists because you state it does.

Sex outside of marraige is a sin which is called infidelity. It's church camp 101. So stop trying to pull stuff out of thin air to disprove me because it is getting really annoying. Plus it is true because scripture states that, and God wouldn't lie.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:09 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Be civil... no arguing needs to take place... if you don't agree with someone, kindly work it out. We are meant to be loving and respectful, not combative and rude!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:16 pm
Does it really matter...?

Honestly, we'll be in God's hands so there's nothing to worry about.
There are some questions that are hard to answer. It's okay to be at peace with not knowing, because you'll still have faith in God.
Arguing about it here isn't going to change anything.

Gothic, you were just wondering what people's opinions were, it seems like you've got them.
Now I don't know what everybody's going on about.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm
Saint Crazy The Follower
Does it really matter...?

Honestly, we'll be in God's hands so there's nothing to worry about.
There are some questions that are hard to answer. It's okay to be at peace with not knowing, because you'll still have faith in God.
Arguing about it here isn't going to change anything.

Gothic, you were just wondering what people's opinions were, it seems like you've got them.
Now I don't know what everybody's going on about.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadow was asking me questions so I answered them. It would be rude not to since she asked politely. While I had to clearify the wild accusations Someone had thrown at me.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:12 pm
I guess then, the best answer is that no one knows for sure. The bible doesn't explicitly talk about it.

Sure, a couple times it says that whole 'like the angels' thing, but then again it never says angels have a gender either.

Regardless, it's not worth arguing over. Whether or not we'll have gender in Heaven is inconsequential to the fact that we'll be in Heaven in the first place.

It's these kinds of arguments that only serve to create divisions in the Church, when our focus should be instead on serving our Lord. Regardless of whether or not we'll retain gender, or stay married, we'll be in the presence of God for eternity. That fact right there is more important to me than whether Michael really is a dude, and shouldn't in fact be Michelle...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:38 pm
Kyramud
I guess then, the best answer is that no one knows for sure. The bible doesn't explicitly talk about it.

Sure, a couple times it says that whole 'like the angels' thing, but then again it never says angels have a gender either.

Regardless, it's not worth arguing over. Whether or not we'll have gender in Heaven is inconsequential to the fact that we'll be in Heaven in the first place.

It's these kinds of arguments that only serve to create divisions in the Church, when our focus should be instead on serving our Lord. Regardless of whether or not we'll retain gender, or stay married, we'll be in the presence of God for eternity. That fact right there is more important to me than whether Michael really is a dude, and shouldn't in fact be Michelle...

Amen to this.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
User Image

I dunno, I kinda want to still be counted as "married" in Heaven.
I don't know if it's a selfish human thing or not but...
I want to know who is my husband and who is my family.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:54 am
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose

I'm sorry, but gothic_black_rose is right, about the reference to God in the 'Him' aspect. It was for respect; just because the scriptures say 'He' doesn't mean he is definetively male. He created man AND woman in HIS IMAGE. That would leave me to believe that he is more than just male.

But as for the rest, I am not sure about, and would love to know. It's not completely important, but it is a good question -- I would like to still be considered female in Heaven. I would also like to believe there is marriage in heaven.

I guess this is another one of the truths that God has decided to keep secret for now. ;D

T e m p e s t__X V

Hungry Gaian

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas